2014 California 20k Miles, any warranty options? | FerrariChat

2014 California 20k Miles, any warranty options?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by F1fletch, Dec 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    Good day all

My wife and I are quickly narrowing our Ferrari search to a couple cars. One is a 2014 California with 20k miles, not sure if these had the maintenance warranty or not for 7yrs but either way was wondering if anyone had experience with any warranty’s that are worth purchase.

I have heard of warranty programs for Ferrari’s but this is not a CPO car so not sure how that would work. It is at a Porsche dealership.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

They all do; u should have 1 more year of free maintenance service plan. U should be able to add whether u buy at Ferrari or not, a warranty from Ferrari granted the car has been maintained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Out of curiosity how much is the car you're buying?

4. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    About 105k

...we are also looking at an F430.....I know apples and oranges but similar in price.

5. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    If the car passes an inspection at a Ferrari dealer, and the maintenance has been kept up to date -- the 7 year plan is just for annual maintenance, it's not a warranty -- then you can buy a New Power warranty from Ferrari that will cover most major components for a year, and it's renewable. Typically in the $4500 range, not counting the cost of the inspection. A gearbox issue can easily cost $7k -- if you're somewhere where they have a trained tech who can repair it, if not it's crazy expensive for a new one, which they will otherwise recommend.

This is basically self-insurance against a major repair -- the top mechanism and gearbox are very expensive. Some people will tell you to invest the $5k and hope nothing happens, that may or may not work out, depending on luck and, to a certain extent, how much you are planning to drive the car. If you're going to put 1,000 miles on it per year ... or if you're going to put 10k miles on, different equation.

I drive mine, a lot, bought the 2-year warranty extension after the first year, put on 14k miles total, didn't ever use it, on a 2013 Cali 30. The Cali T I have now, the dealer included 2 years of New Power warranty.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. Federal man

Federal man Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Mark Higinbotham
    I bought my 2014 Cali HS with 10,500 miles on 3/19/19 from Ferrari of SF as a CPO car. I paid $121,400 plus a line item of $3600 listed as Optional Service Contract-New Power Warranty till 5/7/2021 for a total price of $125,000. The New Power Warranty CPO car was a main reason I bought it from a Ferrari dealer, although as others have said, you can pay the roughly $1000 to have it inspected and the Ferrari dealer will sell you a New Power warranty.

My car has been trouble free and I now have 14,500 miles on it and love it!

Fireman1291 and AD211 like this.
  8. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I bet confirmation you did well on your trade Adam!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Umm yeah Jesus I got lucky! Wow.