To red or not to red | Page 2 | FerrariChat

To red or not to red

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by czlandi, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Dark red metallic for me, try Rosso Marenello, Rosso Fouco, Rosso Berlinetta, or the F1 triple layer reds

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. czlandi

czlandi Karting

Jun 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Thanks for your input. I do love Titanio in real life as it really shows the lines of a car. My current 488 spider is GF and I will certainly consider that route again.

3. czlandi

czlandi Karting

Jun 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I saw Rosso Maranello on a 488 yesterday. It was beautiful but not my first choice.

4. czlandi

czlandi Karting

Jun 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Looks amazing!

tickerhound likes this.
  5. czlandi

czlandi Karting

Jun 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Thanks for sharing!

6. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thank you for the compliment!

7. mgmoore

mgmoore Rookie

Jul 16, 2010
    SoCal
    I took delivery of an 812 in November and when ordering debated a deep red, Rosso Fiorano, which is beautiful but likely unforgiving in attention.
    I chose a blue, Blu Mirabeau, which is beautiful, shows the folds of the body shape, and doesn't attract as much attention (I hope) as a red.
    It is always a personal choice and, well, regardless of color the car is awesome!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

czlandi, JagShergill, Foxmod and 4 others like this.
  8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Grigio ferro all the way. Only get red for the first Ferrari. J/k

IMHO, the body of 812 looks thinner with darker color.

How the launch color of the 812 GTS, which is grigio coburn which I think Ferrari sheepishly calls it as Grigio GTS? It looks great.

9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Always love the painted shields.

10. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    #35 Napoli, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Grigio Ferro all day, every day.

Red is a cliche.

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    There is no emperical right nor wrong- simply what works for you.

For whatever its worth, my observation is first Ferraris often are ordered in red. Because its a Ferrari and red is the Ferrari color. But, as you see more Ferraris, you will see there are so many great colors the factory offers, and historically Ferraris in many colors are important. And your tastes will change.

From a financial stand point you are better off with Ferro. I believe its one of their standard colors, whereas Rosso Anni 70 is a handsome extra charge. When the day comes to sell your beloved car, and that day will come, I think you'll find a wider market with some form of grey/ silver/ black than with red on the 812. Also the resale market won't reward you too much for options. However, you can always find that one buyer who just must have the color and then you might be in luck.

Anyway, my advice is two fold.

Color: If you are sensitive to specs, then go with your heart and Rosso 70th it is; if you will be happy whether its one color or the other, then go with the Grigio Ferro.

Shields: either do painted or nothing- the 812 fender is huge and the painted shields are larger and look so cool, its just an expensive option.

Texas2step and sampelligrino like this.
  12. czlandi

czlandi Karting

Jun 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Thanks for your valuable input!

13. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I have nothing to say. Such spot on advice in this thread. Kudos!

14. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I am clearly biased but GF suits this car perfectly.

15. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Dicecal, bluesea and Thecadster like this.
  16. czlandi

czlandi Karting

Jun 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    love it!

RamsHmb likes this.
  17. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
  18. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Pis7a2020 likes this.
  19. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
  20. Cnoordz

Cnoordz Karting

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    C
    I was always surprised how many cars are available in red on the second hand market.
    Reading this thread I can understand why!

21. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    Red- passion bright and a joy to see

Blue - limitless like ocean and sky and also stability and trustworthy

I researched color meaning before I decided on these two colors

And yes 812 is big and in my electric blue it looks small and sporty indeed however if you want grand and don’t mind extra attention red is super as well

No color is right or wrong! Enjoy sir

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

635CSI and ANOpax like this.
  22. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    There is a way of saying in Italy related Ferrari cars : 5 cents more but red .

Dicecal likes this.
  23. Frozakimi

Frozakimi Rookie

Jul 3, 2016
    Personally I haven’t seen 70th Anniversary red under sunshine, but have seen on Lusso in the same color in a dealer. The color looks absolutely beautiful. As for myself, I’m waiting for my 812 delivery in a few month in Rosso F1 2007. Can’t never go wrong with red.

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I will definitely have to disagree. If you tried to sell two Lusso's, one in RC and the other in GS, there is little doubt as to which one sells first all things being equal. Granted, the 812 is not a GT like a Lusso, but it shares design elements and DNA. I'd be bold and state that like a Lusso, an 812 will be more popular in terms of resale in the more subdued and "elegant" colours.

ScottS and ANOpax like this.
  25. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Wiesbaden, Germany, not far from Frankfurt Airport
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    I would agree absolutely.... however: I own an old 328 GTS in Rosso Corsa, classic and ok....I am the first owner since 1989..l(yes I am "old"...;). Now recently I have both Pista and 812 SF in Rosso Scuderia...and now I had to spec the 812 GTS...My first thought was: NOW it has to be a decent one...:)...So first thought was: Grigio...Silverstone, or the original color(Grigio GTS). I met my dealer for spec...and it was a lousy weather that day...and my dealer pointed through the window and meant: on a day like this your car then will "just be a grey car" like this Audi out there....OK...I thought well...lets look for a "Grigio in Red"...We got to Rosso Fiorano....and I went through a very long process more than half a day...to get to a Fiorano red with Ciocollato/Alcantara inside....but THEN...I saw other "REDS"..like Fuoco...(seen in person), Magma...., Maranello, phantastic pics....and "through the back door"...I got back to wanting a car which looks great...and yes to be honest also "shows"....I got so deep into research that I spent toooo much time...and then after all I found Pista-Pics of Rosso Coburn...which I found breathtaking....and to make a long story short: I orderdd finally the GTS in Rosso Coburn...without ever even having seen a pic of any 812/ or 812 GTS in Coburn... Now I "pray" that I love it.....when it arrives... Interesting... how I got from "now decent/elegant" to..."red again". However I guess that Rosso Coburn can be REALLY Red and elegant at the same time...lets see. I will share emotions on delivery day :rolleyes:

Thecadster likes this.