any Ferrari owners in the Philippines? | Page 44 | FerrariChat

any Ferrari owners in the Philippines?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Verone, Jan 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PinoyP

PinoyP Formula 3

Aug 7, 2006
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    AL
    Mabuhay Angie!

2. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    miketuason likes this.
  3. evommcdmd

evommcdmd Rookie

May 25, 2017
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Mike Cervantes
    Just got back from Mla and attended the MSCC meets. had a great time and met a lot of Nice people with nice cars.
    Now its time to get ready for Monterey car week!

4. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :

Hey B Is EE your brother?

5. evommcdmd

evommcdmd Rookie

May 25, 2017
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Mike Cervantes
    Sunset GT tomorrow the 9th of September. See you there!!!!!!

6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  7. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Musta all - will be in Manila for Christmas and New Year, first time in 10 years - anything going on from 12/21-01/06?

8. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
  9. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I used to love the 70's and 80's era "wedge" Bertone and "shark-like" Pininfarina designs as a kid and the Stratos was one of the coolest cars out there...up there in total coolness with the 6 wheeled ELF F1 car! I have always appreciated old/classic cars, but whenever I get back into the more modern exotics with good aircon and radio, you realize how different the experience is in comfort, ergonomics, chassis stiffness, size, etc.. I really salute you for having an older exotic in an environment like the Philippines...I have no doubt that driving a Stratos would give you the exaggerated sudomotor responses that you describe, however your excessive perspiration is still mostly due to your equatorial latitude...cheers, Pare...

10. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Indeed, Albert. I have another 70s sports car whose air-conditioning I never turn on, but the Stratos always makes me perspire more. My heart beats faster too.

Modern sports cars are very competent and redly comfortable. They spoil us, which is why they are the default drives. Much progress has been made over the decades.

But what surprises me when I drive an older sports car is how direct the steering is, how much feedback I get, and that is true with the brakes and the suspension as well. Modern sports cars just insulate a bit too much, and that’s made clear only when one slips into an older sports car.

11. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
  12. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Ha, ha my observation about causation of your perspiration when driving the Lancia is mostly in jest...Sarcasm is sometimes hard to translate in keystrokes...I agree on everything you said about older cars- the Stratos and Dino are too of the most iconic beauties to have ever come out of Italy- and you are truly lucky to have them as "keepers!"

13. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    I know, Albert. You know much about the older cars. That’s great.

Somehow, the Stratos induces a tension in the driver, perhaps because it itself has a certain nervousness, like that of a race horse. It assumes the driver knows what he’s doing; it will not “forgive.”

So different from modern Ferraris, with all the driver aids.

Good MSCC meeting this morning, by the way. There was broad range of sports cars - Miatas, Alfas, Ferraris, Porsches and so on A 2006 Mercedes SLR McClaren with 1.000 miles made its debut. Quite enjoyable morning.

Andy

14. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Anything going on in Manila 06/21-6/23? Will be passing by for a short stay.

15. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon!!!

miketuason likes this.
  16. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
  17. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
  18. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
  19. jacqueusi

jacqueusi Rookie

Feb 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    RRL
    Hello everyone from snowy Metro Detroit, MI. HAPPY 2020! Absolute newbie here and I've got a question about the FOCP. abstamaria, my apologies for asking in a public setting but any chance you would be open to PM me regarding club questions? I've spent the last 15 minutes looking for a way to reach out. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thanks in advance.

RRL

miketuason likes this.
  20. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Hope everyone in PI is doing well and safe!

jacqueusi likes this.
  21. skffc

skffc Rookie

Apr 25, 2020
    Hey everybody, hope we are all staying safe.

What is the process of joining the ferrari fun runs here in bgc ? i have no idea where to look !

22. SL%%

SL%% Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    for a start, you can check out Manila Sports Car Club and Ferrari Club of the Philippines... make sure though your front license plate is installed.... highway patrols in the south are pretty much "alert" for supercars.....

23. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon!!!

24. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  25. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Hello all, musta na kyo lahat. Hope everyone in Manila is copping well especially with the new ECQ coming. Question for our Manila base members. I have a friend interested in talking to some at Motostrada about a Ferrari but can't seem to connect with anyone there, I was hoping someone here can provide a contact info/introduction. I'm not sure what the situation is at the dealership exactly with Covid and ECQ, but my friend reached out since he knows I'm an owner, so thought I'd ask here. Any info would be appreciated. Salamat in advance.

miketuason likes this.