458 - 458 Coupe Headliner options | FerrariChat

458 458 Coupe Headliner options

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by darkostoj, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkostoj

darkostoj Rookie

Aug 30, 2016
    Hey guys, my 2010 458 has a sagging headliner and I looked on scuderia and saw there are 3 headliner options for the car.

1. Leather $1500
    2. Leather Diamond Stitch $1000
    3. Alcantera $1500

I have the leather headliner, and I was curious if the diamond stitch would be considered an upgrade? I am surprised its cheaper than the standard leather.

Thanks!

2. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    Weird, I dont have any of those. I have like a silver textured material.

3. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Alcantara here. I’ve always liked the diamond stitch roof, and would consider it an upgrade or “better” than standard leather on the secondary market. Obviously would depend on the buyer. I like the full interiors diamond stitched too. I would only buy a 458 with CF seats, but if I had to pick a 2nd, no doubt the diamond pattern, I like it.

4. darkostoj

darkostoj Rookie

Aug 30, 2016
    I am definitely in the market for the CF seats, they are amazing.

Do you think the diamond stitch would look out of place in an otherwise standard leather interior?

5. Brambleworth

Brambleworth Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2011
    NY
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I changed my stock ugly headliner to alcantara and interior matching Bordeaux leather racing stripes. Looks great both closed and while opening. Went to my dealer’s leather smith and it came out perfectly. Spider interior roof panels pop out so you can use the car while the work is being done. Cost around $800.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

OSUferrari likes this.
  6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Alcantara headliner definitely adds a degree of sportiness to the interior but IMO works best if the rest of the interior is alcantara or in my case lower dash/doors/seats.

Not sure how it would integrate in an all-leather interior.

7. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    I have all leather and cf interior, black alcantara headliner, fits right in, alcantara headliner/leather interior very common amongst performance luxury cars, feels normal to me.

Hmet likes this.