Mondials For Sale | Page 90 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. r-mm

r-mm Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2012
    Oh I agree with all that, I'm just trying to increase my visual literacy and thought the colors were cool, worth discussing.

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    If maintain, the combo does look better. Years ago I was considering this 3.2 and planned a visit, then it disappeared before having the chance.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

In hindsight, it was for the best since the blue leather is difficult to love. I eventually found a black/red 3.2 Coupe instead.

paulchua likes this.
  3. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Aw come on now... o_O

It has the official Ferrari tool kit, so all those issues... they'll buff out. ;)

Should be an easy fix.:confused:

More power to the seller, but based on what I've seen on BaT, classifieds here, and other places, the seller is asking about twice what it's worth. IMO, of course.

Seriously, if the drivetrain is in "fantastic condition" like the visible parts of the car... :eek: YIKES!! This poor horse was ridden hard, and put away wet... leading to rusted body and crooked teef. :rolleyes:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Wade likes this.
  4. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Hold on a second... It has a working light on the bottom of the door(s)?! That's something I didn't know these cars have.

5. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    It helps you stepping out in dark places or at night....(here a nice picture of the Golden. I hope you dont mind Stef)
    Guido

Wade and djs308 like this.
  6. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    "my dad is a TV repairman, he has some tools"..... well you know the rest.

7. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That interior is in dire need of a full replacement, and red leather is the perfect substitute for silver cars. :)

WilyB, Drewbdo and ATSAaron like this.
  8. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I would highly recommend Red Leather.. Just bought a Mercedes last week with Diamond stitch Red Leather.

9. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand

Attached Files:

Nicolas21 and Drewbdo like this.
  10. r-mm

r-mm Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2012
  11. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    It belongs to an FChat member named, ScaleDetail. If I had the money and enclosed parking space, I would be bidding on it!! Based on what I've read, he is the kind of owner I'd like to buy from, taking good care of his cars.

I actually added several photos from the BaT listing to my screen saver. Not yet ready to buy, but these cars are motivators for me! :) lol

paulchua and Texas Forever like this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Beautiful!!!!

Drewbdo likes this.
  13. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That is a beautiful car the current owner bought it from another member on here. Curious to see what it will bring, I think the mileage will keep the value down which is unfortunate as it seems to be a well sorted car and I bet it could go 150 or 200 thousand miles.

Drewbdo likes this.
  14. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

Yes "fantastic" condition for that car is quite a stretch. Yet over the years almost all of us have been aghast by someone elses definition of fantastic, perfect, mint, show, etc condition. I once viewed a Lotus esprit in Miami, the salesman propped up the rear decklid with a broom stick and said "pretty impressive condition right?"

Patek likes this.
  15. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
  16. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
  17. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    They can share notes with Merlin and have birthday parties for these cars.

gsfent and Drewbdo like this.
  18. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  19. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Drewbdo,

I am 99% sure the car you just posted is the one I referenced above in post #1925. Pics of the radio match, as well as the mileage. Last major was done in 2012 IIRC. Now they are asking $31,000. If it just needs a 5K major, might be an ok deal. If it needs a lot more you could be upside down in today's market. It does present well in the photos.

Drewbdo likes this.
  20. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Interesting... They do mention it in the vehicle description, but not in the "official" VIN location. I haven't looked at enough of his listings to notice a pattern of "always", but is there some benefit to not listing VIN in the right spot?

Hmm... if that is the same car, they shipped it from BHCC (California) to SportscarsMiami (Florida). :confused: Based on when I priced moving a car from Vegas to ATL a couple of years ago, probably $1500-$2500.

It may be the same car... The color combo matches, the radio matches, and so do the butt marks on the driver's seat. :D lol Maybe not "butt marks" per se, but the ripples in the leather on the left front of the driver's seat look similar. o_O

[​IMG]

It does look nice in the photos. :cool:

21. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Funny thing to me... A couple of weeks ago, I found an old VHS videotape I had made in 1987 or 1988. I was about 18 or 19, and it was my first Christmas away from my parent's home, so I recorded "Season's Greetings" for them.

Anyway, during the walk-through of my room, I filmed posters of a Countach and a Testarossa. Right below those, I had three 8-1/2x11 advertising sheets I had picked up at the Ferrari dealer. Each page had a front 3/4 view of a red Ferrari, with some of the factory specs listed.

One of three pages was of a Mondial Cabriolet. :)

Jeka and rob like this.
  22. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I love the interior on the T.

Drewbdo and 2cam like this.
  23. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    paulchua, Drewbdo and gsfent like this.
  24. r-mm

r-mm Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2012
    Its cars like that that make me want to daily a Mondial !

25. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Just went live: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-ferrari-mondial-t-coupe-3/

I'll be adding a couple of driving videos tomorrow as the forecast looks to be nice and it's raining today :(