What did you do to your Mondial today? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

What did you do to your Mondial today?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ddenboer, Dec 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matfo

matfo Rookie

Aug 1, 2013
    Sweden
    18” Speedline magnesium from F355 Challenge, see my reply #156 above for dimension details.

2. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Yea that’s what I thought but wasn’t sure if they were replicas or something. Looks amazing!

Drewbdo, moysiuan and matfo like this.
  3. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Spent the week going through the front suspension on my 87 Cab. All 8 control arm bushings and 4 shiny new ball joints. Also pulled the wheel bearings apart on both sides, cleaned all the ancient grease out and applied some new stuff. Probably just my head, but the steering seems a bit more responsive and lighter. The lower ball joints were pretty tired, so maybe this accounts for the change.

Attached Files:

matfo and JLF like this.
  4. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    WilyB, Freerange72, Roward7 and 4 others like this.
  5. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I know the Post Office has a bad reputation about slow service, but judging by the box, it looks like it took 30 years to deliver your radio! o_O:D lol

matfo and JLF like this.
  6. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Fixed my Slooooooooooooow paseenger window. Could hardly tell it was moving at all. Now its up in 5 seconds. Motor was drawing 15 amps trying to move it. The tool Martin308GTB makes worked perfectly to keep the cable on the spool.
    Now which of the other dozens of problems should I work on next: heater core cleaning, radiator leak, front shocks, HVAC, oil cooler hose, etc etc
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

MvT, djs308 and Drewbdo like this.
  7. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Well you guys should start working on your Mondials, I can't do it all.
    I replaced the Cats with some resonators as the car is going to be strictly a race car :rolleyes:
    So I took it out for a spin today hoping I'd no longer hear the wind noise from the mirrors or the rattle from the sunroof but I don't think its any louder, is that possible? It has some sort of stainless muffler on it so its not the stock box muffler.
    The other thing I noticed is now that the passenger window has been repaired, the drivers side which use to seem fast is now dead slow. So I guess I have to get that 36 year old epoxy grease out of the drivers side motor too.

8. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    If that window worked better before you should check control the window guides first...out of line by some millimeters are enough to make them slow.Also the horizontal position should be checked.
    Guido

9. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    85MondialQV, jjason981, WilyB and 7 others like this.
  10. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #185 BillyD, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    My 83QV came to me from sunny and warm San Diego. First thing it did when arriving to the Northwest was drip coolant all over my garage. Either the vibrations on I5 for a 1000 miles in an enclosed trailer loosened most worm clamps holding in the coolant or the change from 80 degrees to 30 made everything shrink. Anyway I have solved that problem and started chasing a minor oil leak. Finally found an oil soaked hose under the rear distributor which I'm now trying to source. Its looking like buying the breather kit from SuperformanceUK is the cheapest way to get some 22mm Oil rated hose or I could buy a 50 foot roll from NAPA but seems like I'd be storing approx. 49.5 ft for years to come. While working on this little problem I may have solved a few others, I found the vacuum lines to the Ignition boxes and the HVAC controller both off. Hmmmm how and when could that have happened?

11. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Cam shaft seal also is leaking.....
    Guido

12. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey you point it out, you replace it!
    :) I know you do good work with fuse boards so a little seal should be easy. Stop by on your way back to the continent. :D

13. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Billy, just remove the 3 bolts on that picture and that round plate with seal come of.No need for me to stop by....you can do this, easely. I strugled several times to stop that seal leak. The final touch whas sanding the shaft with very fine sandpaper before putting a new seal. That maked it work.o_O
    Guido

14. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Great photo!

paulchua likes this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Beautiful, amazing shot!!

ronfrohock and AndruL like this.
  16. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    FerrariJB, Jeka, MvT and 4 others like this.
  17. FerrariJB

FerrariJB Karting

Jun 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    FerrariJB
    4 new Michelin TRX 240/55 VR 390 for my Mondial QV 1983. DOT code 39/19. New rubber. The old, hardened tyres are from 1989. It must be a great differance on the road. I have to wait till march because of the road taxes rules in the Netherlands with old vehicles. I can’t waith...

Jeka likes this.
  18. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009

Attached Files:

2cam, Allen S. and FerrariJB like this.
  19. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
  20. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Wish I could do this type of stuff during the off season. My car has to be stored away. Looks great!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
  22. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    #198 JLF, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Pour some rice and windex inside then slosh them around, the rice will scrub the inside. Buffed the outside with my Griots small 3 inch orbital and some McGuire’s #3 cleaner/polish and black finishing pad. HUGE difference from before.
    Got the rear bumper polished last night as well. Now just have to do the rest of the car.

23. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  24. FerrariJB

FerrariJB Karting

Jun 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    FerrariJB
    JLF likes this.