Testarossa Price Trends | Page 152 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    My take is the car has a high reserve, and it is "priced not to sell" for know. It will get hauled to a few more Mecum venues as filler until the owner is ready to dump it. The car doesn't have enough info or pictures to even make a guess at what it is worth. Mecum is terrible at providing VINs or any other pertinent info. Who knows what the underside looks like. We all know the TRs ride low, and the exhaust and subframe can be beat.

The car may be good from far, but far from good. Since it has a multitude of needs and has only been driven around 4.5K miles in the last six years, your guess is as good as mine. The car is worth whatever the market pays. A bid of $100K may have been a shill bid for television. Who knows at the auctions anymore???

I think the cars that @Shamile For Sale 91 Testarossa Red/Tan $82,900.00 and @Kevin Pauza Testarossa have listed in the classifieds have more going for them at less than $100K asking prices. As always, YMMV.

MOSS and Shamile like this.
  2. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I’d say $100k should buy you a good one in the US and a driver for $85k. Sound reasonable to you, Paul?

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's what I posted earlier.

Although I would recommend somebody buy a no stories well maintained TR for low 100sK then a questionable driver at 85K any day of the week.

BOKE likes this.
  4. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Shill bids is the reason why I don’t put much stock in auctions to measure values. I have also seen more than one auction site publish a fake sold price.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BOKE likes this.
  5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Wow...I know of a no stories, well maintained and concours winning 91 Testarossa for the low price of 82,500!

....ask me how I know ;) lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BOKE and paulchua like this.
  6. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Have you had much interest, Shamile? Anyone come to see it / drive it?

7. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    A few people have messaged me for information and a few calls. I did have one buyer but didn't see his message and by the time I got back to him, he bought another. Perhaps he felt insulted that I "couldn't be bothered" to return his message and call him

For some reason, I don't get message notifications on my smartphone like the thread notifications.

So, still ticking along....and I manually check for messages now.

The car will be entered in the Festival of Speed Concours this Sunday in Vinoy Park in St. Petersburg FL.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Good luck! I hope it sells soon. Maybe now the holidays have come and gone there will be more interest.

Shamile likes this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    sounds like a great deal! What was the mileage and color?

Ah red and at 75K - price makes sense....

Cheers

Shamile likes this.
  10. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #3785 Shamile, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Thanks. I know a Testarossa is long sell...so, I'm just going with it.

In the meantime, since I sold my Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster, it's my main car and just doing what I like doing....driving and entering it in concours.

Like I've said, an Aventador Roadster are a dime a dozen and you don't have to jump on a specific car....so, I'm patient.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Jay R and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yes, my post was tongue in cheek...but it's the miles that brings down the price. I knew this going in when I bought it and....god forbid...wanted to drive it lol

But, I dare anyone to show me where it's less maintained than the low mile cars.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

BOKE and WATSON like this.
  12. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    it's amazing at how strange this thread has gotten the past few pages!

Shamile likes this.
  13. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    This thread only gets weird when the kitty goes "meow" ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

blkdiablo33, Parnelli, MOSS and 4 others like this.
  14. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Very true, I know a lot of people who have had others bid their cars up just below the reserve price hoping some fool will jump in and if not they can say it was bid up to $100k at a weak auction so I'll give you a deal at $105 for it.

No one ever knows where the real money is for cars that don't sell, for all we know the real bidder stopped at $60k then the sellers shill bidders drove the price up to $100k. I see this over and over.

All cars should be sold no reserve with the seller having to pay a percentage or fee if they decide to buy the car back from himself (this way it will cost the seller more $ if they do have a shill bidder bid the car up and it's a no sale).

Parnelli and xplodee like this.
  15. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Wow, she is smoking hot. What happens if you can’t get the 82k will you just end up keeping the car? Maybe let a car broker try and sell it so you don’t have to deal with it. Give it to Cats Exotics. I bet they could help you sell it. Very professional stand up guys.

16. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    why sell it shamile?
    keep it
    you know the last ferrari with simple technic you can repair by yourself and not have to go to the dealer paying a lot of money to reset something ;)

Shamile and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  17. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    #3792 BOKE, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    I have been involved in the auction world for cars, bikes, antique arms, and a variety of other collectibles for 35 years.

Auctions are part of "Show Business" at this point. There is a lot more "Show" than "Business" IMHO. Internet and phone bidding has opened shill bidding up to folks sitting in their underwear at home, or in their Mom's basement.:rolleyes:;) The auctions move very fast, and the unsuspecting get caught up in the fast-paced bidding on a lot of occasions.

The numbers are rarely what they appear to be.

ChipG, Shamile, MOSS and 1 other person like this.
  18. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

BOKE likes this.
  19. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    When you do get that Lambo bad boy, be sure and put up pics for us!

Shamile likes this.
  20. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I think Roy is going to help him find his Roadster. Crazy I was checking out your car to be a couple of years ago. Small world.

Zeff and Shamile like this.
  21. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Sorry brah...not interested in your dick pix...I just don't swing that way lol

That said, I have respect for you and all others in the gay and lesbian community.

;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

22. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Those are very valid points. The only reason I'm selling it is that I don't want multiple exotics anymore. I'm just not the collector kinda guy.
    The Testarossa sure is reliable and I can pretty well do everything myself...and I enjoy that. That's what was so frustrating with my Murcielago Roadster....constantly going to the dealership for every single little thing.

I'm mainly selling it because after 16 years with the car, I'm kinda bored. I was thinking of doing the brakes, 512tr rims, change the dash to black, and all the tan leather to white, twin turbo from Norwoods....then I remembered rifledriver's words....if you want to change something from what it is...go buy something else...and that's where I am.

This is definitely a better car for concours as it's more rare. Here in Florida, everyone has a 458 or an Aventador/Hurican...but I need some change.

I'll just patiently continue with the sale and drive it as normal...no rush at all.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

turbo-joe and blkdiablo33 like this.
  23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    now i like where this thread is going

Shamile and MOSS like this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The TR is, and will always be "THE" 80's icon (sorry Contach- hey this is Fchat, what do you expect me to say?) If you own one of these machines, revel in your blessed fortune, if you plan to buy these machines, and you're fretting about 20-30K, trust me vintage Ferrari ownership is not for you. If you hate the car and are here to troll, you already lost.

Shamile, Zeff and MOSS like this.
  25. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Yes, it is without a doubt the flagship that in my opinion really put Ferrari on the map. Just about anyone recognizes what it is.

Shamile, blkdiablo33 and paulchua like this.