Max Verstappen | Page 65 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Max will not really care but the fact that a senior member of Ferrari said this is not good news for any ambitions to move to Ferrari no?

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't know if Max had any ambition to move to Ferrari; he has shown more interest in Mercedes.

DF1 likes this.
  3. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Very sweet and talented woman. Whereas his father is an utter wanker and a purveyor of domestic violence a**h***.

500drvr, Giallo 550 and DF1 like this.
  4. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Indeed. But with examples like Fernando and McLaren, or Kvyat and RB. Even a big No at this moment can become a yes in the future.
    For now I don’t see any place for Verstappen at Ferrari since they have Lec and possibly Ham in the future.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

5. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #1605 Timstudio, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Commenting on somebody you've never met in person, only from observing on TV performing on the highest level of racing with:

- lacking an ounce of class and elegance
    - spoiled
    - dumb and arrogant
    - eurotrash
    - lacking in human dimensions
    - etc etc..

Isn't that a bit arrogant, spoiled, dumb, perhaps lacking any ounce of class and elegance, even human dimensions?

I get the picture, and not saying he isn't all of the above, but I actually don't know. I've never met the guy in private. I guess it's kind of understandable that to achieve the highest level at his age you have some of these. I do have seen numerous interviews on Dutch television with Max and off track he seems a pretty humble, normal but confident kid.

I really really would love to see the comments on him if he ever drove for Ferrari and achieved succes with them. Yeah I know, 'that will never happen because he isn't worthy bla bla' But still, how would the same people comment? 'I hated the guy, but damn, he drives the sh*t out of that crappy (sorry) red car' Would all the haters really persist in hating the kid if he ever by some wonder hooked up with Ferrari?

Isn't it a bit like the girl nobody could get in highschool so everybody just told that see problably was a big arrogant tr@mp while deep in their harts everybody would love to sh*ck the socks of her feet if they ever got the chance which never ever happened because we were all big nerds.

(to be fare: i told this last story once to a friend an he replied with: well, I ended up married to that girl and found out she actually was an arrogant tr*mp. But that isn't helping me to make the point so I put it between brackets)

Flavio_C, Bas and RobertJRB like this.
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Most people don't say Max can't drive, simply that he has no class.

500drvr and Giallo 550 like this.
  7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Exactly. Even if sometimes, but that's not only valid for Max, I wonder if these guys are really so good as we think, because it is clear that with the current cars, they are not often at 100% of their talent.

And I don't care at all if the guy is not in private what he looks to be in public: because I am the public. I am not supposed to excuse him because he MIGHT not be the same guy in private: I have no reason to make the effort to suppose that he might be different, that he might be kind and intelligent. He is who he is, and paid what he is paid, because he is a public figure; so, to us, the one paying the TV fares, or seats as races, his public figure is the only one we know.
    Then, to me, looking at someone giving such a bad image of him, there are only two possibilities: either he is the same guy as what we see, or he is not able to manage his public image; but in both cases, the conclusion is that he is not mature enough.
    Rgds

Giallo 550, DF1 and william like this.
  8. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks for proving my point.

ypsilon likes this.
  9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Nerofer completely disproved your point !
    Verstappen' public figure isn't a pleasant one, but that takes nothing away from his talent.
    Maybe being Dutch and rooting for a compatriot clouds your judgement ?

bmwracer likes this.
  10. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    You clearly missed my point. It wasn't about Verstappen.

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, this thread is about Verstappen !!

12. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Ok, you didn't actually read my post so there is no point in trying to explain it further.

13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

As stated many years ago - Verstappen is the real deal, so is Charles.

There are enough different styles of driver to suit all viewer preferences.

Take your pick :)

14. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Nailed it!

15. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Really William ? is it really ?

I don't think Nerofer and you actually get what:

- lacking an ounce of class and elegance
    - spoiled
    - dumb and arrogant
    - eurotrash
    - lacking in human dimensions

really means ?

Those are strong, strong words. And I mean really, really, strong words. Words a grown up, educated person would probably think twice of using.

Marco Polo likes this.
  16. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    And you still didn't read my post. Because if you did you would have known that i didn't defend Verstappen or said hé wasn't one of those things you accuse him of. I Just made a point about people judging other people. Loose the anger, it makes you look silly.

stavura and Marco Polo like this.
  17. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I have no clue about what "eurotrash" means and so I do not employ that word. As for the rest, I maintain and will not change my appreciations. I know, "opinions are like, etc...": eveyone got one.
    As a grown up person, I am used to think about what I say. About my education, everyone reading here is of course entirely free to think what he wants. I am usually very measured in my appreciations, being an adept of what the french calls "principle of circonspect balancing"; that doesn't mean I end up pleasing everyone, either: I can also call a spade a spade should the need be.
    In the case of the person discussed here, in five years he has given us enough testimony of his lack of jugement and rude manners.
    And I am of the opinion that these two characteristics might very well lead him in a dead-end street for his career, if the Honda engine does not progress significantly.

Rgds

DF1 and william like this.
  18. DF1

Max’ challenge to balance his ambitions vs team and father lol. His last year at Redbull coming? Or will he wait and see the new rules with the team for 2021. It is to ask how patient are you Max lol :)

william likes this.
  19. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It basically just means low-class people from Europe.

20. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  21. DF1

Confidence in Honda to take him to a title it appears!

22. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Didn't really expect this, but with Max locked in at RB, Charles locked in at Ferrari....my guess is Lewis stays at Mercedes. Was looking for one of these top guys to switch teams and mix it up, oh well.

JStone414 and 375+ like this.
  23. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes...Max confirmed until end 2023 at Red Bull. Seems that Christian Horner, when he said that the speculation about the "merry-go-round" at the end of 2002 was "a lot of noise for nothing" ("Beaucoup de bruit pour rien" is the usual french expression) was for once well funded... but perhaps he had some clue already, some inside information, hmmm?

Rgds

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Fixed it for you:)

25. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yep: typed too fast, like often.
    A bit disappointed, I have to say...I hoped that something might move on the driver's market, just for entertainement, but in the end...

Rgds