For Sale - New Rolex Submariner 14060M | FerrariChat

For Sale New Rolex Submariner 14060M

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by 1stiffler, Dec 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1stiffler

1stiffler Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2013
    Rolex Submariner 14060M. Brand new, part of my collection. Purchased this watch from an authorized Rolex dealer in 2009. It is complete with hang tag, certificate, books, inner/outer box and box cover. Any marks you see in the pics are fingerprints or lint. I'm not sure what is the going rate right now in the Rolex world. Offered at $9,500. I'm not interested in any trades or fielding wholesale offers from dealers please.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

junglistluder likes this.
  2. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    What is the service interval? Would this decade-old watch need a service based on time?

3. 1stiffler

1stiffler Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2013
    I used to take my watches to local dealer in Los Angeles/Orange County for maintenance/service. They informed me that if the watch is sitting on a watch winder, the oyster mechanism will keep it running properly so it won't need to do an overhaul of the internal mechanism. I'm currently wearing my Daytona for ten years without missing a beat, no service necessary at this time according to my dealer. It may need a quick polish job for the all the scratches. Please verify with your local Rolex dealer for more info.

4. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    According to Rolex, every five years is recommended with intervals not to exceed 10 years.

albert328gts likes this.
  5. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Have both Submariner's and Daytona's with winders when I am not using them, every 5 years off they go to the Rolex Service Center in Texas. It is what is recommended.

6. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Your dealer has misinformed you.
    A watch service is maintenance on your luxury time piece, like changing the oil on your car.
    The oils in the watch movement degrade and dry out over time. If your watch starts having issues after 5 years without cleaning and oiling the jewels,such as running slow, not winding, stops working, you've likely caused damage to the watch at that point, which, would cost more than a service if you are replacing parts.

FYI you are asking more than a brand new 114060 submariner with the maxi case/dial, ceramic bezel, and updated movement.

Good luck with your sale.

7. 1stiffler

1stiffler Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2013
    #7 1stiffler, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Apparently you are not well informed with current rolex demands. Good luck with finding a new 114060 at msrp. The last time I checked we are still living in the US (some of us), if you don't like what's being offered just move on.

desmomini likes this.
  8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

According to a buddy of mine who is a Rolex certified technician , the oils can be ok 10 years old if the watch is sealed properly. I was wondering the same so I just called him. Yes , the OP is asking over list. Asking and getting will be determined. Best , Kirk.

Gh21631 likes this.
  9. brookliner7

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    #9 brookliner7, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    You're in luck, I do know something about Rolex demands currently!
    I don't mind helping the community here (including you, you mention "I'm not sure what is the going rate right now in the Rolex world.") as I happen to be a watch collector.
    Rolex only recently started using new lubricants that have a service interval of 10 years. That does not apply to the previous models movement such as yours

AD's in the US are NOT selling over MSRP (114060 = $7,500, 116610 = $8,550) + tax.
    The date version is in higher demand and longer wait (typically 2-3 months even with mild a relationship with the dealer) than the regular submariner (usually 1-2 months) Those times are from Ben Bridge which is pretty accessible to most potential buyers.

If a buyer does not want to wait, used modern pieces with the ceramic bezel that don't need a service are selling in the low $9k range on the Rolexforums.

good luck with your sale and happy new year!

warm regards,
    Hans

Attached Files:

10. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    The OP sure does not like facts!!! :cool:

DEPZ, technom3, Rory J and 2 others like this.
  11. 1stiffler

1stiffler Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2013
    You are absolutely correct in regards to asking and getting. I don't have any issue with facts. The fact is if it doesn't sell the sub will go back in the safe. Happy new year everyone. Stay safe.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

daytona355 and Cigarzman like this.
  12. brookliner7

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    If your watch was manufactured before 2015, Rolex recommended 3-year service intervals.

Attached Files:

13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

technom3 likes this.
  14. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name: