Ferrari Diagnostic Tool for $775 (Launch X431 V Pro) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Diagnostic Tool for $775 (Launch X431 V Pro)

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by nessus-gte, May 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    I probably wasn't clear with my answer...… The Xdiag connects to my CS TCU which uses CFC231 hardware using the 430 gearbox menu. I understand but only off here, not from direct experience, that if you use the 360 menu you get a choice of CFC201 Early of late model on the menu and I'm not sure anyone has managed to connect via those.
    If it connects it cannot enter decimals in the PIS and new clutch position parameter only whole numbers.
    Brake bleed it does indeed but I do mine with a power bleeder.

2. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Got it, thanks.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    If you can only set PIS at 4.0 or 5.0, not too useful.

mike01606 likes this.
  4. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    The positive is it will read and graph a load of data so when I took my gearbox out and changed the release bearing I had a baseline and could also bleed the clutch. I did a job that wasn’t previously possible. Hopefully they will fix the truncation issue in later releases and when they do it will be pretty perfect. If they don’t it’s a fairly minor inconvenience.

5. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, it is a minor inconvenience but it'll have a big impact on the clutch wear and the inability to put the gear into reverse.

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Can't recall now but I thought there was a way to set using other parameters on that tool .. I think mwsteward might know ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

7. skar89

skar89 Rookie

Feb 27, 2012
    Spain
    I have Easydiag2 with x431pro software and a 360 spider.

No access to TCU with any of the three options CF201v1, CF201v2, CF231.
    No ABS function.
    Only ECU, electric roof and airbag can clear dtcs.

WIth Autel 908 i can access to ABS too with bleeding and other functions but not to gearbox, like X431. Seems that in 430 there are more functions but havent tried yet.

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #58 Ingenere, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    I have this unit and can do PIS and brake bleed on my CS. It also bleeds the clutch, self learns, engages gears, aligns, etc. I set the PIS at 5 and it read out at 4.86, which is pretty much perfect.

I just replaced the clutch and I have been having a challenge resetting the wear index with this tool. Has anyone figured out the process?

9. Nick

Nick Formula Junior
    Sponsor Professional Ferrari Technician

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Scianna
    The launch and Autel are hacked old versions of Leonardo and the data is not accurate. I have been told this by many workshops who have been able to evaluate these cheap chinese tools tool next to a Leonardo or a SD3 / DEIS tool. Plus there is no support as they do not know the strategy/ theory of the cars. Below is a video showing a paragraph from our tool in a actual Autel tool. This is located under Key programming in the 458 section. These guys are nothing but a bunch of hackers.

f355spider, taz355 and Dave rocks like this.
  10. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Like all things in life
    You get what you pay for.

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Very true. These hacked machines a good for quick service work. Bit when it comes down to the real nitty gritty..they are completely unreliable.

12. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    #62 gobble, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    I bought a HK delivered version of this tool last week and played with it a bit the last few days. So far I've successfully reset service lights in both a Porsche and Mercedes. The Porsche light had been on for 5 years, I had thought it was dealer reset only. I have an offer out in the 458 forum to ship it to someone if they want to test for the 458 service light reset.

I can put people in touch with the seller if they're interested. Mine came unlocked for all makes of cars and the price was reasonable.

13. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Is it update-able? I got one from someone here on F-Chat and after 1 year it won't update so it doesn't work.

14. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    #64 gobble, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Here's my understanding of all this, and I just traded messages on Skype with the guy I bought mine from.

Someone else on the forum bought one a year or so ago and I wanted the same thing. I was told the tool had been updated though to a version 3 which is what I bought. My dongle is green and the buying/software download process was different.

The guy I bought mine from just told me he can update your old one if he has your dongle's serial number plus the username and password you were given. If you want to talk with him I can give you his Skype name.

I paid for mine on Friday and it arrived by DHL from HK on Monday. So far the service and communication has been great.

15. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    I'd love to try it but if it doesn't work on a 360 I don't have much use for it.

MarioVU1 likes this.
  16. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    If you have a yellow dongle it may be worth sometime .. they are not making them any more

Don't think it is garbage .. it can be worth hundreds of the right serial number

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

17. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006

What are you trying to fix by getting to the actuator bleed screws. While that was a common problem on 360, maserati's and early 430 I have not seen loose screws since before 2008 models.

18. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    Anyone have one they may want to part with? or rent out that may work ok a 458

19. Marie348

Marie348 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Torrez
    I can test and make a video for sure ! but the cost of update is more expansive than saling my actual launch and buy a new one with 2 years update no ?

20. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    Not only that but I don't have enough memory left to download anymore updates.

21. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    I had the same issue. Move it to an SD card and only download what you need. I limit mine to jus what I need and if the need ever arises I'll download what I don't have.

22. AutoNation

AutoNation Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tom
    one of the best diag tools ever !!!
    only 330usd with 1 year updates.

23. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Why does it say "BANNED" next to your name and Silver Subscribed notation at the top of the post?

24. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    anyone used a TEXA?

25. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Looks interesting. But at over 6k I'd rather buy a proven tool like a Leonardo.