348 - New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major | Page 12 | FerrariChat

348 New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major

Discussion in '348/355' started by dahveedem, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    This is a weird thread.

1. Got some guy who made a video of all the negative comments that people said about him.....and it's one hell of a list
    2. Then he gets banned for being "that guy"
    3. Then some guy shows up defending him while he is banned....sock puppet?
    4. Sock puppet then throws insults around like he owns the place
    5. Hurt banned guy and his drunk wife make a video about why this place sucks.
    6. Sock puppet comes on here and throws more insults.

WOWZA! Talk about FChat living rent free in some people's heads....holy Moses.

paulchua, steved033 and BOKE like this.
  2. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    The video is funny because the person in it thinks she's hilarious, and clever. I did laugh when she got so drunk she dropped ass at 11:08.

BOKE likes this.
  3. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    It appears Andrew is here now.

Perhaps now's is the chance for Dan to apologize?

Timing is excellent for that.

BOKE likes this.
  4. F1Spider

F1Spider Karting

Jan 8, 2013
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Dearest Andrew,

Thanks for the PSA regarding name calling. Understood. On a more important note, you may want to consider keeping (recent commentary - read above) folks in check also who provide no value commentary which does nothing to promote the Ferrari brand itself, the wonderful Sponsors of this channel and fellow Ferrarichat members helpful input who truly are doing their best to promote the Ferrari brand in the best way they see possible. It is everyone's right to have their own opinion. Sometimes, unsavory, unwarranted, unwanted and trolling opinions need to be kept to themselves and that Sir now makes $.04 for my commentary. Peruse whatever you want Sir and I'll peruse what I want.

Warmest regards,

Stuart

Fred Daniali likes this.
  5. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Stuart,

You're welcome. Our rules are in place to make this a pleasant venue for discussion. Opinions are fine, but should be expressed politely - this applies to everyone contributing to the thread, so I hope the discourse will be more friendly on all sides going forward.

All the best,
    Andrew.

WATSON, G. Pepper and BOKE like this.
  6. F1Spider

F1Spider Karting

Jan 8, 2013
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Wholeheartedly agree. I've known Dan personally for the past three years ever since he got his first Ferrari F430. Both my 360 Spider and I are featured on his channel frequently. Dan is genuine and nothing is ever scripted on his channel. Many times funny things happen when he is not filming and those moments are not recreated for content. Dan is a true Ambassador of the Ferrari brand. His YouTube channel is still in it's infancy stage with only 41k Subs. He is working very hard to show folks you do not need to be scared to turn a wrench on any Ferrari model. In his videos he shows you can work on a 348, 360, F430, 458 and coming soon 355 and Testarossa.

Dan does more to promote the Ferrari brand and FerrariChat's Sponsors than any other FChat member. Putting out negative commentary or negative opinions on Dan or his channel without knowing him personally is doing Dan and his channel a disservice. I would hope those negative opinionated comments get deleted by all FerrariChat moderators and the members who chastise Dan's efforts get a stern warning from all moderators telling them to cease and desist their negative opinionated commentary. Why? We should be lifting up and helping out a fellow FerrariChat member and do the right thing. Praise and appreciate all Dan does to advance the brand and paying sponsors on FerrariChat. Banning Dan however temporary was the wrong thing to do. If anyone needs to apologize it is whatever FerrariChat moderator provided the temporary ban on him anyway.

We can all see through certain members commentary who want to see Dan permanently banned from FerrariChat and who pay court to moderators. Hey, Dan is working to try and hit it big time with YouTube. Leave the man alone. If you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself. Until you provide as a member of FerrariChat ways for all FerrariChat members to benefit i.e. 10% discount code off Ricambi America parts like Dan has done, please keep your negatively motivated opinions to yourself.

Caphill likes this.
  7. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Are you all SERIOUSLY that clueless?

I'm out, there aren't enough facepalms to reply to that.

sjd

ernie, f355spider, BOKE and 1 other person like this.
  8. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    #283 WATSON, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Wowza.

My opinion?

Is this the part where we all say "Thank you Dan?" hahahaha.

Danny's supporters might want to spend some time here and look up all the history, details, DIY options and other information many of us have posted here over the years.

I suspect "Dan" learned an awful lot rummaging around this place.

In fact, I think Dan owes everyone here a HUGE "Thank You"

....and Andrew an apology.

ernie, Rickenbach and BOKE like this.
  9. F1Spider

F1Spider Karting

Jan 8, 2013
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Yes, some of Dan's personal Ambassador of the Ferrari brand accomplishments are:
    1. Posts DIY videos on how to work on your Ferrari on YouTube
    2. Asked Dan from Ricambi America for a discount code in which fellow FChat members can use to purchase Ferrari parts Note: 10% Discount
    3. Volunteers time for children charity rides in his Ferrari www.cc4c.org, www.sunshinekids.org, www.tsbvi.edu

4. Gives out Shell gas cards to strangers with $40 or more money on the gift card
    5. Always lets children sit in his Ferrari to see what it is like to be in a Ferrari
    6. With parents permission he gives Bburago 1/18 Ferrari toy cars out to kids who come up to him appreciating his Ferrari. Note: I do this too, I call it being an Ambassador of the Brand. We all love our Ferrari's and we do not want to see the brand go away like Pontiac Firebird, Plymouth Barracuda, etc. By showing kids you are not a jerk Ferrari owner and are cool to let them see the Ferrari up close, you never know, they too might want to work hard and own a Ferrari too someday.
    7. He created a Ferrari buyers guide for folks to aid them in the purchase of their Ferrari.
    8. He helps work on other folks Ferrari's for FREE to assist in DIY wrenching and in some cases help to obtain Ferrari parts for FREE

9. All of his DIY tips do help to keep cost of ownership down #proven
    10. His additional preventative maintenance work performed help the reliability of all cars he films/works on #proven
    11. DIY videos educate existing owners and helps encourage future owners "Hey, I can do that!" #proven
    12. They did improve the performance of the 348 by advancing the timing #proven
    13. They improved the reputation of the 348 by showing through hard work and how to that owning a vintage 348 IS possible not impossible
    14. Fear of owning a Ferrari has also been proven by the sheer number of people to have reached out to Dan telling Dan HE is the reason they bought a used Ferrari because of his videos on his YouTube channel. Note: This is doubly important because he also advised them to join FCA. As a result last year Dan received a second place award from FCA for his membership drive #FACT

All of these things and more, but yet you chastise Dan. Dan doesn't want it. He doesn't need to labeled: "Still worthy of being a FChat member.'" What is that? What is your motto here? "Don't use harmful titles on your YouTube channel Dan" -- anything short of that we're gonna burn you at the stake? Well, gentlemen, when the stuff hits the fan some guys run and some guys stay. Here's Dan facing the fire; and there's BOKE, steved033 and WATSON hidin' in moderators pocket. And what are you doin'? You're gonna reward BOKE, steved033 and WATSON and destroy Dan.

I'm not a judge or jury. But I can tell you this: Dan won't sell anybody out to buy his future!! And that, my friends, is called integrity! That's called courage! Now that's the stuff FChat members should be made of. Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew. But I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Dan. He's come to the crossroads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle -- that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey without judgement.

You hold Dan's honor, rights and privileges thereto as a revered member in your hands, fellow FChatters. It's a valuable future. Believe me. Don't destroy it! Protect it. Embrace it. It's gonna make ya proud one day -- I promise you.

Caphill and Fred Daniali like this.
  10. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    The fact remains.... you WATCHED IT!!!!!! Tavarish does the same thing... and he did a beautiful job repairing a few Lambos.... have you seen any of his videos? Are you troubled by his content?

F1Spider likes this.
  11. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    hahahahahahahaha.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

steved033, ernie and BOKE like this.
  12. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Daniel at Ricambi has been offering that discount to FChat members since before I joined.....

Why is it such news to you guys????

Just sayin....wild **** man...wild.

13. F1Spider

F1Spider Karting

Jan 8, 2013
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Not everyone is a FChat member or member of FCA. For those not privileged to the code they have NormalGuySupercar related discount code. Ever think of that? Evidently not, that would require thought on your part, huh?

Fred Daniali likes this.
  14. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    Well said F1Spider.

15. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric

Its incredibly annoying that people think we don't know what the purpose of the videos were and it has ZERO to do with how to do anything but avoid buying one while generating income.

Not a single person can look at his videos and use them to help themselves do a service. Its as much "tech help" as modern news, its entertainment masquerading as news. Same is true of his series its entertainment at others expense. Please stop with he's doing everyone a service line of crap.

Your confused, so allow to show you what actual helpful 348 engine service videos designed to help ACTUALLY look like. And look no pre-planned bent valve episodes etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybIP8jxALzM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpzjkHQ6Hno
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE835tFijwk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iah5o5YxQXE

16. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Did I ever think of that? hahaha. OMFG. Nope. Never crossed my mind.

Weird you didn't know. I mean, you have been here since 2013 and never knew there was a discount, despite a sponsor freely sharing it with members? WTF man?

Why this nonsense is allowed to continue is beyond me.
    Not what this section of Fchat is about at all.

Free YouTube sponsorship is cool though......carry on.

BOKE likes this.
  17. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Did you just quote from Al Pacino’s Scent of a Woman? Top movie that.

F1Spider, BOKE and WATSON like this.
  18. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Group HUG! :rolleyes:

F1Spider and BOKE like this.
  19. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    no. I watched a minute long segment of 1 of them. somewhere right in the middle...and decided this wasn't for me, then watching the other comments, I figured I was right. Tried to second chance, I couldn't get past the BS in the titles.

I've seen freddy's vids... he got irritating after a while, not right out of the gate. He was just on the smoking tire podcast.

I watch the Bad Obsession guys (project binky), Petrolicious, Ratarossa, I'm a MotorTrend on demand subscriber for races and some of the build shows.

sjd

BOKE likes this.
  20. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.

=

That's how I found it.

and I'm in the moderators pocket? Really? I'm flattered!!! I'm a somebody now!

sjd

Booker, BOKE and WATSON like this.
  21. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Steve....this is so far off the rails it is time to just let them ride off into the distance.

These guys have all the answers. We are just rubes and we need to sit back and listen. :rolleyes:

BOKE likes this.
  22. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    ...ok.

What did I miss?

Booker, G. Pepper, WATSON and 2 others like this.
  23. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.

sjd

WATSON likes this.
  24. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    POST #300!! IT's mine!

sjd

tomc, BOKE and WATSON like this.
  25. F430_6speed

F430_6speed Rookie

Jun 27, 2012
    Compton / New Orleans
    Wow some of you people are really hurt some one said something negative about a damn 348 and Ferrari as a whole. STOP IT PLEASE