355 headers/manifold | Page 5 | FerrariChat

355 headers/manifold

Discussion in '348/355' started by nunojcmaia, Oct 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Yes. And sexier and better sounding also.

MAD828 likes this.
  2. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    Does anyone offer Inconel for 355 cars new or reman?

3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Sexier and better sounding, perhaps. More exclusive?... certainly not in the U.S.

4. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Well, here's my experience for 1 data point. The 2 local Italian car shows I go to annually, I'm the only 355 that attends, 2 16Ms and a Scud also show up. So 355s are 75% more exclusive, in my experience, than 430 scuds.

And they are better looking and sounding.

And they mostly have gated shifters.

So in general back on topic, you buy your headers of choice and enjoy your 355s. This is what it is. If you can't deal with it, get out (or don't get in in the 1st place).

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #105 ShineKen, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    You must not be aware I also have 95 355 GTB. I'm fully aware of what both a Scud and a 355 with proper exhaust systems sound and look like. You're preaching to the choir man. I'm not going to engage in an absurd debate of which is more exclusive. Your local meet/car show is not production data.

Tubi USA can price their headers at $10k. Doesn't mean anything to me. But don't give us this BS story about U.S distributors being charged a significantly higher price point for 355 headers hence the stated selling price. Wasn't born yesterday.

Anyone here pay $7k for Tubi headers? Believe me when I say I'm no cheapo when it comes to car parts. I pay to play. I'm just not a fool.

6. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    [/QUOTE]

While it's true what I wrote about the 2 annual car shows I attend, I'm just busting chops. So don't take much of what I say/write seriously. I'm well aware of the build counts across models and the performance characteristics between the 355 and 430 scuds.

So, it's all good, I didn't mean to annoy you or anyone else.

I do agree the US distributor prices for Tubi products are absurd - and that's no joke.

7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Pretty sure production numbers for 355 and 430 is about the same.

8. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Wiki shows that 11,273 units were made of the F355.

Forza mag says Ferrari built roughly 15,000 430 Berlinettas and Spiders, around 2,000 Scuderias and another 499 16Ms. So around 17,500 to total 430s.

9. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    So roughly 55% more 430s than 355s.

10. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    With the exception of the group buy you offered at $5500 in 2016.

Challenge and MAD828 like this.
  11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Gentlemen. There are probably 2-3x as many 458's than 355's out there. Should we start paying more for equivalent parts now?

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    An according to Paulk, they suddenly can match Eurospares price?

13. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    That was tubi sales I believe, not tom@tubistylena

Still, not sure how tubi sales could match eurospares price if they are new to the game.

Tom@tubistylena says that's impossible at the price they buy them at.......and they have been selling as we are told 2-3 sets a month for $7350?!:eek:

14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Not sure why there is even a Tubi Sales and Tubi NA if they are both catering to the U.S market. Not sure how Tubi sales can match Eurospares if Tubi Na's "cost" is "higher". Tubi NA would have to be selling to Tubi sales for less than the Eurospares selling price. None of this would be feasible according to their explanation. All that commotion for nuttin'.

15. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well guys I pulled the trigger! Mike Ham (Tubi Sales) has been a delight to deal with and I'm getting more and more excited with each passing day. We can sit here and talk about price all you want but I'm looking for the best deal. I'd rather pay a little more and support an American business- that is important to me. Plus if there are any warranty claims (these aren't cheap no matter how good the deal) I know I'm covered.

Through Mike I am getting it dropped shipped straight from their factory in Maranello; In a separate shipment he has very generously sent along some goodies- a teaser of sorts. Catalogues, t-shirts, hats, and others. Chief among them being stickers where in my intense jubilation of this impending moment I have misplaced, when these pictures were taken. All this for the Eurospares price but a little more in shipping. Well worth it to me. A special thank you to Mike whom sent me duplicates of the goodies for my friend who has been ill. I'm looking forward to receiving the headers! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    In short, you didn’t pay $7k. I’m glad you got a deal.

17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    No need to reveal price, but could you please let us know what you are paying for shipping?

18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    he already mentioned they matched Eurospares’ price.

19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I'm interested in what shipping was because TubistyleNA said to go to FedEx or UPS and see what a 40lbs, 48 x 24 x 12 package cost to ship. I did that, and I also used the same UPS shipping cost estimator to find the shipping cost for the cats I bought which were drop shipped from Germany. There was a big discrepancy. According the UPS to ship the cats from Germany to my home would cost close to $500. The actual cost, reflected on the shipping label, and which I was billed for, was only $75.

So, I'm interesting is the actual shipping cost that Paul had to pay.

20. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi John,

I am not sure if its ok for me to post the price for all that stuff so I'll PM you.

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I meant to say price for headers are pretty much already revealed. Shipping is a different story I guess. They can charge whatever they want as long as you're willing to pay for it.

When it comes to shipping, package size matters. It is more cost effective to ship a pair of headers in separate boxes. Also, telling customers to go to the UPS site estimator is not truthfully accurate. Most companies have accounts that get anywhere from 50-80% off from the quoted general public UPS estimator. If Italy has some sort of EMS service, that should be the least expensive method and shipping headers in separate boxes should meet their package size limits. I ship large boxes of goods worldwide for a living.

22. Tom@TubiStyleNA

May 18, 2010
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Because up until a few weeks ago we were THE exclusive importer and distributor of Tubi exhausts in North America. As you can see by my "join-date" we've been here for quite some time.

"Tubi Sales" is Vivid Racing...and like I said earlier, they are using that name to imply that they are now the only distributor, which is not the case.

23. Tom@TubiStyleNA

May 18, 2010
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That's the retail cost of the shipping. In all honesty, my cost on that would be about $275-$300.

24. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Tubi Italy has responded and says they can produce the headers in Inconel. Price has yet to be determined.

25. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I need new headers as well, located in Europe, mine are smoking from headers when starting the car but the smoke stops after the engine gets up to correct temperature, it could also be the header gaskets, mine is 2.7

Can't you post the video on Youtube? easier for most people to listen....