For Sale - 1989 Black Mondial t Coupe - Hemmings Auctions | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1989 Black Mondial t Coupe - Hemmings Auctions

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by akorna, Nov 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. akorna

akorna Rookie

Jul 7, 2016
    Virginia Beach
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The market for all older, but well maintained Ferraris with low to moderate mileage is up and will likely improve - especially those with manual transmissions, although not at the rate experienced in the past five years. Look for a good one and you'll be fine as far as residual value, but the cost of maintenance and ownership will offset any appreciation. Just look for one to have fun!

rob likes this.
  2. Crossworth

Crossworth Rookie

Jun 10, 2012
    Thank you Rob
    Thank you Akorna

You inputs are greatly appreciated.
    I am not necessarily looking for capital appreciation. I am looking at the experience to fulfill my bucket list to own and fiddle with a Ferrari. A Mondial fits it to a “T “ ( some pun intended ).

Good to know market is at least stable.
    From what I have seen at BaT. First quarter of 2019 price were up but have stabilized by end of 2019.

I plan to drop by Patrick Ottis in Berkeley 1st or 2nd week in Jan 2020. I will be in his neck of the woods.

Wish me luck.

3. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I’m so stunned that a T coupe is still selling in the 30s. This car has to be one of the greatest secrets in the classic car world right now. I wouldn’t trade mine for a new Ferrari fresh off the showroom floor.

Wade and gsfent like this.
  4. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    im a big fan of the mondial coupe and found a greater appreciation for 3.2 when tom yang wrote a blog about his experience doing targa florio in 2013 on worn out tires. so here is my prompt: whats the favorite mondial coupe exterior color:)
    marrone, prugna, nero, rosso corsa.... lets hear from you.

5. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That's a tough question to answer. I had a prugna coupe and am patial to that it is such a classy elegant color but must admit I really like the marrone and I've seen white with the chocolate interior that I like and blue.......

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    The 3.2 Coupe is almost apples to oranges with the t Coupe. While they look the same from a quarter mile away they're quite different otherwise. As such, it's best to track their values independently. They usually have different buyers as well (i.e. market).

7. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Exactly right!! I’m not a wrencher like Wade is but when speaking of the Mondial 3.2 vs the Mondial t you are really talking about two ENTIRELY different cars(!!), esp “under the skin”. Rather than thinking of comparing the 3.2 to the t, even though both are Mondials, it would actually be more appropriate to compare a 3.2 to a 328 and the t to the 348 (such are the differences between the 3.2 and the t).

temple