F8 - Order Status | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
  2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Buddy, is your order for a Coupe?

3. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Just looked back at my previous 3 cars, 458 Italia, 488 GTB, and 488 Spider. They all took approximately 4 months for when they went Red 10. Supposedly things are happening faster now. We’ll see.

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yes

phrogs and jm2 like this.
  5. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    My car just went Red 10 today. Should be and April or May delivery.

of2worlds, Dicecal and jm2 like this.
  6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats super exciting!

7. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Awesome.............can't wait till people start posting photos...........I still do not have any. I have heard some people don't get any photos until the car is status 90............Hope that is not true!

8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Have you guys gotten any emails from Ferrari regarding your order?

9. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I have yet to receive a single email from Italy. All my info comes from dealership here in Denver. When I retire, I am going to fly there and tell them I am taking a over the “customer purchasing” experience. As much as I love all things Ferrari - I could take this this to a whole next level at minimal cost.

of2worlds, LARRYH, jm2 and 2 others like this.
  10. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Totally agree John. Let’s do it together. Been there twice and they didn’t seem t9 listen...lol

jm2 and jim g like this.
  11. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    My car was status 40 back on December 20th. I checked in yesterday and to my surprise I’m still at status 40. Algar has no idea why but my car and the their other cars behind mine in production have slowed to a crawl. They aren’t sure if they just stopped updating the system over the holidays or if production basically came to a stop. My car should be finished by now. If anyone knows what’s going on please share.

12. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yeah that seems a bit odd? I’ve got to check with my dealer but I think I’m on the same timeline as cpiguy, probably just went Red 10.

Anthony Capone likes this.
  13. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    That is disappointing to hear. I am guessing they did stop over the holidays (I know many plants in US re-tool over the break - not sure about Ferrari). I was the third allocation for my dealership........the 1st being their demo car which just arrived at port in US (it was status 90 for 5 weeks - not sure if that is the average). As far as I know I am still 30 but will swing by dealership today and check on it..........I will also ask about the other F8's they have on order..........I figured they would be pumping these out as fast as they can......but maybe that is not the case.......(I would rather they not build 2,500 a year!)

jim g likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Having gone through this exact thing with my Pista just a few months ago, I sincerely feel for you guys. You won’t get any communications from ferrari, hardly ever. You will need to just touch base with your dealer regularly. The wait is difficult at best and it gets worse the closer you get to delivery.

wrs and jim g like this.
  15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    You should all be happy, apparently the US have got priority over Europe now ;)
    In France it seems early delivery will probably happen in April, mine was tentatively set for June (in spite of placing the order in April '19).

of2worlds and jim g like this.
  16. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Production usually stops for the full break so since Dec 20 they've only been back this past week

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I inquired about a Pista Spider that went R10 around the end of October. Initially that should have been a Feb delivery, but now dealer is saying Q2 as there are quite a few delays apparently. So I would definitely not hold my breath for the usual four months from R10 to 95 - and this is on mainland Europe without boat shipping. I would not be surprised if people see 6-8 month waits from Red 10 to 95.
    As for G10. Cars can sit in that limbo for years depending on whether thd dealer asks Ferrari to lock it or not, or finally Ferrari asks for approval to lock it. G10 is basically the stage where dealers can move clients up or down on the "ladder". If you are green 10 and your dealer don't ask Ferrari to close it, it can have that status until end of production if one is unlucky or the dealer plays games. Then it will only go R10 when Ferrari asks for that to happen.

Time will tell. Your prolonged status 40 may simply be yet another symptom of a very dysfunctional Ferrari portal, or if may be a result of earlier mentioned delays.

Oh well, the cars will be here some time in 2020:)

18. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Checked today and I am still status 30........(have been since Tuesday). Not sure how long paint takes so this may be normal.

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Judging by the quality, I'd say about an hour...

Sorry. Couldn't resist:)

PTG1, of2worlds, stavura and 4 others like this.
  20. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Ha! As long as it comes out of detailer like SoCal to AZ’s Pista. I am good with it. Damn that car shines.

LARRYH, jim g and SoCal to az like this.
  21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    i just got the front clear bra out on. Doing the rest of the car and ceramic coating in a few weeks. FWIW I just got my 720 back from ceramic coating and it friggin glows!!

22. David Richardson

Mar 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    David R
    My car has been 10R for a couple of weeks...dealer said they should get a few pictures soon...

23. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry to say - don't get your hopes up..........I went 10R on 11-20 and I am now status 30.............with no photos yet. I have heard from many that say photos don't come until it is ready to hit status 90. I hope they are wrong!

David Richardson likes this.
  24. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    On my last 3 cars, red 10 to 20 took 30 to 60 days. It’s only been a week at red 10 for me, so I’ll let everyone know when it goes 20 this time.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    When did you get your first photo?