Porsche vs Ferrari? | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. R3 Motorsports

R3 Motorsports Karting

Sep 24, 2019
    Van Nuys, CA
    #1 R3 Motorsports, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Hello everyone,

Recently there has been a lot of talk about the new Porsche GT2 Clubsport. In our humble opinion, it seems to be very similar in spec to our Ferrari Challenge 488 cars except ironically the Porsche comes with a much higher price tag. Never thought a Ferrari could be considered a great bargain… lol

We are thinking about bringing out one of our Challenge cars and our “stig” at this weekends The Thermal Club Race and giving the Porsche a run for its money. We are pretty sure our horse can outrun theirs :p

What do you guys think?

Thecadster likes this.
  2. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    My guess is the GT2 will be faster in a straight line (GT2RS is almost 700 hp and 0-60 in 2.6 secs!), but the Challenge car will be better on the brakes and corners. GT2 better for the gentleman driver and going fast on straights and the Challenge car for the race craft. I believe I am getting a GT2 early 2020 (street car) but I havent driven it yet. James Sofronas/GMG Racing has and runs the GT2 race cars at Thermal and would be a great source of info.

gowthamn likes this.
  3. R3 Motorsports

R3 Motorsports Karting

Sep 24, 2019
    Van Nuys, CA

That sounds about right, which would make it interesting to see which car would actually be faster around the track, they are both close to 700 HP. We are at Thermal this weekend as well as we have one of our facilities on site. Depending on how everything goes we may end up putting one of our world renowned coaches into one of our 488's to see how it compares to the GT2 Clubsport. Thank you for your input.

4. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
  5. R3 Motorsports

R3 Motorsports Karting

Sep 24, 2019
    Van Nuys, CA
    Over the weekend at Thermal, we did not have the time to put our professional driver in the seat of the 488. However our amateur driver who won first in his class on the first day of racing was not too far from the Porsche's time. It seems like the 488 would be faster head to head with same level of driver, at least around The Thermal Club track. But that is just a speculation, hopefully some time in the future we can put that theory to the test.

6. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I rode with Chris Carol (sp?) at Autoclub in the Fast Toys 458 and 2 of 3 laps was enough for me. Those G forces under braking were brutal. Can’t imagine how good the 488 is. Thanks for update.

7. R3 Motorsports

R3 Motorsports Karting

Sep 24, 2019
    Van Nuys, CA
    Haha, yeah. The G-Forces are very brutal and the 488 is even more so. If you get the opportunity to ride in a 488 you should definitely check it out.

yelcab likes this.
  8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    video of 488c vs gt2cs would be epic! hope you can pull it off. amazing the ferrari with actual race series to race in is less expensive than the 2cs which is really just an hpde toy.