812 Market Dynamics | Page 29 | FerrariChat

812 Market Dynamics

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 1881, May 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Always love people that think they have been given the authority to define social norms and values and trying to oppress opinions that don't comply when in reality all they are really doing is trying to protect their hurt egos...

I think the restaurant comparison is more alike that people trying to argue that the food in an fancy restaurant is great against all evidence just because they've eaten there a number of times and associate themselves with the restaurant and take any sensible debate around food quality personally and as a argument against them as a person

In any case, I look forward to your posts on @montpellier s thread

2. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Still on here instead of driving your car? You don't seem to follow your own ethos of carefree living...

I hope you're sufficiently grown up to accept that I disagree with your statement that the car is a great buy at this stage/ price point so we can settle this debate and you stop wasting people's time having to read your personal attacks

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I hear you. The core premise is what I find off.

A late model regular production Ferrari will depreciate.

I don't understand what more needs to be known or said.

Caeruleus11 and montpellier like this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Can't have both ways my friend. You post on a PUBLIC forum but take issue with counter opinions from multiple members? This is not '1881chat' last I checked.

As you can see none of your posts have been censored, nor has anyone forced you to limit your discussion. You always have the floor anytime, so nobody is dictating anything.

The root of the negativity I sense is your interest in the financial prospect of the car above all. I was not being facetious, the namesake of this forum loathed some prospective owners for this exact reason.

Care to guess why?

Caeruleus11, KenU and montpellier like this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    He can do both, he can enjoy his car and visit a chat board.

As far as if his calling you a troll a 'personal attack.'

Do you really lack the self awareness to not understand going to the 'enthusiast' forum of anything, and saying value of said thing is only to keep on going down, is not going to make you the most popular guy?

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #706 paulchua, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    @1881 we also have a Business and Investments forum if your interest in these vehicles is primarily the financial analysis of them.

KenU and montpellier like this.
  7. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Can’t recommend 675LT highly enough, fabulous

Thecadster likes this.
  8. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    UK should get better now after events of last night, grab the bargains while they last ;-)

9. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think time wasting and trolling you have perfected. I hope you are grown up enough to accept I disagree with your posts too and am far from settling any debate with a Walter Mitty poster. So what wheels are you putting on your 812 order ?

Themaven, KenU and paulchua like this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think it will depend on the depreciation factor of those various rims.

sammysaber, montpellier and KenU like this.
  11. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    #711 1881, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Will be interesting to see if it will stabilise the market.... If you look at dealers they have not waited for the election outcome to adjust prices, some have revised prices a few days before... We'll realistically only have a view of what we got late Jan from a political perspective... But then there are a number of other factors driving the market outside of politics

12. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
  13. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I would not like to say too much as it formed part of a confidential conversation, but they are discussing various propositions that could help with downside uncertainty.........which they admit seems to have become prevalent in the secondary market. Whether any of those come to fruition only time will tell.

1881 likes this.
  14. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I think first of all someone has to buy a Ferrari because he likes it and he would like to enjoy . So I do . Second it is a car having less depreciations than other brands . That’s it . Talking about how it will be it is like to talk about stock exchange . What it will be , it will be . My 0,02 cents value

ScottS, KenU, Caeruleus11 and 2 others like this.
  15. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
  16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  17. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Cheers and fully understood.... Interesting reference from @Gianfranco341 in the GTS thread .... Seems that they are now starting to guarantee trade in values even one year in advance... Clearly they seem to be doing what they can to support new car sales.... But might be one of the new policies...I always thought that guaranteed trade in values are a no go with Ferrari... Anybody seen it in the past?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Scraggy, I admire your optimism, and you are very good at political/economic analysis from your posts over the years. But I would also say the UK market was walloped well before there was a fleeting prospect of a Trotskyist government (now thankfully banished), and the bargains in the car market are not all going to disappear because the Revolution has been averted. There are many more reasons why fantastic cars are bargains.

But then again, you’ve been right in the past. The part of me that wants to own a 675 or a 812 SOON agrees with you, the part of me that owns a F512M and other old Ferraris disagrees. I guess it’s win-win..but do you really think the car market was that badly hit by the prospect of a Bolshevik government?

MDEL, Caeruleus11 and 1881 like this.
  19. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Scraggy, I admire your optimism, and you are very good at political/economic analysis from your posts over the years. But I would also say the UK market was walloped well before there was a fleeting prospect of a Trotskyist government (now thankfully banished), and the bargains in the car market are not all going to disappear because the Revolution has been averted. There are many more reasons why fantastic cars are bargains.

But then again, you’ve been right in the past. The part of me that wants to own a 675 or a 812 SOON agrees with you, the part of me that owns a F512M and other old Ferraris disagrees. I guess it’s win-win..but do you really think the car market was that badly hit by the prospect of a Bolshevik government?

1881 likes this.
  20. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    High miles for the price? In the UK high mile cars are around $340 ( although that changes by the week) ... Where would you see a high miles car in the US... Below 300?

21. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Hard to say but there is a pretty decent chance that the UK will have a mini boom as fears of impact of Brexit itself get more rational and we have a cohesive Govt. A luxury watch dealer friend of mine in Bond St said Friday was totally different to rest of Q4.

Obviously the macro environment for petrol cars and Ferrari aggressive pricing policy are unchanged. Guess we just reduced the additional negative UK layer.

Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  22. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I have occasionally taken a second hard car to help my dealer at a fixed price eg £25 for 6 months. Not quite the same but fixed.

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and 1881 like this.
  23. montpellier

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, and when that stabilises you will be able to choose the correct wheels for your order.

24. montpellier

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This must delight you. As you can now buy a car and reduce your stress levels and choose the wheels with your order without worrying if the diamond finish will destroy residuals.

paulchua likes this.
  25. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The graphic below represents a simplistic visualization of what's the UK automotive industry. A hard Brexit scenario could have catastrophic consequences on this sector for both the UK and the EU therefore I believe they'll have to reach an agreement for the automotive industry that will keep things more or less as they are today.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.