F8 Tributo VS | Page 15 | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo VS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think its a different business case for these cars. Member @of2worlds suggested to me, and I agree that the SF90 is to show one of the ways forward for Ferrari, whereas the F8 is really a car to appeal to the traditionalists.

How many F8 do you think they will make over the next ~3-4 years? My guess is probably 12-15k.

And my guess is they will make something like 2,000 SF90 over the same time. Even if I am wrong on the specific numbers, I think the scale is about right- something like 7x more F8 than SF90.

So, SF90 won't be truly rare like a Speciale A, but it will be rare enough, and I do think they are using price as a way of differentiating their models, with an appropriate difference in production volume.

Thus, I don't think you can go by the typical user commentary. As the SF90 is entirely new, so there's nothing typical about it.

I think you can evaluate the styling as you wish, but lets wait and see how it drives before making a full assessment.

Thecadster, MANDALAY and of2worlds like this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    F8 run is supposed to only be 2 years so probably not too many cars relatively speaking. I bet the SF90 goes for at least 4 years but sales will be limited because lack of interest and cost/value.

As far as the Sf90 being a platform for Ferrari going forward I would agree this is likely the case and I bet they learn a lot from this model but I prefer to not be the guinea pig.

3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I think the run of F8 will more likely be 3 years technically starting from second quarter next year.

Whether LB looks awesome and the whole package is wonderful it will only be a V6 and that the differential to the SF90 with the 4 liter.

What Ferrari has said you want a V8 electric the SF90 is for you and actually might be the last ?

IMO opinion if the F8 sales are what they want there will be an extension of the model run especially if the release of the LB shows lack of interest.

This is where Ferrari would and should have a VS model.

Caeruleus11 and PTG1 like this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Aren't there emission standards coming into place in 2021 that require more hybrids? This is why Porsche, mclaren, Ferrari etc are all going to hybrid. I don't think they can extend the F8 too much longer. Maybe someone more in the know can chime in.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

My take is they will extend it the same way the Pista has.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Obviously petrol only versions are being phased out but the makers can evidently still produce a certain volume (using Porsche as an example) in line with the continual raising of the emissions bar on the proviso they are able to sell a larger percentage of hybrid and electric models, keeping sales of the petrol versions as the smaller percentage of their overall sales.

PTG1, of2worlds and MANDALAY like this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Understood but they also have to sell 812 and Roma and portifino- all Brewer platforms. Whereas the f8 will by then be what 12 years old dating back to the 458. So they have to start phasing our gas models and seems to make sense that f8 would be first to go.

Time will tell.

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yes the F8 will be the first to go and will the last rear V8 non electric. The others will follow :(

I say lucky to all that have been able to buy a new Ferrari when there was no electric. A piece of history.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The EU bureaucracy has won the fight without even firing a bullet. Those EU car companies led by a bunch of sheep simply slaughter their ice engines with barely a whimper... :(

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Who says it will be only 2 years for F8? That's just some guessing. My guess is it will be more like 3-4 years.

I think you could argue the SF90 is a tremendous relative value.

The next generation coming up wants to see hybrid and EV. They are the ones writing the checks.....

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think it's too early to make that call. Ferrari clearly has to produce a percentage of hybrid vehicles but I can't seeing that being the end of a petrol only model like the F8.

I also wouldn't be surprised once they get LB into the market that they start to make another track focused petrol only car as Porsche is still able to do with the Gt3 etc. I mean why wouldn't they?

I also think they quite like the idea that buyers are thinking the F8 is the last of the last - means more sales - and can also see that model having 3 to 4 years in it while they come up with the next.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    This is what I've been told but I guess we will see. It really makes no difference really but I'd be surprised if Ferrari stretches this platform for ~14 years.

13. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    If it is 3 to 4 year production I'm almost certain there will be a F8 VS
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shadowfax likes this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'd say there will more likely be one than not. Ferrari wouldn't engage a marketing research company to find out from Pista owners - in specific detail - how they would personally see Pista improved if they don't plan on building another one. I didn't come down in the last rain shower.

jim g and PTG1 like this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    ICE is far from dead ,
    It will even make a glorious comeback when all the reality about electric will be there.
    For instance best motorists ( like Ferrari) will find a way to produce very clean new engine( new V12 patent) and they won't go fully hybrid because they perfectly knows all the negative ( weight, complexity etc ..)

Caeruleus11 and Shadowfax like this.
  16. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    ICE is far from dead is right. Many decades at least and most likely in none of our lifetimes. Exxon Mobil, BP, Chevron, Royal Dutch Shell and the rest are one of the most powerful conglomerates on the Planet. They aren't going to rollover and substantially reduce their business/volume for anyone. Be it regulations, Elon, Greta or the Energizer Bunny.

MawxwellPista and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Not according to Ferrari. Enrico Galliera (Chief Marketing & Commercial Officer) stated in an interview recently for a middle east publication that the "all electric" Ferrari is to be introduced after 2023.

18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It s nearly over guys, unfortunatly !
    Still two cars and after the brand will be a simple badge, totally disconnected from his rich history !!!
    LCDM said he prefers the end of Ferrari than full electrics models...I agree

tekaefixe, C50 and MANDALAY like this.
  19. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Two cars being; little brother and 812 VS? Or do you mean others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    i ve no interest for little brother ! it s another story and definitivly not for me !!!

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    How confident are you about this? Not doubting but everyone else has been just speculating.

22. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Interesting perspective, can you talk about the two models you were referring to at all?

23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Sorry, that s all for the moment !
    Drive your cars, keep it and enjoy ! past is so rich than the future has no importance.
    They need new customers, and a strong marketing. For me, no mechanical engine, no Ferrari ! for others, may be it will be a different approach

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So no f8 vs. thank you.

25. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Thank you as always for your insights! I hope their plans change for the better.