Carrera GT | Page 28 | FerrariChat

Carrera GT

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Sterling Sackey, Jan 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

No, Arman's car is a 2005 Guards Red over Dark Grey. I sold his GT Silver car on his behalf in 2018. I think the Guards Red car is a keeper unless he gets something crazy for it. :)

joe sackey and cgt000 like this.
  2. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

The "Carrera GT Roadshow," this was a Porsche marketing idea that saw the then-new Cayenne pulling the then-new Carrera GT to multiple locales around Germany.

Press release from early 2004:

Carrera GT Roadshow starting this coming Saturday

Mobile Showroom to Visit 16 Porsche-Centres in 14 German Cities

Stuttgart/Bietigheim-Bissingen. The Porsche Deutschland GmbH, Bietigheim-Bissingen, starts a roadshow this coming Saturday, February 14, 2004, that will see the high-performance Carrera GT sports car tour 17 German Porsche Centres. The silver-coloured Carrera GT will be presented in a mobile glass "showroom" pulled by a black Cayenne. The transparent walls of the showroom are designed to provide maximum impact and are the perfect stage for the Carrera GT – not only during its visits to the Porsche Centres, but also as it is transported around Germany.

The roadshow will kick off on February 14 at the Porsche Centre in Wiesbaden. The last stop will be the Porsche Centre in Munich on April 3 and 4. Sports car enthusiasts will have the opportunity to see the Carrera GT at daytime or evening events.

This month, readers of "auto motor und sport" magazine voted the Carrera GT best sports car in the magazine's annual car awards. These awards, which were decided by more than 100,000 readers, are among the most sought-after car prizes in Europe.

The Carrera GT is a car suitable for everyday use that is based on thoroughbred race car technology. The 5.7 litre V10 naturally aspirated engine delivers a maximum output of 450 kW (612 bhp) at 8,000 rpm, with a maximum torque of 590 Nm at 5,750 rpm. The Carrera accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 3.9 seconds and from zero to 200 km/h in just 9.9 seconds. It has a top speed of 330 kilometres per hour.

With the development of the Carrera GT, Porsche AG is not only unveiling the technological possibilities available today in sports car construction, the high-performance sports car also gives an insight into the Porsche technology of the future. The Carrera GT heralds a new construction concept in road and racing vehicles – both the monocoque and the entire sub-frame are made of carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFP) which delivers optimum strength and weight characteristics.

Production of the Carrera GT began in autumn 2003 at the Porsche plant in Leipzig, where the Cayenne, Porsche's sporty off-road vehicle, is also built. Total production was limited to 1,500 vehicles.

The Carrera GT will be presented at the following Porsche Centres:

February 14, 2004: Wiesbaden March 13, 2004: Darmstadt

February 21, 2004: Nuremberg March 18, 2004: Aachen

February 27, 2004: Altötting March 19, 2004: Hamburg

February 27/28, 2004: Olympiapark Munich March 26, 2004: Bamberg

March 5, 2004: Memmingen March 27, 2004: Berlin

March 6, 2004: Frankfurt March 28, 2004: Berlin South

March 11, 2004: Cologne April 2, 2004: Lübeck

March 12, 2004: Dortmund April 3/4, 2004: Munich

3. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

#678 Sterling Sackey, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Baseball Hall of Fame member Ken Griffey Jr.'s 2005 Carrera GT, VIN WP0CA298X5L001094.

This car has been registered in Florida since new, with personalized plate "FEARNO1." Last registration in December 2018, so I'm fairly certain he still owns it.

Griffey is the co-owner of Peacock Automotive, which is the umbrella over Porsche of Hilton Head in South Carolina, where the car has occasionally been spotted.

The car is Black over Dark Grey, with no special options. Produced October 2004 and originally sold November 30th, 2004.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Jerry Seinfeld's 2004 Carrera GT, VIN WP0CA29854L001079. Black over Dark Grey, no special options as none were available for '04.

Produced May 2004 and originally sold July 22nd, 2004.

Owned by Jerry from new and stationed / serviced in New York. The car was listed for sale in early 2011 and registered with a new owner in later 2012 at around 3,300 miles.

The car was located in the Bend, OR area until sometime around 2014-2015, then the Medina, WA area with last registration record in 2016.

Camelot, plastique999 and joe sackey like this.
  5. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

The car in California @ Cars & Coffee Irvine whilst for sale in 2012:

joe sackey likes this.
  6. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

7. GO-RAN

GO-RAN Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    TORONTO

If its the same car I remember it being owned by a Florida member of 6speed.. he had a nice collection of cars including a CS and a orange Gallardo among other cars. Then I think it popped up in Pennsylvania ( Mclaren dealer ) ?

The rare int/ext combo rings a bell

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Very interesting...I thought he owned a prototype at one point.
    I bought and sold Seinfeld’s unique Lotus Exige S260 In Kawasaki green.

Sent from my 16M

NürScud likes this.
  9. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
  10. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

#0580 trying to get some rest during Car Week

[​IMG]

Camelot, NürScud, cnpapa24 and 3 others like this.
  11. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Camelot and NürScud like this.
  12. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

13. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Ouch!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^

14. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Seriously, that should buff out.

15. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Time to build a 917 clone around that v10...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

plastique999 and rmolke85 like this.
  16. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Sterling, would you please list the most recent sale prices for The Carrera GT. I realize, it’s very dependent on color, miles, recent service,etc......but if you could post some recent numbers that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

17. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Other than public auction prices (have already posted the Monterey results), it's good practice to keep private sales private, but I'm happy to speak directly with you. Sent you an e-mail.

BOKE and joe sackey like this.
  18. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

19. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

#694 Sterling Sackey, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    One of my favorite Paint to Sample and Leather to Sample Carrera GTs.

I previously had a single pixelated photo of this car in the factory when new, but luckily a car spotter recently uncovered some more information and took new photos.

The car is said to be in Dusseldorf, Germany at a Porsche dealer, and is said to bear build #1197 and VIN #173.

We think this one may be PTS Seafoam Green, a rare color seen on the 964 and 993 911s. If anyone has more info, please share!

20. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

WP0CA29805L001301 will be going across the block at RM Sotheby's Arizona 2020 auction.

This is a USA-delivered '05 car in standard Black over Dark Grey. However, this car left the USA around 2007 for the Calgary area in Alberta, Canada, and remained there through 2019.

Records show this car was shipped to Zuffenhausen before completion (standard practice on CGT for fitting of Custom Tailoring options by Porsche), which was carried out primarily for three different options on '05 USA cars: GBC - Air Vent Slats Aluminum Look, GBU - Hardtop Painted in Dev. Color., and GAE - Handbrake Lever w/ Porsche Logo.

This car has the third of those options, the handbrake lever.

So, yes, this car was sent all the way from Leipzig, around 500 KM to Zuffenhausen, when new, by Porsche, for the fitting of a handbrake lever! Something tells me then-CEO (and famous penny pincher) Wiedeking didn't sign off on that one...

21. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

22. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

#697 Sterling Sackey, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  23. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

24. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Early '04 at Leipzig.

According to the originator of this photo in '04: "The Carrera GT is 10-13 MPH faster on all sections of the Leipzig track compared to any other Porsche Model (GT2,GT3 and Turbo) currently in production."

NürScud likes this.
  25. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    Just imagine how much faster it would have been if it had decent tires on it!