Ferrari 488 aftermarket parking sensors | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 aftermarket parking sensors

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by vdessel, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vdessel

vdessel Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    Hello,

I just bought a 2018 Ferrari 488 GTB, its a really nice car (blue pozzi) but it only has rear parking sensors.
    So, I want to get front parking sensors installed. But my question is; when I buy original Ferrari parking sensors and let them build in, do these new parking sensor correspond and work with the original display? So I can see the correct parking distance graphic, with the existing rear sensors and the new front sensors.

Thanks in advance.

2. aggiestckl

aggiestckl Karting

Jul 15, 2016
    Doylestown, PA
    Why the F would you do that

3. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It can be done as I looked into in on a previous car but, it is prohibitively expensive if you get a Ferrari dealer to do it. The workshop manual says to replace the whole front bumper for a new one that is designed to take the parking sensors, so the cost is: new bumper prepped and painted (you might need to blend into the wings and bonnet if you can't get a great colour match), cost of the parts themselves and installation time and cost of a proxy to tell the car the new sensors are there. Once I looked into it I didn't do it was around £5k and I did not feel like having all that aftermarket paint, not that the factory paint is any good but at least the factory colour match tends to be ok.
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    It’s not a Toyota that they just drill the holes
    It’s a complete bumper change and repainting
    Cheaper to get you passenger to guide you