F8 - Drove the F8 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

F8 Drove the F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BlueFerrari458, Nov 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Ferrari is demanding a lot of things. The one that blew me was in NSW another state the dealer was told to order 40 SF90 . Over here easily over 1.1 million each. I cant see that many customers.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Reiziger

Reiziger Rookie

Aug 22, 2018
    Disneyland
    That does sound like a lot but doesnt it work similar to consignment, ie rather than immediately paying ferrari, the dealer waits until they've sold the car and takes their commission while the rest goes to ferrari?

I cant imagine many dealerships sitting on $40mn AUD of brand new stock they've paid Ferrari HQ in advance (without customer deposits placed on almost all of them)

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yeah I havent needed it on the Pista. My GT3 was pretty low and I had to use it on certain speed bumps.

SoCal to az likes this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    To make it worse they are not allowed to market new cars so they dont let prospects know they have lots of cars. So the cars sit until someone comes in and wants a new car asap. They also have to sell at MSRP unless a demo with miles. Tough sale when you have a Lusso at 330k and a preowned with no miles for 225k or less.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Well it really cant be consignment as each car is custom. I dare say the mandatory DEMO cars would be consignment.

6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Im aware of 2 dealerships over here that have new 488 spiders. Correct they are not advertised. They bought the stock given the long wait for the F8 Spider. Unfortunately your stuck with their spec.

PhilNotHill likes this.