For Sale - 1988 328 GTS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1988 328 GTS

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by troyce, Apr 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Great color and nice wheels....GLWS!
    Looks like you have local interest...….

2. troyce

troyce Karting

Jul 19, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Troyce Walls
    Yes, you are welcome to come over and view and drive the car.

3. troyce

troyce Karting

Jul 19, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Troyce Walls
    There are about 500 miles on a major service that included drive belt bearings, among several other significant items - including a new AC compressor and dryer. Please see image attached. Subsequently, in late 2019 the drive belts were again replaced along with the water pump gasket. The AC system was flushed and re-charged at that time and is working properly - as well as they do. New tires installed a few weeks ago, and an oil/filter change performed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. troyce

troyce Karting

Jul 19, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Troyce Walls
    That's correct.

5. troyce

troyce Karting

Jul 19, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Troyce Walls
    Yes, shoot me a PM and I'll give you contact info. You are quite welcome to come over and inspect and drive the car.

6. troyce

troyce Karting

Jul 19, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Troyce Walls
    The car will be listed soon on BaT with all information requested.

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  7. troyce

troyce Karting

Jul 19, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Troyce Walls
    It's true, I felt that I hadn't properly represented the car and confusion regarding the VIN plate hampered the bidding. That would have hampered me bidding, frankly. But now the car is all detailed, recently serviced, around 200 photos (including, of course, a not-messed-with image of the VIN plate), and both an AutoCheck and CarFax presented.

8. troyce

troyce Karting

Jul 19, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Troyce Walls
    No leaks noted (excepting usual road grime) while I had the car on my lift. It does not mark its spot ala my classic Brit cars and Harley-Davidsons. Shields are merely stuck on, a small amount of heat would remove them. However, I like them and they'll remain while I have the car. Thanks for the inquiries!

9. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Hi Troyce, just trying to piece this together and help prospective bidders understand.

You'd said :
    But the 2015 invoice shows 46,539 miles 5 years ago. Maybe the shop wrote it down wrong?

Then you said,
    So does that mean you just had the belt service done again within the last couple months?

Elsewhere you'd mentioned that the stick-on Cavallinos would stay on (your prerogative of course), but the photos above don't show them. Was that when you first got it? Or photo-shopped out? Either way, glad to know they can be removed if someone chooses.

I'm not sure Fchat allows a way to change the thread title saying "1988", but the car has - I believe - a September 2016 build date.

Again, only seeking clarity on this handsome car. Great paint color.by the way. Best to you.

10. troyce

troyce Karting

Jul 19, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Troyce Walls
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mileage in the original thread simply a mistype on my part - should have been ~48K miles.

Yes, a new belt service in December 2019, along with a pressure test and recharge of the AC, new tires, oil/filter change.

There will be a large (200+) set of images in the Bring-a-Trailer listing when it goes live. The shields should show in that set. I did add them myself, so previous images earlier in the car's stay with me might not show them.

Correct, the car is an early 1987 model year, with a September 1986 build date.

No clue how to change the thread title myself.

Thanks for the inquiry!

~Troyce

11. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    can you please post the service records from 2019, thank you!

12. troyce

troyce Karting

Jul 19, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Troyce Walls
    Sure - and here's a rundown:

Major service 2015 - see image for extensive set of repairs/replacements/servicing
    Belt replacement Dec 2019
    Water pump gasket Dec 2019
    Oil and air filters, and oil change Dec 2019
    Air-Con serviced Dec 2019 and is cold
    New Bridgestone tires mount/balance Dec 2019
    New filter box accordion rubber
    New struts on engine bay lid and front boot lid
    New pedal rubbers
    Clock, electric antenna, all console & speedo pod lamps, dome light, functional
    Seat head rest cover embossed with Cavallino Rampante
    Paint is silky smooth and near perfect; "Ceramic" coating
    Two chips in paint depicted in images
    Radio non-functional
    Car starts, idles, runs, accelerates, drives, and stops near as new
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. RJHD3

RJHD3 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Seattle
    Are you open to closing a deal prior to the BAT listing, or are you fully committed at this point?

14. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    That COLOR!! GLWS I think with time these will go up as well. I mean these were low production compared to todays numbers and they are still gorgeous.

15. Jstephen

Jstephen Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    JStephen
  16. Keith Brown

Keith Brown Rookie

Mar 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    Keith Brown
    Wow- just saw that it sold on BAT for $53k. Someone got a great deal! Congrats on the Sale.