ELEMENT Fire Extinguisher: An Introduction | Page 6 | FerrariChat

ELEMENT Fire Extinguisher: An Introduction

Discussion in '308/328' started by Element, Nov 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter Oldole

Peter Oldole Rookie

May 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Peter Oldole
    #126 Peter Oldole, May 7, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2019
    In Austria and Germany you get it from www.fss-pro.at. I have ordered four FSS 100 there and they handled my order & delivery in an utmost nice, quick and professional way. Quite seldom that one finds a really practical new product but this time I succeeded:)!
    Peter

2. lasiuk

lasiuk Rookie

Sep 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brian L
    Hi all, we just discovered this amazing product. It there anyway you guys can PM me the F-chatter couple code. I cannot seem to PM you.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. ahorshack

ahorshack Rookie

Aug 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Alan Horshack
    @Element please send me a discount code. Thanks!

4. 83911SCDrew

83911SCDrew Karting

Oct 21, 2018
    Bernardsville
    Full Name:
    Andrew K
    @Element please send me a discount code as well. Great stuff!

5. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Discount codes sent

6. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Karting

May 28, 2008
    england
    In the UK these are called "fire safety stick" and can be found on amazon

7. RSV4Pilot

RSV4Pilot Rookie

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Scott Little
    @Element please send me a discount code. I simply can't figure out how to PM on here.

Thanks in advance....

8. Christopher Rozof

Aug 29, 2019
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Christopher Rozof
    @Element, a discount code would greatly be appreciated so that I can protect my new (to me) toy. :D

9. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    If I have a USPS Overseas Address (think US Embassy or US Military Installation) is that shipping possible?

If so, may I too have a 'code?'

Also I see no pricing on the 100 model for a single extinguisher for home use.

10. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Discount codes sent out to everyone.

Mark our bond only allows us to ship to North and South America. Although the USPS address is a clever loophole it is not one that we are allowed to use.

100 second extinguishers are only available to institutional clients and they are not available as singles for personal use.

On an automotive note we did have a Porsche customer contact us this week to tell us that his Element extinguisher saved both his car and likely his house as he experienced an engine bay fire in his garage and was able to put it out cleanly and quickly with his Element E50 :)

11. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    I have a question..

I noticed in the video, that the gentleman placed the extinguisher very close to the fire in the pan. What does one do when the fire is in the engine bay, say on a 308 with the rear bonnet closed?
    It is inadvisable to open the rear bonnet due to flare up, and since the Element appears to use a type of powder, is it or would it be effective discharging it through the rear bonnet grill?

With a conventional Halon (not Halotron) or Novec extinguisher the agent can be aimed and is a flood type discharge. In other words it can be "aimed" through the grill work at the fire.

And, finally does it leave a residue?

12. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Element does NOT use a powder, its discharge is a GAS. As such there is NO RESIDUE and NO MESS. This point is in all of our marketing materials and there is plenty more information on our website at www.elementfire.com

As for tackling an engine bay fire, a flood type discharge through the grills is an effective fire fighting technique that avoids the risks of opening the bonnet and flooding the engine compartment with oxygen. That said a hybrid arrangement of fire fighting is best where you flood the engine bay through the grills for 10 second or so (this creates a blanket of containment that dos not allow new oxygen to penetrate the engine bay causing a flare up) and then open the bonnet and direct the jet at any residual flames that may be present. This is not much of an option with a traditional bottle that will spray for 9-11 seconds but with 50-60 seconds of discharge with an Element this becomes very much a viable and effective option.

13. Arthbkins

Arthbkins Rookie

Jul 10, 2018
    Element, may I please have a discount code? Many thanks. I’m new to the 308 game and this seems like a great car saver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz

Thanks for the info!

15. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    I did go to the website and it's pretty impressive. In the comparison chart I noticed that Element was not compared to Halon 1211, 1301 or Halotron. Is there a reason for this? And will Element extinguish a magnesium fire as will halon?

Thanks

16. kcindurj

kcindurj Rookie

Aug 2, 2017
    Centennial, CO
    @Element, thanks for all of your information. I'm definitely looking to purchase a number of your extinguishers as well but don't have enough status to start a conversation directly with you. Any chance of getting a discount code?

As a side note, did you look in to posting sponsoring on the Jeep JL forums at https://www.jlwranglerforums.com? Seems like another perfect target market...

(apologies if it's not cool to mention other forums on this one, just trying to spread the word on this cool product)

17. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    On the subject of Jeeps we were just featured on the latest episode of Two Guys Garage where they outfitted a Jeep for some trail driving. Check out the piece:

Saabguy likes this.
  18. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Santa's sleigh is filling up fast and the deadline to get an order in for Xmas delivery is this Sunday December 15th

As always F-chatters are entitled to a discount so message us for your discount code.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Tvjake2

Tvjake2 Karting

Jun 28, 2017
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom J.
    Please send me a code. Thanks

20. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    I bought these for all my friends and have them in both GT4's and my house & garage!

Element likes this.
  21. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    The gauge on my Halon extinguisher finally went into the red. I'm replacing it with an Element E50.

22. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    And oh yeah, you long-timers will remember the "Charness Harness" (www.mlcpartners.com/raceprep) that I designed back when I was taking the 308QV on the track regularly... and it even became the basis for some commercial products. I've still kept it in the car, so maybe I'll see if it would be a good place if I can adapt it for the Element extinguisher!

23. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Mike,
    I even made some to get myself another on for my "new" Ferrari. I still have them mounted but a element behind the seat!!! Ha
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NoGoSlow likes this.
  24. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Still doing discount codes? Would like to purchase 3 please!

Ruben

25. Tvjake2

Tvjake2 Karting

Jun 28, 2017
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom J.
    Nice design but my wife didn't like crawling over the extinguisher to get in and out.