Mondial like | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mondial like

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by boxerman, Dec 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    With the windows and sunroof open it's a very "open air" like ride.

paulchua and V4NG0 like this.
  2. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Some even open!
    I kid, I kid.....love my 3.2, going on 17 years with it.

Attached Files:

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I drove the 3.2 again last weekend. Maybe paper 0-60 does not exite the statisticians, but to drive its definitely not slow. From around 5k rpm I feels like its climbing on cam and there is a surge. Basicaly like all good italian cars keep it on the boil and its fast. Handling I thought was great and more than youll use on the road, it was rewarding and sounded good.

Yeah the styling could be claimed to be uninteresting, and yes the interior is a bit Fiat. But unlike pretty muct all the rest of the range, this is a useable almost daily classic ferrari. That puts it into a category of 1.

Well supposedly the 400I and 456 are also "useable" and fun, but having driven both of those extensively I can say that theyre heavy dogs in comparison.
    Maybe a 400 with a stick is different havent driven one of those. But those two 12 2+2s just felt heavy uninvolving ponderous and not particularily quick.

davem likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The "t" is even faster and has even tighter handling with an updated interior. As an owner of a 456 as well, I can say I agree wholeheartedly with you assesement.

I'm happy to see your appreciation for the model seems to just grow, it's a common sight to folks that actually spend time with her, versus say, form an opinion to what a friend of an uncle read in an internet article written by an author that heard somewhere....

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    How do you compare this car to your prior Gt4.

6. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Last time I took out both with my wife I asked her "Do you want the heavy steering, or the heavy clutch!?"

She took the Mondial. It's steering is heavier as is the car. But it's only noticable when parking. Hydraulic clutch for the Mondial. Clutch heavier on Gt/4. But lighter steering....also was running narrow 14" wheels.

Should have kept the baby Dino....but not enough garage for all when I added the track toy.

The decision to sell came down to the Mondial has a bigger seat, and good A/C.

Really liked sharing the experience with my then young girls who were also on the tall side.

The Dino I had also had some mechanical needs. Still didn't stop me from auto crossing it. I'll find some pics to post later. It clearly handled better, and 2nd gear was fine even cold.

The cabin is also classic, and wraps around you in the Dino. Can't compare. I also had thoughts of converting my Dino into a track car. With my helmet on I rubbed against the roof. Mondial has great headroom.

Both great cars. The Dino probably better for what most people do. Bombing around town.

The Mondial I took on a 4 hour ride to Hershey for Mondialpalooza in 2013. No problems.

Back when I bought my Dino I paid 20k. Paid more for my Mondial years earlier. Now the Dino commands more $$.

paulchua likes this.