Ferrari ROMA | Page 77 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Many opinions - here's mine: the Roma is a beautiful design...beautiful as in how much I like the design of e.g. an AMG-GT and modern 911. Yes it looks like an Aston Martin...very much so. Until recently I was not a Ferrari owner...was interested... however decided not opt to order a Roma. Do not consider it special enough to either swap it for one of my other cars. And adding a Ferrari should be something rather special...and not a mild upgrade.

I believe the Roma is there to attract new buyers to the brand, on top of Ferrari enthousiast who will buy whatever Ferrari launches. People who have done well and want to upgrade from their every day sports cars... the Roma offers a beautiful upgrade with mild premium over a 911 for example.

As for Ferrari... I guess the positioning gets more blurry and less exclusive...it will be very successful no doubt, all aimed at selling more cars and milking the brand...and stretch it as far as they can.

For me...I grew up with the Enzo legacy (combined with Pinninfarina)...F40 was a postercar. So my money went into the best F12 I could find...I will keep for years to come as it reminds me on what Ferrari means for me.

That said...I have never seen so many great Ferraris being launched as in recent years. Think 488 Pista, 812, Monza.

Bundy, Caeruleus11, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  2. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Happy 2020!
    I am considering sending you a book called "Ferrari for dummies". You'd eventually find out there have been several Mondial models.
    Heard about the 500 Mondial? The 500 Mondial Spyder?
    You probably would discover as well that the 250 GTO was not designed by Pininfarina, but by Giotto Bizzarini.
    You wanna talk about truth, do your homework first.

LARRYH, gsworld2014, 500tr and 2 others like this.
  3. Lightening

Lightening Rookie

Oct 20, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ken Gee
    I understand your point about “positioning becoming blurry”......but as a Lusso owner I have ordered a Roma- as it suits my needs- and fully expect to enjoy the same product quality and the “Ferrari drive “.........as long as that gets delivered I will be happy- without that.....I won’t care about design- as it wouldn’t be a Ferrari!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SVCalifornia likes this.
  4. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Are you replacing the Lusso? Congrats, you will love the new car - no doubt. I guess the variety of cars now being available from Ferrari is also a luxury for us enthousiasts, as there is a car for 'everyone'. And they are all great...I feel we are in a moment in time where its absolutely fantastic to get into or continue into Ferrari's, with so many high quality cars...you can drive them daily!

Senad likes this.
  5. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    A happy 2020 to you too with the best wishes! Of course we mean the Mondial of the 80s/early 90s which is surely not a masterpiece... 250 GTO (the first bodywork was taken by Bizzarrini, a brilliant engineer and test-driver) was finished by Scaglietti as far as I know. But Pininfarina/250 GTO was a mistake in my (fast) enumeration. And we must not forget Sergio Scaglietti who was responsible for so many famous bodyworks for the brand. Well and of course I´ve been hearing about the 500 Mondial/Spyder... For me the general and always interesting question is: WHO is responsible for a Design? For example: Is the 365 GTB/4 (one of my favorites) a work of Pininfarina or a work of Leonardo Fioravanti? He was employed by Pininfarina like Giotto Bizzarrini was employed by Ferrari. Or is design in general always teamwork... and also made by people which nobody of us knows? What do we really know...?
    By the way... have you ever heard about the dispute between Federico Gilberti and Enzos wife Laura? After this dispute (during the 250 GTO development) Bizzarrini and others left Ferrari... interesting that the 250 GTO was such a big success for Ferrari. Well, and to show you that I really like Pininfarina here is a picture of one of my old books... Peace?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi and of2worlds like this.
  6. YAHABO

YAHABO Rookie

Feb 16, 2016
    This thread has become complete BS. unsubscribed.

7. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I didn’t know the unsubscribe option had a required dramatic closing remark section.

soon test drives will start rolling in and there’ll be new threads.

Gh21631, Lesia44 and Senad like this.
  8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Nice post, would you consider an Aston?

Sent from my 16M

9. Reynier de Pundert

Dec 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    LaZZ1986
    I dislike their interiors but otherwise yes (DB11, don’t like the new Vantage).

plastique999 and Astrid.Didier like this.
  10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Agree, though I do like the leather interior patterns and smell of the Aston’s very much, but the tech is simple and antiquated.
    I also do not like the new Vantage at all.
    DB11 or Vanquish (which is what I picked up) are beautiful designs, as are the DBS even. From a price point these are nice at low $100k’s.
    It will be interesting to see how the ROMA interiors look and feel, hopefully luxurious and plush.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

11. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
  12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound

The SF90 built the coffin first, shaped as a Valhalla. Shame cause I really like Aston

Pis7a2020 likes this.
  13. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    One of the big problems of Aston is that they haven´t developed their own engines. We read the names Ford, Cosworth and AMG. This could be a problem for a real sportscar identity... and the technique of the cars is a bit antiquated too. Nevertheless the brand has produced beautiful cars.

Thelovelyrock18 and jpalmito like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I crossed shopped the AM's, specifically the DBS, DB11 and the Superleggera models as well as the Merc GTC/GTR but the F12 is by far IMO the better option. I doubt that I would go Roma if it is was available over the F12. The F12 doesn't look like anything else out there and it has a V12. The tech in the other models is much better than the Ferrari (even the AM) but the overall package of the F12 and current price point is hard to beat. The Roma is a beautiful design and will be a hit but it will be another high production Ferrari that will be sitting in the back lots at dealerships.

Pis7a2020 and plastique999 like this.
  15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I guess you mean gizmos, not automotive technology.

Makuono, lucasines and jpalmito like this.
  16. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Agree with most of this... funny I picked up an AMG GTS for my wife as well, fun car.
    The F12is such a a solid car and I actually love the 599 as well, but I did need 2 small back seats to lug my small
    kids around on occasion (they are still small enough to sit in the tiny back seats. There was also the price point with the F12 over 200k where as Vanquish and DB11 can be in the low to mid 100k’s.
    I presume the Roma is a 4 seater?
    Are there any interior photos?

Sent from my 16M

17. ARAUJO77

ARAUJO77 Rookie

Sep 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Héctor Araujo
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

vcappp and plastique999 like this.
  18. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Agree with this, as my kids fit too. My only other consideration is new vs old. One you can order exactly what you want, the other, you’re sifting through older cars To find color combos and options you want that could also have latent issues.

19. Andrew97

Andrew97 Rookie

Sep 14, 2016
    Somebody can share the "product note"? Thanks.
    Ciao.

20. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Thank you, the rear seats look just as small as the Aston’s rear seats. In other words, adults will not be comfortable, but an average child below age 10 may fit and not fuss too much, depending on their personality.

Yes, if one has the means to order new and fears not the depreciation, then it would be special to order a new Roma. In my mind, I have made the mistake of purchasing new (a new V12VS and also learned from a new Huracan Performante), of which I vowed from then forth never to order new, as my tolerance for new car depreciations wore thin.
    I’m ok catching V12 GT’s after some depreciation, usually able to find a beautifully spec’d car but does take some patience. I like the sweet spot of 3-5 yr old, low miles, with warranty.

Are there any pics of the interior dash?

Sent from my 16M

Bundy likes this.
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I paid a bit over 50% of the original MSRP for my F12 w/3k miles and 2 years of warranty. Seems like a no brainer being used in this case.

vcappp likes this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yep. Ferrari is a laggard here but seems to be getting better of late. My Pista doesn't have a radio nor do I want one in it but it would be nice to have better tech in the GT cars.

23. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Just got the prelim build spec from the dealer configurator. Plan to use as a daily so keeping as simple as possible and more towards the elegant side consistent with its design and GT nature.

Grigio Titanio Met with Tortora interior and Grigio Chairo interior details (piping and stitching). No CF this time as I like the silver details with this color combo and my Pista has plenty.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elmadi, furoni, stavura and 7 others like this.
  24. Lightening

Lightening Rookie

Oct 20, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ken Gee
    I am retaining the incomparable Lusso unless the Roma proves to be the everyday car that I am hoping. I have memories of the old rounded Jaguar XK8 that I loved. I hope the Roma will be a Ferrari quality equivalent...........key for me is that it needs to be practical.....the rear seats - that fold down to provide an enlarged boot - seems ideal. Another person in this thread talks of keeping the spec simple and to use the car as everyday .......that is my plan exactly.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

perrinnation likes this.
  25. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    when will ROMA deliveries begin?