For Sale - 2018 488 Spider | FerrariChat

For Sale 2018 488 Spider

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Kevin Hunter, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin Hunter

Kevin Hunter Rookie

Dec 26, 2018
    Tampa, Fl
    Full Name:
    Kevin Hunter
    After searching for more than three years I finally pulled the trigger on the car of my dreams in July of this year. I bought a used 2018 488 Spider from Ferrari of San Diego in Grigio Silverstone with black leather Daytona seats with all the right options and carbon (I am the second owner). I had it shipped across the country and it arrived 3 days before I left on our family's summer vacation. I only got to put three miles on her as it was raining on and off for those three days and I certainly didn't want to be the first one to drive her in the rain. I share this with you as while on vacation, I fell down a flight of stairs and and tore my quad completely off my knee and dislocated my shoulder and tore 2 of the four tendons connecting my left shoulder rotator cuff, I had no idea one could get so hurt falling down a few stairs. Unfortunately the first surgery didn't repair the quad and I just had it redone this past week, at best I will be released to possibly drive in another year.

While under my stewardship, I had the car completely paint corrected and the entire front of the car covered in film along with the back quarters and rocker panels. The entire car was then ceramic coated and returned to my garage. This week the car turned a year old and I had Ferrari of Tampa Bay pick up the car and do it first annual service. I share all of this with you as I have come to the conclusion that it just isn't right for the car to just sit for a year and I should turn the stewardship of this amazing car over to someone else that can enjoy this amazing machine. The car currently has just over 6,426 miles on her, while I have read other people talk about sad goodbyes this will certainly be one of them.

It is my hope that a year from now I am in much better health and can once again search for the perfect car. I have more than 50 pictures of the car from Ferrari of San Diego and I am happy to share with any interested party.

Asking price $260K OBO

Options

External colors 068984800
    Internal colors 364018500
    Carpets colors 364900152
    AFS SYSTEM SI
    YELLOW BRAKE CALIPERS
    REAR CD READER
    CARBON FIBRE REAR AIR-DUCTS
    CARBON FIBRE FOG LAMP
    CARBON FIBRE SIDE AIR SPLITTER
    OUTER CARBON-FIBRE B-POST TRIM
    CARBON FIBRE DRIVER ZONE+LEDS
    CARBON FIBRE DASHBOARD INSERTS SI DAYTONA STYLE SEATS SI ELECTRIC SEATS
    HORSE STITCHED ON HEADREST 364100326
    SPORT EXHAUST PIPES
    'SCUDERIA FERRARI' SHIELDS
    PARKING CAMERA
    20" FORGED DARK PAINTED RIMS
    YELLOW REV. COUNTER
    PREMIUM HIFI SYSTEM
    COLOURED STANDARD STITCHING 364100326
    DAYTONA SEAT ALCANTARA STRIPES 364704304
    UPPER PART IN COLORED LEATHER 364018500
    US FUNCTIONAL EQUIPMENT
    VEHICLE PERSONALIZATION PLATE SI MERCATO USA

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Thecadster likes this.
  2. medlaw

medlaw Karting

Apr 13, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mike W
    Very interested. What is the sticker? Call me at 678-358-9837.

3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Perfect spec. Looks awesome inGS. Glws.

Scotts

4. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Highly optioned...no lifter?

5. Kevin Hunter

Kevin Hunter Rookie

Dec 26, 2018
    Tampa, Fl
    Full Name:
    Kevin Hunter
    Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    So sorry about your serious injuries. I simply could not imagine. Best wishes on a speedy recovery. GLWS.

NRLipton likes this.
  7. Kevin Hunter

Kevin Hunter Rookie

Dec 26, 2018
    Tampa, Fl
    Full Name:
    Kevin Hunter
    Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. If anyone is on the fence of when the right time is to buy a Ferrari, learn from my mistake, no time
    like the present!

sampelligrino, Statler and Mikes90ef8 like this.
  8. tcirillo

tcirillo Rookie

Jul 21, 2011
    first, i want to say that my sypathies are very deep with the OP. so sorry for your dilemma. i can empathize, but only on a small scale. (i have owned 5 ferrari's, and currently own a 360 spider). i have had a new 2020 992 on order since july. it comes jan 24. 3 wks ago, i fell and fractured a 5th metatarsul. i'm in a cast. i won't be able to pickup the porsche i've been waiting 7 months for.

i love your car, and would happily buy it, but we live mostly in miami and this is far from a car-friendly environment, thus the porsche.

i wish you all the best for a very speedy recovery!

9. Kevin Hunter

Kevin Hunter Rookie

Dec 26, 2018
    Tampa, Fl
    Full Name:
    Kevin Hunter
    Thank you for the kind words. Let this be a cautionary tail to any of you on the fence about when / if to buy a car. No better time than the present, buy and drive that car, ask that girl out, swing for the fences.

Thank you to all of you for the kind words and encouragement, this truly is a great community.

cgt000 likes this.
  10. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sorry to hear what happened, best wishes on your recovery. I wish I was in the position this is a beautiful car.

11. Kevin Hunter

Kevin Hunter Rookie

Dec 26, 2018
    Tampa, Fl
    Full Name:
    Kevin Hunter
    After numerous conversations and several tire kickers, I have decided to keep my car, a year will go by quickly and my wife and oldest son have offered to take it for a spin while I recover. Thank you all for your encouragement, I can’t wait to be back behind the wheel!

12. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Kevin , we spent alot of time chatting and i want to say - IAM SO HAPPY YOU ARE KEEPING YOUR CAR!!!!!!
    recover quickly and go chase that pavement :) !!!!!!!!
    HAPPY HEALTHY 2020 MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!