My 812 Order is in | FerrariChat

My 812 Order is in

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by wrs, Jan 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Just got back from putting in the deposit. Here is the car, I added the hifi sound for resale. I don't like a lot of carbon fiber so I got the options that make the most sense for this car without adding all the CF expense. The spec is now $434k so a medium cost spec but has all the stuff you want for a road trip with a passenger. I am aiming for the 812 GTS as this car is likely to be an interim car I was focused on making it a decent resale spec.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

R J, Prancing12, Pis7a2020 and 10 others like this.
  2. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    My compliments . We will share our feelings . My will be delivered next June . Me too I’m waiting for a quotation related to a GTS with my SF trade in one year later (2021) . We will see . I like so much opening roof but I like more the SF if you look it from rear . Struggling .

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and wrs like this.
  3. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Mine should be here in the same time frame unless they can get it into an earlier slot. Scheduled build is late March or early April.

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations!

wrs likes this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I would have chosen silver for the calipers so those wheels remain the focus. You can't go wrong with Grigio Titanio, a wonderful color!
    Did you get any commitment from them that this 812 would get you into a GTS which you have mentioned was the goal???

wrs likes this.
  6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations! Mine is in too and maybe we will share the boat ride later this Spring!

wrs likes this.
  7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    They told me that I would get a GTS allocation but the timing is probably not 2020. They have two slots for 2020 is all I know and I am not likely to get one of those. That is OK with me because I would like to own the 812 for a year or so.

I tried the silver calipers first and also black but since I am using the red trim on the inside, the red on the outside complements the red on the inside is our reasoning. When the door is open, the red calipers bring the inside out.

8. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Congratulations! Can't wait for the first build pictures to arrive...

Gr. Martin

daytona355 and wrs like this.
  9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    One idea is replace the wheel caps with CF or black. Thus, you don't have the yellow and red so close.

10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I think I need to go fool around with the configurator some more to try that combo.

11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Dealer told me the car started production today, the myferrari page shows waiting list but he gave me the VIN so I should be seeing a car in the next couple of months! WOW!

Buying that Portofino boosted my status for sure.

daytona355 and of2worlds like this.
  12. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Or with so much new product being launched last year, maybe the demand has kinda evaporated.......

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats and god bless. def not a car id buy new right now...you hatred of money is bigger than mine!!

14. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes, that could be it too but others are saying their orders aren't being delivered until June and they put in well before me. I just put my order in a week ago.

Very true. The dealer here has a really good 2019 that I could buy for about $65k less than my spec but I decided this time I would spec one just so I can say I have done it. I plan to lose even more money buy taking a GTS allocation and trading this one for the GTS.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Congrats! Beautiful spec!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Car is now in paint, going to be on the ship soon enough. No pictures or updates in myferrari though.

Gianfranco341 and daytona355 like this.
  17. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Portofino ownership had nothing to do with it. The 812 SF market is dead with plenty of slots sitting empty. Never owned any 812SF and got offered a 812 GTS, promptly turned it down.

18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #18 wrs, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Thanks for that. So you have only owned a Cali T HS, 488 spider and you somehow got a Pista allocation which you never explained but you were offered a GTS allocation without asking but you turned it down? Why do you suppose they would offer it to you with such a thin buying history and no expressed interest? Doesn't make sense to me if they actually want to fill the spot.

KenU likes this.
  19. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    I have the same plan. And guess what I want to do Taylor made for the Superfast and loose even more money.
    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. Awitty

Awitty Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    Lucky you. Don't worry about the cash,. Just enjoy it.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

21. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t get the impression the money is too much of a concern.... bloody good way to be. We are on here once, enjoy every minute, and every minute in that 812 will be awesome

22. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Now at status 40, assembly line, maybe pictues soon.

of2worlds and daytona355 like this.
  23. Awitty

Awitty Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    Do you get the status code from the dealer or is there another way to track it?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes, the dealer is the only one with the access to the MODIS system where the status is found. I hadn't gotten a status update for a week and I figured I would email him this afternoon and when I did, he responded that he was just about to email me with the update. My car still says Waiting List on my.ferrari.com.

Awitty likes this.
  25. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Vin number appeared on Ferrari app 2 weeks ago. Last 4 numbers 5827 . I don’t know when it will be delivered .

wrs likes this.