Pro/Con of the Huracan | FerrariChat

Pro/Con of the Huracan

Discussion in '360/430' started by ICULUKN, Nov 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    I love my F430, but I'm looking at adding a Huracan to the garage.
    I have only driven the Huracan once.
    Opinions from the masses who have owned both.

2. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I like it much more than the Gallardo, which could have nasty handling towards the limit. My name's not Schumacher, so I need all the driver friendly feelings I can get.

3. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Haven't owned one, but these cars are not meant for tall people. I like them, but could never buy one because it's just too small inside.

greg328 and Robb like this.
  4. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    Im only 5'9.... LOL

5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Never owned one but as I understand: Real handling and Audi Parts. Oh yeah..

6. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Not a bad thing at all if it makes a great product.

LARRYH and vrsurgeon like this.
  7. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Haven’t spent a lot of time with Huracan but have some good miles in the R8 v10 plus.
    +
    Like the engine / sound
    Build quality seems pretty good
    Performance
    -
    Don’t like the steering
    Don’t like AWD
    Heavy
    Dimensions and interior layout sort of swallow you and visibility isn’t great
    Lacks personality vs. 430

Not a bad car but I can tell I’d be bored with it after a year. YMMV.

If you like 430s and are ready for change of pace I’d just buy a Scud. Can pick up a nice one from a dealer with warranty for Huracan money. Or a nice enough one privately for less. No brainer to me but Im biased.

8. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    Im buying the 2 wheel drive version.
    I am not getting rid of my F430.
    You are the first to say it will be 'boring' .... why so...

9. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Way to long of an answer bit here goes.
    I am convinced modern cars, with modern electronics, to their own detriment are just too consistent in terms or what you get on every drive. They handle all bumps the same way, the shifts all feel the same, they start up the same way every time, the steering feels the same on every turn, traction control is seamless etc. Its all very sanitized and too perfect for me. All of that bores me after 1,000 miles of calibration and new car day excitement.

I like cars that feel more organic, imperfect, like they need to wake up, get some heat in the tires, brakes, engine before you can get that perfect run. Every drive is slightly different depending on conditions and you have to put some work in to get the reward. I like cars that get a little twitchy when there is a bump mid turn, not dangerous, just lets you know that something happened.

Anyway, you may not share those sentiments at all. Thats just my view. But I just felt like “ok, I get this thing” after a few hundred miles and when I get to that point I start thinking about the next car experience. 2000-2010 era stuff is my personal sweet spot. Modern day performance and ease of ownership with that raw, organic driver involvement. After that we got too good with dual clutches, adjustable dampers, stability control, integrated control systems, electric steering and the soul left the building.
    The really good stuff in my book is:
    997 GT/RS/Cayman R
    360/430/599
    BMW E39/46/92
    Lotus Exige / Elise

TooFast355, Gaius, kiryu and 16 others like this.
  10. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Bravo. Excellent description that nails it for me too.

11. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    The main thing that I struggle with are all of the Audi parts/design in the Huracan. Sure it adds to reliability but takes away from the bespoke hand built exotic car experience.

12. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Just buy my car and call it a day !

Performance - check...check...check
    Looks - check
    Reliability - check
    30k pm , brand new clutch , brand new rear main seal - check

13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    PROS
    • Audi reliability
    • NA V10 sound
    • Functional infotainment
    • Sharp jetfighter styling
    • New new new & nice change of pace to the F430

CONS
    • Lambo owner stigma
    • You turn into a total d*ck
    • Seats still not comfortable; lower lumbar in particular
    • Continued depreciation

14. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I like getting into my Huracan without thinking about when the car will break. I can't say the same for the F430 throughout the year. Its always in the back of my head when I go out, is the F1 going to crap itself? Am I going to get stuck in N for 1/100 reasons? The transmission is why I would venture for 458 if the 458 wasn't so feminine looking, hence the Huracan purchase. However I will say that my F430 is pretty exhilarating because of those reasons. Clunky gearbox you can feel, maybe I need a tow, maybe I need a phone a friend lifeline, who knows! Visibility in the H is TERRIBLE, but you'll learn. Everything I hate about my Huracan has been addressed in the EVO, except I can't afford it yet.

Any reason you looking at Huracan over the 458?

3POINT8 and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  15. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    I like the 458 but I cant get over the front end. I agree with your assessment that the car looks 'feminine'... and not in a good way.
    I love the 'hips' on the F430 and feel like it has aged well. Maybe its time to get an older F car or maybe a old scissor door lambo...

cole328 likes this.
  16. Neil A

Neil A Karting

Oct 11, 2011
    Edinburgh, UK
    Would say the only real downside to the Huracan is the R8 is 90% the same car for a whole lot less money , but depends if you want the more shouty look of the Lambo.
    From the people that I know that have owned Huracans they have been bomb proof and have the ideal mix of daily usage / fun weekend drive.

gsworld2014 likes this.
  17. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I wont buy a heavly depreciating exotic.
    Typically only buy when they are going up.The Huricane is surely going down.
    Buy a Scud.

18. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Last time I looked, they were going down as well. In most cases, cars are not a good investment.

timjen88 and 3POINT8 like this.
  19. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    16M's are gliding down slowly.
    As is most of the market for older used "collectables". Japanese sports car from the 90's are doing well.
    A Hurrican is set for rapid depreciation once the next best greatest Lambo comes out.
    The 16M has already endured much of that and IMO will settle a bit more then turn around.
    I have done quite well with cars as "investments" so far AND I get the enjoyment of possession. Driving ? Not so much ;)
    I do have a couple that experience the horror of actually being driven. :D

Manda racing likes this.
  20. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    I think the huracan is a good compliment to the f430. There's def merit in getting into a car and just drive the heck out of it without worry about road or weather conditions or distances. I dont have a huracan but i have an r8 which is arguably 80-90% the same car, it does have its own issues but everything warrantied till 2023 for next to nothing (it's a 8 year old car for god's sake). I dont even get that level of confidence with my 458, not even close.The sound is amazing and much much faster than a f430. But you dont get as much from the huracan/r8 on the emotional / "soul" aspect of things like others have said, the f430 feels organic and body is sculpted beautifully. I would have gotten a huracan if i dont already have the r8, i just find them too similar in driving experience and there's no point wasting money in getting unwarrantied repairs. Yes the huracan will continue to depreciate since they made a lot of them and r8 are a better bargain etc., but the early years seem to be depreciating a lot less and getting cheaper in mid 100s. While a scud is a more extreme f430, i dont think it will blow u away. I think the f430/huracan is a great balanced combo.

21. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Haha! You will start wearing your ballcap backwards and start making stupid youtube videos.

timjen88 likes this.