Moving to Tennessee | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Moving to Tennessee

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tazandjan, Dec 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ado4wd

Ado4wd Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Germantown, TN
    Full Name:
    Andrew O
    Curious why Clarksville?

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Close to Ft Campbell for a retired USAF guy: medical care, pharmacy, commissary.

3. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Taz,
    Get a PPI on that home!
    In all seriousness, good luck in your new chapter in life
    -Dominic

4. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Nice new home, a New Year, I hope all works out for you. I am not a fan of HOA's though, I dealt with them in Phoenix and will never deal with another again.

5. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    Terry -- I share your feelings about ABQ. Lived in SF for a year tho, and loved it. My best wishes for the holiday season, settling in and enjoying life.

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Don- Now comes the fun of moving without Uncle Sam paying the bill. Not deductible anymore, either.

Happy New Year to all.

Noticed we are only 76 miles from the Corvette factory in Bowling Green. Have had 10 Corvettes, 4 Ferraris (plus a 2.4 Fiat Dino Coupe) and 4 Porsches, so a Corvette factory tour would be nice.

F456M and Texas Forever like this.
  7. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Congrats on the move Terry ! Been in TN for many years and truly enjoy it. Look forward to meeting you at one of our FCA events or get togethers.

8. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Congratulations, Terry! That’s a beautiful part of the country and very safe and traditional. We spent the last twenty years in Lexington, KY, partly to raise our kids somewhere that still feels wholesome.

We’re now starting a business in Tucson but will never sell our ole’ Kentucky home. Good luck with the new home and also thanks for all the informative posts over the years. You’re a true asset to FChat.

F456M likes this.
  9. Canuck550

Canuck550 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2015
    Incognito
    Full Name:
    RJA
    Very Nice! Smart decision for all the right reasons
    Life is Journey, may as well make it a happy one!

10. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Congratulations! Beautiful home.

11. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    One thing is to move, another fact is that one gets the opportunity to see what stuff you got, throw away all you don’t need anymore, and move on with what you need. Actually it can be really nice just like when doing the balance of a company after the year, then when you do that in life it is great! And the less things you have the better it is!

12. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I will have to introduce this "throw away" concept you speak of to my wife. Then we'll have to review the associated "doing acceptance" concept. It all seems extremely optimistic...

F456M likes this.
  13. Jürgen Geisler

Jürgen Geisler Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Have a great time there Terry... Think, most important point in life is to feel comfortable where you are spending most of your time.....

Jürgen

F456M likes this.
  14. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Hi Terry......not sure you remember but a few years back I shared my appreciation for your advice on Maranellos. Not sure which one I had when I posted since I went from the 550 to the 575 to the Superamerica. You have always been the "go-to" guy for tech and model expertise.

Now that you are moving to Music City you are still a distance from where we live in the mountains [near Maggie Valley NC]. About 5 hour drive. Regardless my offer that if you ever come my way all my cars on on offer for you to drive. We have some of the best roads anywhere to have spirited drives through the mountains. Not sure what cars I had when I made the first offer but now it's a 599 [trade bait], the SA [keeper], a hot-512 BB [on the fence], and my 330 GTC [to be my burial coffin when I go....lol].

Before I was in Naples FL and you in NM.....we were pretty unlikely to meet up. But now when Nashville heats up in summer [it can get to 100!] you might find driving 5 hours to the NC mountains a worthwhile trip. Be forewarned......my 10 car dream garage will be completed by then. I may put a wrench or two in your hand.....lol!!

15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Great offer, thanks. I am a fly fisher and eastern Tennessee has some great trout fishing in the same mountain range as North Carolina. We have visited Ashville in the past and my relatives all live in Lancaster, SC, just across the border from Charlotte. So there are definitely ways to get together, especially since the fastest way to Lancaster is through Knoxville. Note there is a nice museum near Maggie Valley, too.

16. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Yes the "Wheels Through Time" motorcycle museum. Dale has put together a great way to display the history of bikes and other related machinery.

Once you get settled in your new home and you will be heading our way give me the heads up. Our summers are beautiful. High temp last year here was 82 degrees!

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Good news. My house in Albuquerque sold, so I will only own two houses for 28 days.

SCantera, JimEakin, Laserguru and 3 others like this.
  18. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Congrats, you will enjoy TN. One of the best states for multiple reasons.

19. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Chili Rellenos. A New Mexico favorite. Terry it was delicious. We have a flight out of ABQ and stopped, by Eloy’s.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ahhh, Chili rellenos, one of my favorites along with flour tortilla beef fajitas.

We leave for a week in Zihuatanejo in a couple of weeks, we have been going to the same place there every year for 20 years now.

ralfabco likes this.
  21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Israel- Eloy's actually has the best Chile Rellenos I have had, and I have eaten them in dozens of places. Glad you enjoyed them.

I told Jan we would come back to visit, and Eloy's is the motivation for me on that. Might be on the way to some fly fishing, too.

ralfabco likes this.
  22. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Terry the waitress is thin. She is a Gringo.

23. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    You must have been there when Lisa was not there. She is the owner's granddaughter. The older lady is definitely a gringo.

ralfabco likes this.
  24. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    ralfabco likes this.
  25. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

I don't have any pics in front of the store with the Altima rental car.

Laserguru and Nospinzone like this.