NFL 2020 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NFL 2020

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Whisky, Jan 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    He sold that house years ago to Dr. Dre. He never even moved into it.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Who the heck is Joe Judge?:rolleyes:

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  3. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    #28 Surfah, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Yeah this is not doing anything:rolleyes:

I suspect Trevor Lawrence will be a successful NFL QB if he's drafted into the right situation.

Good call. Don't throw Burrow to the lions while 300 lb defensive ends are trying to pancake him

Definitive risk with 2 high ankle sprains and posterior wall fracture but many in the know consider him a generational talent at QB with charismatic leadership. Maybe the Fins go with Herbert, he was balling out in the Rose Bowl.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  4. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Now that you mention it, I seem to recall something like that...
    I bet Tb has another one, somewhere else out there.

Almost any QB drafted will do well - if put in the right position/team.

And, I kinda worry Miami will screw up what they have going, Fitz was
    playing great football the last half of the season..

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    And that's just one play. lol

And Watson's quote was great about leaving a note in everyones locker saying "Let's be great today. Someone needed to be great why not me?".

6. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Judge Dredd? ;)

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    He has a mansion in Brookline, MA that he put up for sale a couple months ago. It was listed at $38MM, but I heard they recently dropped the price to $31MM.

I was going to buy it, but he wouldn't include a signed jersey! :D

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Pats special teams coordinator, I think. They've consistently been one of the better ST units for a long time. I'd rather see new blood than some retread...T

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You need that crib, Paul. Probably has more than enough room for both of your F-cars!
    T

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Are you missing Brock Osweiler yet!!?
    T

Texas Forever and TexasF355F1 like this.
  11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thinking out loud here. Maybe because they are usually drafted by crap teams, coaches fighting for their job, and /or have to deal with multiple OCs and systems?
    T

12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Thanks Captin Obvious. And Fitz as a long-term solution for the Fins is untenable. He regresses to the mean as seen in Buffalo and Tampa Bay. They have a 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders, get the franchise QB Tua/Herbert, get Jonathan Taylor the best RB coming out of college by far, WR2, OT and DE.

Watson was a stud in Clemson and has delivered in the NFL already in his young career. I've spoken with Clemson alumni and they all mentioned how humble, down to earth and approachable Watson is hanging out with the undergrads and enjoying his time in college. He plays with the maturity of a veteran QB.

How exciting for us true fans that Watson, Mahommes and Jackson have a decade ahead to impress us with their burgeoning talent and take our breath away with plays like I posted.

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Right, he was also the receivers coach just this year (which is not exactly a feather in his cap).

I hear Screamin' A Smith is all up in arms about it. I may be going out on a limb, but I think this is a Belichick disciple who really has a chance to succeed. It will be real interesting to watch because I also heard Gettleman is picking all his coaches for him.

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    He's never been a head coach, but then neither had Brian Flores, who's looking good so far in Miami. He'll need to realize that the top "Judge" in NYC is a guy named Aaron.

15. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Before Watson started playing like Watson on Saturday, I was agreeing with Sean Pendergast about BoB finding away to take away Watson's ability to be Watson. I'm all in on this guy. And so glad to have the pleasure to have two Hall of Famers on the field of my hometown team. Watt and Watson defy the odds.

I didn't pay much attention to him in college, but when I heard his post-draft interview with 610 I knew he was the definition of what Bob McNair wanted as a Texans player. I think the same exact thing for Justin Reid. He is a truly impressive guy. And as much as I can't stand his brother Eric because of all his Kaep shenanigans, because of what Justin said about how Eric kept him out of being in trouble and made sure he kept his eyes on football, I have to respect Eric. That's exactly what a GOOD brother will do.

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    So 1 guy out of the last 20? Time will tell how he evolves as he get more years under his belt, but my statement still stands that college championship winning QBs usually don't amount to anything in the NFL (especially when going into SB wins or lack thereof). I think Tua will not be an exception to the rule.

17. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #42 Whisky, Jan 7, 2020
    Thanks for the slam.
    I would not touch Tua with a 10 foot pole, I have never seen a guy come out
    of college with the injury history he has and NOT get beat up in the pros,
    and another 'Captain Obvious' comment from me is the Pros are a lot bigger
    and faster than anyone in college as a whole - he's gonna get hammered.

Miami won't get Tua/Herbert AND Taylor, they may not get any of those three.

Miami picks 5th and 18th, ahead of them are Cin, Wash, Det, NYG, so it's a given Cin will take either
    Burrow or Young, Wash - a RB or Young, Det a RB, NYG who knows, a lineman, and then Miami.
    And someone may trade up with one of those four teams, who knows.

18. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #43 Whisky, Jan 7, 2020
    They did the same thing to Cam Newton after he started missing games because he was getting hammered.
    He doesn't run nearly as much as he did his first two years..... hmmm.... neither did Robert Griffin....

Russell Wilson has lasted, how long will Lamar?

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  19. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    CLE is the only team w/o a head coach.

I thought McCarthy was the perfect fit but he spent the night at JJs house, drank the Kool Aid. Surprised me because McCarthy is a passing coach and DAL is a run heavy team.

Ownership in CLE is a disaster. I will be shocked if they can attract a head coach with NFL head coaching experience, especially one with a winning record. Then again, this is NOT my problem. :)

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    With Watson, I worr about how many sacks he takes/gets. It's crazy they don't beef up the OL to save him a lot of wear and tear.

In an earlier post, I guestimated 4 years for LJ to become a pocket passer before he's injured based on his height/weight and number of rushes compared to other rushing QBs of the past. He's not that big of a guy, closer to RG3 & Steve Young in size, not Cam Newton...T

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think the biggest problem Dallas will have in the upcoming years is working around Zeke's contract, with others having to get paid. RBs have short shelf life in NFL. Heavier workload = shorter career.

Cleveland? Well they're just a cluster flop...T

22. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think everyone is being too confident about Lamar's toughness. It's not if, it's when Lamar gets injured if he keeps taking hits like that.

OL is still a topic, but they've also been missing one of the guys due to injury all season and I can't think of his name.

23. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Have we seen a RB in the last five years~ hold out and then get better?
    Zeke is the only one I can think of, lately.

LeVeon Bell, Chris Johnson, funny how I can't remember others: forgettable?

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sure. But what was the excuse last year? He was sacked even more in the previous season, no?
    T

25. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The OL has always been a topic as long as I can remember. Even when Duane Brown was here it was always a discussion, which is funny because he was like the saving grace when he was here. Which is complete nonsense. But don't tell the talking heads that.

The difference with deshaun this year is he does seem to try to take hits better. He slid a whole lot more this year thankfully.