Four 8 year old 5000 mile tires Pirelli for free Central Florida | FerrariChat

Four 8 year old 5000 mile tires Pirelli for free Central Florida

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Normal1959, Dec 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Normal1959

Normal1959 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2019
    bayhill orlando
    Full Name:
    Normal59
    Should I just let the tire changing guy keep them or does somebody want them for free.
    Two (225/35ZR-19) and Two 285/35ZR-19
    Pirelli Rosso Direzional
    They have plenty of tread but they were made in 2012
    Eric in Orlando
    Forgot to mention...……….pick up only

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Tyres have a shelf life, I’d hazard a guess that for any performance cars, those are shot, past their sell by (I usually give three years from manufacture before the chemical compounds lose their reliable performance traits. I’m sure people run them longer, but I don’t think a chance should be taken really mate. Great tyres for transporting a car though, for rolling a race car around between putting proper tyres on, or maybe on a display/garage car that doesn’t get any spirited driving, but not for a car that gets meaningful mileage really. Then again, there are proper experts on here that may disagree with me of course

tomc and m5shiv like this.
  3. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Interesting topic. I recently debated keeping the original 2004 tires from my Stradale to put away just in case they provided value later on. Ultimately I decided it wasn’t worth the effort or space. Others may feel differently, but what’s really the point of keeping old hard dry-rotting rubber around if it can’t be safely used?

EastMemphis and daytona355 like this.
  4. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I was in a car that had all four tires go at once. We hit about 120 when it happened. Quite a startle. Luckily, it happened on an empty four lane wide expressway. The driver, my future wife, kept the car under control until it stopped. The tires were eight years old and looked perfect, well, until they shredded. Tires may look good but if they are beyond the shelf life, a hazard to life and limb.

PhilaChris likes this.
  5. Normal1959

Normal1959 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2019
    bayhill orlando
    Full Name:
    Normal59
    OK after reading all the negatives about old tires, I have decided to lower the price. I will now pay $20 for someone to come and take them :)
    Eric

daytona355, PhilaChris and tomc like this.
  6. PGI

PGI Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ken
    In our law suit friendly society, I would not want to be open to liability, even if I was offering them for free

7. Normal1959

Normal1959 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2019
    bayhill orlando
    Full Name:
    Normal59
    OK I will let the shop dispose of them on Monday when they install the new ones. I am excited about getting the new ones put on.
    Eric

8. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good choice.

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That sounds scary! The tires posted look in great condition. Hope more miles get put on the new set but sometimes its hard to get enough drive time.

daytona355 likes this.