Historical Auto Group International | FerrariChat

Historical Auto Group International

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by BartonWorkman, Dec 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I'm interested in this Historical Auto Group International (HAGI) which is based out
    of London.

They seem to want to place themselves among the collectible automobile market
    a-la the New York or London Stock Exchanges and report as such.

However, what I don’t see among these monthly reports they generate is how they
    arrive at their figures. When I was a kid, my math teachers always told me to “show
    my work” and they really don’t seem to do this.

So, to base the entire automotive market on what this HAGI outfit reports seems rather
    far-fetched given they don’t include any details on how they arrive at these numbers
    which they display on various unexplained graphs.

Is anyone here familiar with HAGI? What is your opinion on their findings?

Also, if you are familiar with them, who are they and what are their credentials?

http://www.historicautogroup.com/

BHW

Attached Files:

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Well there is really only 2 sources available to base such information on. One is asking price and the other is auction prices. Both interesting and good to follow but hardly are definitive of the overall picture. As for private sales there are all manner of reasons to be suspect of any data from that.

Whatever.

BOKE likes this.
  3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    From feedback per industry experts and the lack thereof in F-Chat, one may only
    conclude that this HAGI is completely baseless and totally without merit.

BHW