Ferrari ROMA | Page 69 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Astrid, post some pictures of your Aston in the English car forum.

lots of threads of people using their cars for fun/road trips; yours are noticeably absent.

if you’re going to type like a teenager, might as well show you’re an actual car enthusiast to those from whom you seek attention. (It’s please, not plz).

do a pros and cons thread of your Aston. Do a road trip thread. Do something. You can keep your identity secret and still participate at that level easily.

odds are you have more fun cars and more $ than I, so this is not a financial success post. I’ve detailed road trips with our lowly mondial and racetrack fun with our Ducatis.

So how about some personal experience with your cars versus what sounds like teenager posting from basement opinion on cars. Explore the other forum sections. Make some connections.

rocketman, Senad and AD211 like this.
  2. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    (Could have also been read as I don’t believe you. Prove me wrong and I’ll apologize first). But to a good end.

rocketman, AD211 and jm2 like this.
  3. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    In this particular rendering the car looks great it reminds me a lot of the Ferrari Daytona from the 70s to me . As a guy that has had a lot of cars over the last many years and a fair number of Ferraris I think this looks like one that I could like as a daily driver... In my world a daily driver needs to be comfortable and have current electronics my current everyday daily drivers are a 2019 911TURBOS and a 2018 Mercedes E63S .. this car could easily replace one of them ... now it would not be the same car I would use to replace a car like the F12 or the Scud for example but a car guy can love more than one car .. I appear to be older than you .. and I think this car will fit in well with my others....

Solid State, RamsHmb, Bundy and 2 others like this.
  4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    why the hate my friend who cares everyone can post what they want and be a secretive as they like....just my opinion

Alexcle and Astrid.Didier like this.
  5. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    of course. just nice to know more clearly whether one is talking to a teenager or not. Some teens come here and are great and some make up stuff. no hate at all. that poster has been very very active in one thread and noticeably absent in connecting with people in any other car-related way. We've all been through enough BS fakes to know. If he really brings a unique perspective then great; we don't have many fashion models who drive Astons here. As I said, I'll be the first to apologize for questioning the veracity of some of the claims. Wouldn't be the first time I got it wrong, and if I am, what a great new expert in a unique field I bet we all could benefit from knowing. I'd rather draw someone out and have him participate than ignore them based on post history.

6. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    All that long message about ME? not even about the ROMA?
    OK, I swear god I tried to ignore the whole strange message, the writer wrote about me like if he/she hates me too much ;), but only one sentence pushed me to reply which is > "whom I seek attention"

You think I'm seeking attention???? , how do know you that?, you know my job?, you know me?, you know how do I look like?, you know my gender? you know my nationality? do you know anything about me?, absolutely not a single info, and you say I'm seeking attention!

I would say the opposite thing, I'm seeking to be 100% invisible.

My whole job/work made me a circle of attention !!!!! , since I was 14 (long time ago) and I'm at that circle of attention not because of anything but being me (myself) working at that field which makes people the circle of all attentions.

You better talk about cars Mr or Mrs Statler, life is beautiful and you don't need to care for some1 like me, I'm here to be just a nobody! probably that too thin stupidly tall NOBODY from the other side of the world, and you don't need to HATE nor LOVE me either!, I'm not here to seek attention, just seeking to be 100% invisible. END OF STORY, no more connections!

7. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    so no personal car content on a car forum. No not one thing about driving at all but lots of (contradictory) posts about looks of a car not released yet.. got it. was hoping you'd engage about driving in other sections of the forum. I'll drop the poking in this thread about the Roma.

AD211 and Senad like this.
  8. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    I agree. and by the way, there is no such a thing called old and young, age is just a number, you can be easily forever young, all the love and respect for your nice words.

9. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    nice deflection, Astrid. are you lying to people about your Aston? won't contribute to the entire forum section devoted to those cars? people just want to share in experiences so surely you can do that too on a car forum...

rocketman, Senad and AD211 like this.
  10. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    This has to be the absolute worst thread ever for a new Ferrari introduction, simply because it is dominated by one individual who chooses to comment on virtually every post, and does so in hyperbolic extremes. I've been on Ferrarichat for over 16 years and seldom post. I do, though, read through its forums on an almost daily basis. I've got a great feel for the community and know (virtually, and only through posts) most of the long term members. This is the most extreme level of nonsense I've ever seen on what should and will be a major thread. I've noticed, also, that the number of posts from established F-Chatters has dropped precipitously since this annoying takeover. I feel they are experiencing what I am when I click on the Ferrari Roma thread: Oh, great...this, again...no serious discussion on the car...or if there is one, it's soon to be quickly squashed by more nonsense. Ridiculous! This behavior needs to be monitored more and handled, quickly and diplomatically.

ChrisDiRe, cpd1, Ferro458 and 21 others like this.
  11. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If I could hit the LIKE button a million times I would. I’m sure others would as well considering I’ve read every post on this thread. Can we delete, ban, and start over?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

manya81, fil, Senad and 1 other person like this.
  12. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    This thread is a f-ing mess right now

manya81, rocketman, stavura and 5 others like this.
  13. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Reminds me of the guy that didn’t believe in owning cars yet had endless opinions about virtually every one of them! Seems like we get one of these every six months or so and then they go away ... wouldn’t be at all surprised to find out that it’s the same person all along, changing personas from time to time. Six months from now Astrid will be gone but some other new user will take his place ... perhaps next time in the V12 forum. Won’t mention names but we’ve all seen this before.

Will never understand how anyone can form such a strong opinion about a car without seeing it in person or driving it. It’s like deciding that you love or hate a song by simply reading the lyrics, without any music or tone or context. Or why you’d care so much about something you dislike that you can’t stop talking about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senad and bertdeboer340 like this.
  14. CavallinoRosso

Oct 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    MS
    The "Blu Roma" one is stunning! I would add the Ferrari's badge on the side and probably the yellow brakes.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  15. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I love all Ferraris, but this one of the most elegant absolutely. Please stop to say this is an Aston Martin. This is a Ferrari. With or without Cavallino.

stavura, perrinnation, Senad and 2 others like this.
  16. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    As I've been saying for weeks: It's a real Ferrari! But is the color of the dark car “Blu Roma“ or perhaps “Grigio Silverstone“? This (dark) car is not the car of the first presentation because it has a dark interior and other wheels. For me it looks more grey...

isot and Astrid.Didier like this.
  17. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    But in this pic the dark color looks like “Blu Roma“. By the way... the car below in “Grigio Titanio“ look gorgeous too! What a back! (Credits to carpassion.com)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, of2worlds, llk and 6 others like this.
  18. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Yes you are right Marcel.

She would look much better without those horrible clothes on :)

19. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    you mean naked? :D