Ecu failure visit dealer | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ecu failure visit dealer

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by freddie royal, Nov 8, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freddie royal

freddie royal Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Full Name:
    freddie royal
    ok thanks i'm new so I should have posted my vehicle but thanks for the help. I'll keep everyone posted

2. freddie royal

freddie royal Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Full Name:
    freddie royal
    Ok newest update. The exhaust manifold came in and when the mechanic went to install them he saw a valve cover gasket leak also on the same side. So waiting on gasket them I will update.

3. freddie royal

freddie royal Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Full Name:
    freddie royal
    Ok new update. Installed the exhaust manifolds on both sides. Still same problem. Any ideas on what to try next. Any suggestions would help.

4. gsholz

gsholz Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2006
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #29 gsholz, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Since the failure is repeatable, it is just a matter of looking at all the data when it happens. I'd have them hook up a scan tool or scope and log all pertinent information (fuel pressure, fuel trims, air/fuel ratios, O2 sensor values, injector pulse, coil pulse, etc). Compare it to known good values from another cylinder. The ECM is seeing something it does not expect. You/your tech can look at all the same inputs in real-time.

It is an interesting clue that is always happens at the very same RPM (5998). Given that it is unlikely fuel or air related. It is more likely something electrical/digital/firmware related. I'd investigate ECU, crank and cam sensors etc.

5. RBL

RBL Rookie

Mar 22, 2019
    You have to replace injector 8. Best thing is to replace all of them to have a smoth runing engine as it was new.

Sent from my SM-A510F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    are you sure its' not your manifold flaps?

7. freddie royal

freddie royal Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Full Name:
    freddie royal
    Ok new update. Installed new exhaust manifold, and fixed valve cover gasket still same problem. Cylinder 8 misfire. Installing new injectors on tomorrow.

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Diagnosis by parts replacement

9. freddie royal

freddie royal Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Full Name:
    freddie royal
    I have new plugs, new coil packs, new exhaust manifolds, new valve cover gaskets. Still ecu failure visit dealer misfire cylinder 8

10. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    What dealer did you take it to? Ferrari of Washington?

11. freddie royal

freddie royal Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Full Name:
    freddie royal
    Yes correct Ferrari of Washington. Also the dealer swap ECU's but the code stays at cylinder 8

12. freddie royal

freddie royal Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Full Name:
    freddie royal
    Ok new update. Just replace the injector rail. Yeyyyyyyyyyyyy its fixed. Thank everyone for all your help. The car drives amazing, smoother idle and a lot more power also. Thank everyone.

13. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I am curious, what was the cost of parts and service before the diagnosis of the faulty fuel rail.

I know this is a stupid question, but did Ferrari of Washington write down the cost of the fuel rail repair for all the other things that did not address the issue?

14. freddie royal

freddie royal Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Full Name:
    freddie royal
    Ferrari of Washington didn't find the faulty fuel rail. The cost was around 5000 for repairs

15. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim

Did the dealer replace plugs, coil packs, exhaust manifolds, and valve cover gaskets? It would appear you did well for $5,000.

16. freddie royal

freddie royal Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Full Name:
    freddie royal
    No 5000.00 before the fuel injector rails. 8500 total. Also ferrari of Washington diagnosed the problems and my local mechanic did all repairs .

17. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Freddie, I live near Richmond and I have trouble finding a good indy with appropriate Ferrari knowledge. I'd like to ask who's your "local mechanic", if you don't mind.

18. freddie royal

freddie royal Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Full Name:
    freddie royal
    Sure no problem. Its two brothers that own the shop and they work on my buddies Ferrari 430 also. HIs name is Issa and his phone number is 804-231-7097.
    Just let him know that Freddie referred you.