Carbonio 488 Extended Carbon Fiber Shift Paddles Are Here! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Carbonio 488 Extended Carbon Fiber Shift Paddles Are Here!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Carbonio, Aug 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    We are freshly stocked up on paddles after having just completed a production run. We are so certain you will love them that we will pay the shipping to take them back with a full refund if you are not delighted with your purchase. Installs in 5 minutes right on your driveway with included tools and does not require disconnecting the battery or anything. As easy as changing a light bulb. More info and online ordering at www.carbonio.com

2. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    It really is that easy. The only key is the make sure the screw is not cross threaded. I’m excellent with tools etc and I actually did this on one of the bottom screws making the paddle seam a little less “sharp” with shifting. I took it off and re did it (another 3 min) and it’s perfect.

To avoid this I recommend gettting each screw started the then sequentially tightening them a little at a time until they are both flush and tight.

This really has to do with how the original paddles are placed at the factory as the new extended paddles are outstanding in quality and do match the CF perfectly.

3. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for the feedback. Agreed it is best practice with any mechanical assembly to start all screws before tightening any of them down. Enjoy the drive!

4. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
  5. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    best modification is right.... besides my trunk bonnet carbon fiber

6. Aren H.

Aren H. Rookie

Sep 27, 2017
    Sun Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Aren Hovsepian
    Hey Bud, question. Where did you buy the trunk bonnet? I've looked everywhere for one, no luck? Appreciate the help.

7. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Glenn and David at Exotic Car Gear - reach out to them. they are great guys.

8. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Boomhauer likes this.
  9. MartinRS2K

MartinRS2K Rookie

Nov 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Martin Mackay
    I'm looking to order these. Does anyone know what the Import Duty is to bring into the UK?

10. MartinRS2K

MartinRS2K Rookie

Nov 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Martin Mackay
    I've tried contacting Carbonio for the last week with no response?

Is there a UK supplier for these paddle shifts or another version available?

11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    They might be on year-end vacations? ;)
    I had these paddles shipped to France some time ago, there were some import duties but I do not remember how much (with VAT that was significant, maybe 20 to 30%).
    I can confirm this is a brilliant modification and far better than the standard paddles.
    I think Ferrari is now proposing some extended paddles as part of the Genuine program, they have a different shape but you may try to check that.

12. MartinRS2K

MartinRS2K Rookie

Nov 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Martin Mackay
  13. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up guys. All messages replied to with discount codes and we just took a few days off between Christmas and New Years. We will be back to business on the 2nd :)

MartinRS2K likes this.
  14. MartinRS2K

MartinRS2K Rookie

Nov 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Martin Mackay
    Thanks for coming back to me by Message.

I will order them from you shortly :)

15. MartinRS2K

MartinRS2K Rookie

Nov 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Martin Mackay
    My 488 arrived today and the first job was to fit my recently purchased Carbonio Extended Shifter Paddles.

This really is a 5 minute job to do and the quality of the paddles is excellent. :D

Fantastic service from Rob @ Carbonio and I can highly recommend them for anyone who hasn't already done this simple modification.

I also added the Tricolor badge to the rear which I really like :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

LVP488 likes this.
  16. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Our extended shift paddles continue to be a popular upgrade and we are happy to announce that we have stock and worldwide shipping available. We are often asked how easy installation is and the following video should show how very easy it is with the included tool: