Maserati Khamsin | Page 315 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Roger this car in your post 7834 is indeed 325, two photos of which I posted in post 7842, the current owner, grandson of cameron Millar kindly replied. It has been in the family since the late seventies when it was a couple of years old, he will either send me more info and photos of post them himself. Glad to guess this one correctly in light of my recent wrong guesses:)

3. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hi Marc
    Thank you for the update. Then they are different Alexs, as one of them wrote about 369, but we do still not know what color it is. Pity.

About the lebanese car, I thought you mentioned that it was residing in a belgian collection now.
    Looking forward to your input. I have a couple of US cars in Black/Panna that I cannot identify, that's why.

Best regards
    Roger

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    anunakki, MK1044 and 71Satisfaction like this.
  5. Angus81

Angus81 Karting

Oct 15, 2011
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Angus Young

In this case my list for cars sold to france is incomplete for #88, #140, #154, #158, #168, #184 and #386, any help welcome ;)
    [/QUOTE]

Marc,
    if you have pictures of K # 42, #44, # 222, thanks for sending some to me
    Thanks
    FRED

6. Angus81

Angus81 Karting

Oct 15, 2011
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Angus Young
    The Parts and papers from Thepenier have been Bought by Jacques Z and Paul R
    Jacques Z kept most of mechanical parts and docs ...
    long long time ago

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #7857 Nembo1777, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Hi from Stockholm, don't know Jacques Z...

Sorry yes the workshop owner who passed away

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Marc,
    if you have pictures of K # 42, #44, # 222, thanks for sending some to me
    Thanks
    FRED[/QUOTE]

Hi Fred, traveling without my computer, Sunday will send what I have

9. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello AMLC, beautiful shot but you are van Der off topic;-)

I will have two weeks off during Xmas and will catch up with new content.

Merry Christmas to all Khamsinisti:)

11. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
  12. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello

does anybody know which car this was in the ad below?
    was apparently displayed in the transportation museum in Sinsheim for around 10 years...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    and another one advertised in Germany:

this time they mentioned the VIN, but I have no further info on it !
    see the last one at the bottom, according to the tel-number it must habe been on sale in the region of Kassel

Thanks for any hints

Roger

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    AM120-142 I inspected it for a Belgian client who has found the ad himself. June 2017 near Mantova, had non matching broken engine. New to a CEO and old client of Maserati in Aquila south of Rome. He used it to got to work driving slowly, never opened the trunk. he had a slew of cars and when he passed his daughter sold a few including this.

I arranged for the car to be serviced and the engine to be entirely rebuilt in Italy that year.

That car never set foot in the US completely wrong.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

71Satisfaction likes this.
  15. 33guana

33guana Karting

Dec 12, 2006
  16. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    A lot of money and skill was lavished on it, none of which increased its value. It might be interesting to know the details, backstory, chassis number. Did it start as a total basket case? An American V8 conversion with an automatic..

17. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    At least it doesn’t have Federalized bumpers......!

71Satisfaction likes this.
  18. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    I'm curious.
    Not talking of the sacrificial design or drivetrain, how would these large wheels, lowered stance and aero modify the original Khamsin's handling?

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #7869 Nembo1777, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    This car was modified in Brunei, possibly for Prince Jeffri Bolkiah the brother of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei. It was Jeffri who was the main instigator of the huge, even obscene size of the collection with many specials. A few years ago he was more or less excommunicated, ie the big spending by him was harshly halted. I wonder if this car was not thus redundant.

Of course I am just theorizing but feel this is a possible scenario. Who else is going to go to the trouble of bringing a K to Brunei?!

Even though this is an absurb modification it was done with skill. The car later went to New Zealand before being sent to England. It arrived at DD Classics months ago, I think it was Roger who noticed it. I have been meaning to ask them about it but now that it is officially for same I will contact them today and ask for chassis number. Holidays starting tomorrow so I can catch up here:)!

The photos below: first as the car was when untouched cosmetically but already with US V8 and funny looking Auto gear lever, notice also the wooden dashboard. Then later with modified body but in grey primer or paint then later still in the current livery. Vexing that it has Ferrari rear lights and that the Trident ar rear is from the wrong later era. With a 400hp engine and long ratio 5 speed it would be interesting to take on the Autobahn (sinister laugh:))!
    That makes it two K's with American V8's in them, the other is in Sydney, Australia: AM120-307.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

silvsurf likes this.
  20. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yuk it has a de Tomaso emblem in the steering wheel...what were they smoking...and while the body work is high quality I dislike fakeness and the airvents are all or almost all not opened...

MK1044 likes this.
  21. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Not sure about the V8 though. I think it is rather a downgrade to V6, so 400hp less probable,
    the guy that took the pictures in 2008 said so in his post and here is a picture of the engine minus the cover

22. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Wow yes I did not even look...well I just wrote DD Classics so let's see what info they give me.

23. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    If no information is forthcoming Marc, I can always pay them a visit and poke round. They are only a couple of miles away from me.
    Best wishes to all for an enjoyable festive season and a healthy 2020.

Mark.

24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #7874 Nembo1777, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Very good idea Mark,

They just added a text that is completely basic Khamsin without any word about this car and its peculiarities...not promising. Look forward to what you can find out, chassis number, history and what documents they have about its early life, engine and gearbox type...many thanks.

Happy holidays to you and many enjoyable driving miles in two oh:)

25. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Is it not certain that this car was part of the Sultan's collection? Then maybe it was brought to Brunei by a British engineer working in the oil industry (probably Shell in this case).
    Possible scenario: he started working in Scotland on the North Sea platforms, made some good money, and used that money to buy the Khamsin in the UK. Then he was transferred to Brunei and took the Khamsin with him. Being an engineer he was able (and apparently liked) to modify his car and the result is what we see here today.