330 GT interested in possible purchase | FerrariChat

330 GT interested in possible purchase

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Kruegmeister, Nov 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Thinking of adding a 4 Seater to my Collection
    I have 64 & 68 Vettes & enjoy the Classics.
    I have 2 more Moder Ferraris (F430 Spider & F355 Spider)

Something like a 246GT is on my list, but not quite ready to add a $300K+ car
    So I had some interest in this car
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ferrari-330-GT/223723414456?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It's a Series II?
    I typically like something that would retain value and/or possibly appreciate
    Also Typically want it to be a "Driver" (put 1000+ this year on the 430 just with RoadTrips, a little less on the 355 but still a good amount)

What's the Differences between the different 330s?
    Any good sites or links where I can learn more about these?

Thanks in Advance

2. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Everything you would want to know is here: http://www.330gt.com/

That's a Series I. And if you're interested in it I'd suggest you call Naples Motorsports and have them do the PPI.

I had a Series II, which I highly recommend. The power steering is fantastic, and air conditioning is welcome. And the odd quad headlights of the Series I are rectified in the Series II.

Matt

LVP488 likes this.
  3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what about a testarossa? they are cheap just now and easy to fix
    and they are the last middle 12 cylinder engines
    but sorry - only a 2 seater

4. Kruegmeister

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    I'm definitely wanting a 12 cylinder as I have my Modern F1, Classic Gated, so now need a V12
    I really want something classic, 4 seater would probably have the lead as I just need something to cover when someone wants to tag along, then I have 5 2 seaters sitting & I'm taking the Model S or the Wife's SUV & what fun is that... LOL

5. DCooper72

DCooper72 Rookie

Feb 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Don Cooper
    The eBay car looks like a decent one, depending on how the restoration was done. I would want to make certain that the engine was rebuilt by a professional. But I do not like the 330 in red at all. The lines of these car look so much better in the understated colors, IMHO

375+ likes this.
  6. Pmo75

Pmo75 Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    Krueg,
    Check the configuration of the car as delivered, you can get than from the 330 registry.
    Few were red originally and metallic colors work really great on these.
    From the eBay pics, the seats look very flattish, not the best work.
    You have speakers in the front console, and the lower segments of the console seem very baggy.
    So basically, a lot what redone on this car, but to what standards ? That’s probably worth checking through research.

I have a series 2 and I like driving it, the engine is stunning, and very classic. Not as nimble as a Dino, but you feel the power of the v12 every time.

7. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    What is your 64 Corvette, A Coupe or Convertible, If your 64 is a convertible, would you have any interest in a 1973 365GT4 2+2 V12 that I mite consider trading for.

Chuck King
    702-243-6557

8. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    At least it has a 5 speed instead of the 4 speed with overdrive. I had one of those years ago and wasn't very impressed with it. I have '65 vette roadster and all I can say is that you should drive one of these 330 GT's to get an impression as they have little in common with a C2 vette. If you decide you want one, shoot for the later 2 headlight version (much more attractive) and avoid the red cars as that color just doesn't work on the 2+2 versions.

Kruegmeister, Smiles and 375+ like this.
  9. Kruegmeister

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    64 is Convertible, but I plan on keeping that.

10. footUNDER

footUNDER Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Doug Hudson
    i have owned 3 of these and agree with much of what you have been told so far
    stay with Series 2 - single headlight
    red isn't the best color on this model
    drive a few and you'll know which one is the one - some are dogs
    don't buy cheap as you'll spend alot getting it fully sorted back to original - i'd buy the best example you can find
    tom yang site is a great resource as well and he know's these care extremely well
    i still think it is one of the best values out there now that price have pulled back

Kruegmeister and Smiles like this.
  11. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Well said.

Matt

12. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I own a 330 and a 550. Love front engined V12 s. As others have said go for the 5 speed and hanging pedals of the S2.