Seeking advice on selling a 2015 F12 Berlinetta | FerrariChat

Seeking advice on selling a 2015 F12 Berlinetta

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Amanda Skenes, Dec 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Amanda Skenes

Amanda Skenes Rookie

Dec 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Amanda Skenes
    #1 Amanda Skenes, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2019
    Hello Ferrari enthusiasts!

My husband and I are looking to sell our 2015 Blk Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. Currently at 6486 miles. We’re located in Los Angeles. It was my husband’s gift to himself for his birthday but it just doesn’t make sense right now for our lifestyle needs so he’s agreed to part with it.

I’ve never sold or tried to sell an exotic car before and I’m getting what I feel are pretty low-ball offers from dealerships (as expected). Wanted to ask some seasoned Ferrari enthusiasts (you!) for some help and advice. Is there already a thread you can point me to?

We didn’t make any modifications when we purchased it – but it came with a radar detector and a ceramic wrap to protect the paint. It’s been recently serviced and has about 3.5 years left of a maintenance package with a recent service.

What price do you think we could realistically expect for it? And what avenues should we pursue to attract private buyers? How long might I expect it to take to sell if I try to sell to a private buyer. According to a dealership, exotic car sales are slow in the winter – so are we better off waiting half a year until Summer? What else am I not thinking of? Help!

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Seems to me you could try posting it on F-Chat in the Ferrari classifieds section:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/advert-posting-guidelines.592040/

You could also look at the sponsor list and pick a dealer or broker (there are others who aren't sponsors)

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/pages/sponsors/

Also there is Ferrari Market Letter

https://www.ferrarimarketletter.com

Also you could try eBay...

I would also take a look at various Ferrari ads here, dealers, and on eBay, other sites, and see what kind of pics look good- which angles, etc.

Sorry to hear you have to sell, good luck with the sale, hope you come back to the Ferrari family some day soon :)

Bundy likes this.
  3. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Amanda, the F12 is a great car and so you should be able to sell it rather more quickly than something like the FF which doesnt have as much market desire. There are dealers in Southern California that will take it on consignment or who will buy it (I can tell you of two but you are going to take a hit). So in part it depends on how fast you have to sell it. Caeruleus11 had some useful suggestions.

As a starting point I might suggest that you talk to Craig at Fast Cars in Redondo Beach. He seems to be a nice guy, well thought of on this site, and I have seen him involved in selling cars and selling his own. He is also a sponsor on this site. So he likely will have some useful suggestions to match your situation.

Craig Calder
    Fast Cars Ltd
    [email protected]

After that, if you want to try sell it to a dealer or consign it I can offer you a few suggestions.

Good luck.

Ron

4. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    By the way, if you’re looking to figure out the price point I have always found the car gurus site useful. There are presently 87 F12s for sale nationwide on their site and so that’ll give you a pretty good idea of the range of asking prices. If you click on the individual links they will also show you how long each has been on the market and that will give you an idea of the sales period. (When you click on the below link change the radius to nationwide to show all 87. For some reason you can’t maintain that when you share a link.)

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Ferrari-F12berlinetta-Irvine-d2135_L2488

5. Scott Lively

Scott Lively Rookie

Apr 17, 2018
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Scott L
    I’ve been looking at F12’s, I’d say a 2015 with 6k miles will go between 220-240 depending upon options and amount of carbon inside.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ScottS likes this.
  6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This is how I read this....

Hi fellas. My husband has an F12. He loves it. Doesn’t want to get rid of it. I want him to sell it. How much is it worth and how do I sell it because if I let him take care of it it will never get sold and he’ll list it for a ridiculous price and say “honey no one wants to buy our car, I don’t know why”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alcav5, Gh21631, kane00 and 7 others like this.
  7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    /thread
    :)

8. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I would agree with that. If you go to the Cargurus site I mentioned and limit it to 2015 cars you will see that there are 23 for sale nationwide and Cargurus suggests the fair market value is in the $240K range. Of course that will vary with options and the need to do a quick sale (if that is required).

9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    As others suggest best course is to list on the Fchat site BUT lots of inventory out there and private sale is harder due to price point etc. Every buyer wants full carbon 400 plus MSRP for 200. I have a well optioned extended warranty 16 F12 5k miles and the dealer offered me 200 k on trade for 812. I passed.

So even at 240K for consignment you’re looking at 220 or so net. The advantage of Ferrari dealer consignment is financing and warranty etc for the new buyer. Sad to say if you net 220 you’ll be lucky even with private sale. Market getting softer with 812 coming down so today’s price may be better than March 2020.

There are guys on here like Mike in the classifieds or Mike Sheehan on Ferrarisonline.com who will sell for you. They are probably about same fees or so. They offer exposure and quick sale. Also Cam at CNC can do the same.

The good news is in LA there are lots of car people with that amount in cash. Most of us resign ourselves to pay the premium and use the dealer. It’s just easier. Buyers market. Could list at 5k under average at cargurus and hope for best.

Sorry to say the F12 is not holding like many of us hoped. Glws. I hope your husband enjoyed it.

Scott

10. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Having just been through a recent sale of my F12 (over 400K msrp). Trade in or dealer price is going to be between 190-215K depending on options. 215-225K for a relatively quick sale, honestly I have not seen many moving on the 230-240K side (2013-2015), your location will help being in LA, but not sure it will move quickly at that higher end of the range. Mine had ~5800 miles (2014) I traded it mid this year (Spring and summer usually fair better on prices). Had nearly every option, including CF engine covers, full CF interior, good color, etc. I got a 205k trade in. Unfortunately they are sitting at many dealers, my F car dealer didn't even offer on it, as they had a few in inventory. And due to out of warranty (not out of service) - the cost on these to repair are high, so many buyers want a great price to get in them it seems. I traded in for something new, so the tax advantage helped in my case.

It is a shame as they are great cars - but do not seem to be moving, and continuing to move downward in price.

Bundy, kane00 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    gabf1 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  12. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Richard is exactly correct. It’s worth what someone is willing to write a check for it and they are dropping. This price segment is very crowded and getting more so by the day with so many cars out there.

13. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I’m in the market for the right car. Can you provide the details on your car?

14. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    FYI, to give you an idea, just watched a 2014 F12 with low miles don't remember exactly how many go through auction and bidding died at $180K , car didn't sell, but i was surprised that at manheim highline sale no one even bid that.

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    This person is never coming back likely a troll.

Alcav5 likes this.
  16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    You mean the op? Not sure if it's a troll yet, but likely a wife who likes to sell her husband's stuff.

17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    If true its ballsy to sell a man's car out from under him. What's next the dog? :eek:

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Wonder why it's not her husband asking the questions...

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I dont think it is a genuine post/request.

dustman likes this.
  20. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    A man pretending to be a women, pretending to be clueless ??

Surfah and Thecadster like this.
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Is there a pronoun for that?

22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Yes there is.