Bought a Lusso V12 | FerrariChat

Bought a Lusso V12

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Jas, Dec 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    My wife was suggesting we needed a new family car. I wanted a NA V12 before they're neutered by new regulations.

However the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera I'd had on loan didn't have enough rear seat space, and was turbocharged. And the AMR Rapide was just too dated, and a bit boring.

So I concluded there was only one car that really ticked all the boxes - the best 4 seat family car I could find.
    And with perhaps the best V12 engine around.

I bought a Ferrari GTC4 Lusso :) In my opinion the best 4 seat supercar you can buy today.

I collected the Lusso last weekend and already did 400 miles just over the weekend.

Proper 4 seater, which is why I bought it as our family transport. Extremely luxurious interior for a supercar.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

MDEL, Monopole, PTG1 and 17 others like this.
  2. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    2 questions though please:

1/ Any idea how to set the car's clock please? I've tried the manual but can't find the explanation. It is 1 hour ahead, so a summer time setting issue.

2/ Does anyone happen to know how to delete Bluetooth connections (old devices) in the car pls?

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! The Lusso is amazing, but just watch out for potholes.

I believe the clock is in the left hand display. I think the blue tooth is in the central screen- I think if you hold down a press on the old bluetooth connection it will give you options or one of the hard buttons brings up options- I just forget which one.

Is the color CdF? Its beautiful!

Bundy and Jas like this.
  4. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    beautiful! enjoy

Jas likes this.
  5. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    Beautiful. I just got one as well. I have had it for 2 weeks and other then the manettino failure scar I had ( haven’t seen it again), I love the car. Best car I have ever had. I like it better then the FF I had and F12 I have had. Enjoy and use it in good health!

Jas likes this.
  6. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    There is a YouTube video on setting the clock for the FF. Not sure about Lusso

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and Jas like this.
  7. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Beautiful car... Enjoy in good health

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Jas likes this.
  8. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Great car and agree with your buying decisions, it was what I needed for family reasons. It is likely to be the last four seat V12 (very unlikely the FUV will have one based on presentations) so it will remain a niche and unique proposition for the family Ferrari person. I love mine, really love it. Joe Macari have solid a bunch of them recently so it seems that they have reached a price point people are willing to jump in at.

Stunning colour combo you have , enjoy it. No idea how to set the clock mind !

Jas, Caeruleus11 and deltona like this.
  9. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats! You’ll love it and plenty of room for even adults in the back. Interesting take on the DBS as I’ve toyed with that next....

As above, clock sets via the menu in the left hand display on the dash. Odd, I know....not sure about Bluetooth and doesn’t really matter IMO....

Best of luck with the car, enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jas likes this.
  10. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Thanks all :)

I guess there is a menu option I haven't yet successfully accessed then, and I will have another play with the settings and see if I can to that clock setting in the dash.

I haven't any interest in a Ferrari SUV, no matter what engine it has to be honest. So the Lusso is likely to be my first and last 4 seat Ferrari.

I do like its comfort, and also the interior space. However, it does lack the drama of a DBS Superleggera, and I do wish the engine note had more character when at high RPM and throttle.

The only other negatives so far are the lack of steering feel (common to all ePAS), and the lack of chassis stiffness (which Ferrari won't resolve until they switch to carbon fibre).

Anyway it fully suits what I bought it for :)

Is there a particular concern with potholes and a Lusso?

11. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Mine has Novitec valved rear exhaust boxes. That will sort the drama. Others have fitted capristo too with good results. You might have to consider a mod .

Jas likes this.
  12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes, I find the Lusso front wheels and tires experience more damage than the typical Ferrari. You really have to keep an eye out for them. That doesn't stop me from loving it!

Btw- the Lusso has hydraulic power steering.

Bundy, Jas and uhn2000 like this.
  13. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    Great choice and colors! You will love it! I had the FF prior and its also a great car but the FF is a better family sedan with more room and interior comforts.

Yes be mindful of potholes - For those in the states, buy through Tirerack as they have a standard 2 year road hazard warranty for flats due to potholes, nails, etc.

Jas likes this.
  14. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Thanks, and yes I'm already considering a Novitec. Just concerned about impact on the factory warranty at the moment though.

15. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Thank you, I will take care of potholes :)

I'm very surprised it is hydraulic.... it has so little feel and feedback. Although it is far better than the early Lusso I drove, which had incredibly light steering.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    That was my concern with my wife's Lusso, daily driver in Chicago notorious for horrible road surfaces.
    Not a good idea for a beautiful woman stranded on the side of the road in a Ferrari in this city.
    I put run flat Blizzaks on the standard Lusso wheels and she never had any problem (Winter here is the highest risk of potholes).
    RF tires have much stronger sidewalls and can take a lot of punishment and when damaged, still allow you to continue on your way.

vraa, otakki, Jas and 1 other person like this.
  17. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Just stunning ! Congrats ! How are you with the options ? That color combo is my fav !

Jas likes this.
  18. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Thanks.

Not sure what you mean though about options though? Are you asking which options it has?

19. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    Beautiful. When I first got my Lusso in June I liked practicality but since I swapped my 488 for it I was a little sad. I have made some upgrades including capristo exhaust system and Novitec lowered and now I love it[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

montpellier, vraa, Jas and 1 other person like this.
  20. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    [​IMG]

bluesea likes this.
  21. Elasto

Elasto Karting

Aug 27, 2014
    Vienna, AUSTRIA
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The golden stripe is really nice, but the license plate is awesome :eek:

Maggio23 likes this.
  22. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    Took me forever to find the plate. California won’t issue some of the plates I was looking for . But I am pretty proud of the GTC4 V12 plate. Especially since there is a Lusso T

23. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    Oh the car is Blu Pozzi, looks black in dull light

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Congratulations Jas, looks like an excellent sled for this time of year!

Gr. Martin

Jas likes this.
  25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’m lookin also...