F8 - What is the best rally for my incoming F8? | FerrariChat

F8 What is the best rally for my incoming F8?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by VHlambo580, Dec 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    My Ferrari family:

I am looking to take my incoming F8 on a rally this summer with my daughter. I have never been on a rally before so want to pick the right one. There are so many out there (Lux, goldrush, cannonball, etc). I am not looking for parties, but great roads, hotels, food, and camaraderie with my fellow enthusiasts. I am 49 so the older side of the rally participants I am sure. My daughter loves cars as much as I do so thought it would be a great bonding experience. It would be great to also go with my fellow Ferrari family as well. Any recommendations would be fantastic. Keep in mind we live in the US/Chicago.

Thanks,

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I live in Florida... f430 spider.: I wanna come too.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    As soon as we find one cole328, you should definitely join!

4. triathgeek

triathgeek Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2010
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Dave, I did my first Ironman at 57, your not old at 49!

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  6. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    I can only hope that my daughter will share the passion like yours! At 18 months its hard to tell (seems to like animals more right now), while my 22 month old son tells me to get a "tour de france blue" car instead of a "triple yellow" one. Lol.

There's a sports car circuit going from cincinnati to chicago (3cs, cincinnati, columbus, chicago i think) somewhere around mothers day, maybe later. It sounds more like what you allude to for the content although is represented by a more general selection of sports cars. I havent done it, but im looking at getting a 458 by spring and planning on making this trip. Could keep you updated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Hi Viper830tt - Yes, please let me know. It sounds great. Lux Rally called me back. They have one in Feb starting in Miami but the dates just don’t work (and F8 not due in until April). Need to keep the miles low on the portofino right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Love it! Very inspiring for for sure, well done!!

9. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Check out corsarally.com

Several American rallies in 2020, plus Europe! I’ll be attending that one as my first Rally, just wish I was taking my car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    Here it is. As I said, not just Ferrari. Hope it's something like what you had in mind. It will be my first so I don't know what to expect beyond what's on there. Might bring my step son depending on schedule and his take on it.

https://www.3crally.com

11. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    That one does look interesting and a good entry. I do like that it ends in Chicago. Thanks for sending this over!

12. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    All - So I convinced my wife and kids to do this event with me! In fact my daughter and I are going to drive from Chicago to the FCA event to Mont-Tremblant and my wife and son will meet us. I will ship the car back home after the event and fly back with the family. If anyone else is going to do this event, we would be happy to form a convoy/rally. Let me know if any other Ferrari family member (in the Midwest) is interested.

Thanks,

Dave

13. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Rich and Jean Taylor have been hosting great rallies for years. Targeted at vintage, but they frequently include exotics of any year. New England 1000, Texas 1000, etc. Fabulous! Luggage all taken care of, chase vehicles with mechanics, spare high end cars if yours has a problem, great hotels, food, camaraderie. Incredible routes.

14. Lovedriving

Lovedriving Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Eric D'Amours
    I happen to be part of the organization of the FCA2020 in Tremblant. Will be fun for sure. Another option to consider the week before is acespaderally.com. We’ve been doing it for quite a few years now.