Looking for new ideas, hat are your favorite meal preps? | FerrariChat

Looking for new ideas, hat are your favorite meal preps?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by F355 Fan 82, Dec 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Im looking for some new ideas esp for breakfast if you have any, wife and I usually prep for 2-3 days at a time. These are the 3 we like most and basically rotate them.

1) grilled shrimp on a bed of arugula
    2) Honey sriracha ground turkey thigh meatballs(my fav)
    3) chicken thighs on a bed of spinach

I know the thighs have more fat but they taste so much better than breasts and we're eating small portions 6 oz or so. We're both very fit, so this isn't weight loss just trying to eat well and not junk thats all. For breakfast, we basically cook eggs with mushrooms/asparagus/onions every morning and then have our 1 snack which is just some berries,granola,almonds,walnuts.

Just looking for new good stuff to mix it up meals or snacks.

Thanks

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That is very healthy.. keto I take it?
    I make a big Tupperware tub of chicken Caesar salad with kale instead of Romain.

3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I don't prep it but I make a great soy oatmeal a lot of mornings.

1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Rolled Hot Cereal
    2/3 cup vanilla soy milk (I usually use Silk)
    5 almonds
    1/8 cup dried cherries
    pinch salt
    several sprinkles of cinnamon powder

Combine all in a pot over high heat, reduce to simmer when it boils. Serve when ready.

238 calories.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  5. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My fiance and I are health nuts, and we've been doing smoothies for about 8 years each - well before we ever met. She's a huge fan of Kelly LeVeque who prescribes a simple smoothie called the Fab Four. I've been doing that for about 4 years now and haven't put an ounce of thought into breakfast ever since. I typically get to the gym at 5:30 (AM) and workout pretty intensely. Smoothie at 7:45 and I'm satiated well past 12:00.

Not sure if that appeals to you, but it's outrageously easy, replicable, and probably the best thing you can put into your body each morning.

-Joe

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Interesting. Any among these you recommend?
    https://kellyleveque.com/recipes/fab-four-smoothie

The wife & I have a smoothie about every other morning. Typically, 2 cups of plain greek or low carb yogurt, a half tsp of matcha, 1 scoop of protein powder, whatever fruit we have lying around (typically banana, berries or OJ), enough water to get the consistency right. A cup of yogurt w/ some low carb granola, a smoothie and I can usually get to early/mid PM without being too ravenous...T

7. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    1/2 lb of bacon and 4 eggs fried in butter?

8. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ms. Qksilver is constantly trying something new from Kelly's list (she's on the Spa Smoothie currently), but I'm on autopilot with mine, the Be Well:

I eyeball the amounts now that I've done it so much, but generally:
    1 cup of Califia Farms unsweetened almond milk
    2 scoops of Naked Whey Protein (you really need 20-25 grams here)
    ~2 tbsp ground flax
    unlimited kale or spinach
    ~1 tbsp nut butter (or coconut oil, but I limit that since it's v high in saturated fat but it's effective)
    1/2 banana or avocado (whatever is in the house)

-Joe

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    One of my early science mentors said he and his brothers ate this every dang day for breakfast. And, he and his brothers would fight over who got to dunk their bread in the bacon grease. Last I saw him, he was in his mid 80s and still sharp. So, that may be the true breakfast of champions!
    T

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thank you!! Looks great. I have high cholesterol (it's the one thing I inherited from my folks!), so I'll need to check the various nut butter options...T

Qksilver likes this.
  11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Kinky!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc and Qksilver like this.
  12. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'm like a bible salesman with these smoothies. Got my dad on them and his LDLs declined beyond anybody's expectations, attributed to the smoothies.

Perhaps a plant-based protein would help on that front as well.

I actually enjoy the taste, although from the moment I pull the vitamix out to smoothie made/consumed/cleaned up, it adds up to about a 5 minute event - I drink it in 20 seconds and move on with my morning. So the taste is secondary to the function. Dinner on the other hand...

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Preach it Brother Qksilver!

Since you mentioned dinner, suggestions there?
    T

14. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Meal prep, respect to everyone who can do this, I get tired after day2 :)

I'm in triathlon, usually up to 12h per week. Right now I'm just fat and lazy. Wife is pregnant, too much work and tired and sick and alcohol and junk food.

Anyway,
    I'm a great cook and usually, when in competitive mode I try to mix certain things, like having a slow cooked chilli that brings you over the week

chili con carne:
    2lb lean beef, onions, 2 cans of san marzano tomato cans, 4 tb cumin, 2 tb sambal oelek, 3 chunked sweet potatoes, salt pepper, 1 small can corn, 3 pc of chili in adobo, 2 cans of beans, 1 pinch of cinnamon and 2tb oregano (ideally the good stuff not the powder)
    on 8h over night.
    in the morning a cup of quinoa! and thats it.
    quinoa thickens everything and dont really need to cook.

Thats like meal prepping for starters

I do love tortilla espanola
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/147109/tortilla-espanola-spanish-tortilla/
    Thats like the go to thing to meal prep

but also easy one
    red skin potatoes, scrambled egg and a fresh cucumber salad (cucumbers with sea-salt, drain, than scallions and some milk and gucamole seasoning)

other than that
    Matt Fitzgeralds, Racing weight is made for dummies (and goes well for meal prep's)
    https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/racing-weight-how-to-get-lean-for-peak-performance_matt-fitzgerald/264222/item/731200/?mkwid=%7cdc&pcrid=395858937532&pkw=&pmt=&slid=&plc=&pgrid=81763305494&ptaid=pla-439650352554&gclid=Cj0KCQiApt_xBRDxARIsAAMUMu-28EjueWo5i_vcw4GCkMK3U9JkyQHavFW3_FRwPqKklUY6ebOFuJYaAiXBEALw_wcB#isbn=1934030511&idiq=731200

Breakfast noodle soup:
    preparing the broth
    3pds beef bones (or 1 chicken) in instant pot for 45min with splash of fish sauce, 2tb pepper
    thats enough for a week. If you do that with the chicken, you can safe the meat later for your pho ga or chicken soup.
    also good for canning the broth

Than, every morning:
    take a small pot (volume of a bowl) with broth and heat it up. meanwhile take a pack of noodles (ideally whole weat ramen from wholefood) throw it in with some chopped oyster mushroom, fresh onion, scallions, beef, whatever you find in the fridge and you like. 1 tb chilli paste or XO paste from Asia store.
    Ready is your breakfast noodle soup.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nothing is better after a cold morning run!
    This, in combination with good coffee - live is good!

alternatively,
    multigrain bagel with smoked (sockey) salmon and poached eggs

Image Unavailable, Please Login