Can someone tell me the meaning of this symbol? | FerrariChat

Can someone tell me the meaning of this symbol?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Jack-the-lad, Nov 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  2. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Well it has been a while since I was there but this is the traffic sign indicating the end of all restrictions including speed limits on the Autobahn. Since Ja! translates to Yes! .....it would seem to be the enthusiastic version.:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    There is social and political pressure to introduce speed restrictions across Germany.
    I'm guessing this is a pro-unrestricted meme

Nembo1777 and turbo-joe like this.
  4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thank you, Simon. That is what I suspect as well.

5. Stefan328gts

Stefan328gts Karting
    BANNED

Dec 16, 2013
  6. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
  7. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Depending on year and market the ratios allowed 298 KPH at 7000. Tachs are not terribly accurate so I'd say its possible.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

At anything over 120mph my tr felt slightly scary(to me)so 186mph I’d be petrified ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Testing top speed should be mandatory for every Ferrari owner! My 550 in Germany... I have had about 325 two times. No problem.

About the 70 degree coolant... I believe they run a little on the cold side because If you have to stop, the internals of the engine is very hot after a sprint like that. If the engine were 90+ degrees I believe it could very easily overheat if suddenly it needs to run as idle or being switched off.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. pkl03

pkl03 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So did you take the photo at 320kph?

13. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    why not? if the street is empty

14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #14 F456M, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    I had 331 kph. last year with my dog (Enzo - a 4 yr old gordon setter) and 7 bags. Went from Nice at the bottom of France via Lyon still in France and then to the top of Germany from 8 AM in the morning to about mid night same day. Had two walks with the dog, two lunch/dinner stops and did a full manual wash of the car in Luxemburg during the same day, so nothing really stressful... Just leasurly motoring through Europe during covid time at the worst period in end of May 2020. Few cars. Was not much over the speed limit in France, but Germany was a bit different. The car is on rails. Ferry over to Sweden next morning. Amazing drive.
    About 1800 kms. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. William Tell

William Tell Karting

Sep 2, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Villi
    Yes, that is the sign indicating general speed limit, and on the Autobahn in Germany there is no general speed limit, so you can go as fast as you like.
    You sometimes see these signs at the end of a short tunnel. Drop down to 100 km, and when you pass the sign, you are good to go. No speed limit. Great fun :)

F456M and Jack-the-lad like this.
  16. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    Oil is hot enough, that’s most important.

Grease Donkey likes this.
  17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    More accurate than my current Giulietta, I had it foot to the floor for a long time on a sunday morning empty six lane autobahn on a crisp cold dry january day about 7 degrees celsius air temperature so ideal conditions and the speedo said 220kph but the GPs said only 206 much bigger discrepancy at one third less speed...

550 Maranellos are just planted at high speed, I drove one at 150+MPH on mediocre tarmac and it tracked straight as an arrow.