Who should replace Vettel? | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The problem with Vettel is that he still considers himself as Number One, and cannot accept a different role, like Kimi did.
    At the Scuderia, you have a fading start who don't want to let go, crossing the path of an up-and-coming young talent trying to assert himself.
    It doesn't look good for Vettel, that's for sure. KImi took decline gracefully, Vettel won't, hence plenty of silly episodes.

Flavio_C likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Vettel will never be a "Schumi" and follow that path. He is done. Arriva closed this door on him along with Sergio. They told him to stay out of team business that did not concern him. This was bluntly passed and in public.

Flavio_C likes this.
  3. DF1

Go Webber lol :) https://www.planetf1.com/news/webber-vettel-is-not-a-great-listener/

Sebastian Vettel needs to seek advice from others if he hopes to bounce back from his woeful 2019 season, but Mark Webber says he’s not “a great listener”.

Vettel struggled almost from the get-go in this year’s championship, Ferrari issuing team orders at the very first race in Austrlia to keep his new young team-mate behind him.

That, though, didn’t last very long.

With Charles Leclerc determined to prove his worth, the pressure was firmly on Vettel with the German slipping up.

This was most notable in Canada when he lost what would have been his first win of the season when he rejoined the race track in a dangerous manner and forced Lewis Hamilton towards the wall.

Vettel was hit with a five-second penalty that cost him the win, resulting in one of the most memorable – but also petulant – moments of the season as he put the No1 board in front of his own car.

The German would eventually take a first win in Singapore but that was also his only one in a season in which he was beaten by Leclerc in all the stats that matter.

This has led to almost constant rumours that 2019 could yet be Vettel’s last in Formula 1 with Webber acknowledging his former Red Bull team-mate faces a big off-season.

He feels Vettel should speak to others but says he’s unlikely to do so as he is “not a great listener”.

“I think this is the biggest off-season of Sebastian’s career,” the Aussie told Channel 4.

“He’s a winner and a fighter, but a small chink in his armour is that he is not a great listener.

“I think if he needs to seek some advice off people, this is uncharted waters for him because he is coming towards the end of his career, but he needs to seek all the different professional advice that he can from people who might have also been on this journey.

“That way he can understand how to unlock that new phase of passion, energy, that drive to get going.

“He’s got three kids at home now, 22 races coming up next year. I don’t have kids but that will be a real challenge and some of the other guys don’t have that.

“It’s been his worst season [at Ferrari] and he’s got a big, big fight on his hands to come back next year.”

4. Targaflorio0199

Targaflorio0199 Karting

Jun 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Targa
    IMO, All things being equal next season, if I were Vettel, I would retire - effective immediately.

Has nothing left to prove as a four-time champion. Doesn't need the money. Has had more success than most F1 drivers can dream of.

His ability and concentration are clearly fading, based on the 2019 evidence.

He faces a real danger of being humiliated in 2020 by Leclerc.

Better to go out on your feet than suffer a demoralizing death on your knees.

Happy to be proven wrong..but just can't see it.

E60 M5 likes this.
  5. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I wouldn't be surprised if, suddenly, in a couple of weeks, we would read the news that the Scuderia will be fully concentrating on Leclerc as a real number 1 driver, accompanied by a number 2 driver such as .....Ocon?
    Vettel be paid his $$$ and out by the back door.

Targaflorio0199 likes this.
  6. thompsonmax

thompsonmax Rookie

Dec 4, 2019
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Max Thompson
    Hi there. Are you sure that Vettel can't be competitive anymore? Probably it wasn't his year and in 2020 he will show better results. Mercedes was very strong this year, even Red Bull was ahead of Ferrari. I believe sometime Vettel and Leclerc can be one-two as Valtteri and Hamilton this year :rolleyes:

7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I could imagine a quick divorce between Vettel and the Scuderia at any time, but I can see Ocon as a good replacement.

8. DF1

History is well against Seb for now. He is consistently mistake prone at the wrong times over 3 years with weak close/wheel to wheel skills. That will not yield a title soon it seems. LH may be peaking or already has, what is clear is Vettel has descended and rapidly in 3 years. Vettel stats vs Charles this year are not at all good.

- But the team dynamic was rigged in Leclerc's favour from the start. Fail to beat Vettel, a four-time world champion with over 50 career victories, and it would be no surprise. Get close or even beat him and the focus would instantly deflect onto the other side of the garage. Vettel had the added pressure of coming into 2019 off the back of two disappointing seasons in 2017 and 2018, and with it came further race-defining mistakes in Bahrain, Canada, Great Britain and Italy.--

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/28229274/what-went-wrong-ferrari-2019#Mistakes%20and%20internal%20divisions

9. DF1

Who should replace Vettel?? :)

Italian gamer David Tonizza won the esports F1 Pro Series for Ferrari on Wednesday, ensuring at least one championship trophy for the Italian team after another season of disappointment on the real racetrack.

10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Vegas ROK. Unfortunately no English subtitles:

11. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Perhaps mentioned but what about Ricciardo? Combination of experience and maturity but has not checked out and into "why me" mode like Vettel - Personality seems like a good fit with LeClerc and he has shown his speed and talent in the past on a competitive team with competitive car. Just sayin :)

12. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    It would be an early x'mas gift to me if Seb leaves team red. He's been given his shot, he shot it, and missed catastrophically, end of story.

He's got 4 WDCs, and that's the end of his achievement.

Flavio_C, william and DF1 like this.
  13. DF1

His ego wont allow it. For now I think!!

14. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  15. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Well, he's going to learn the harder and more embarrassing way next year I bet =) Can't wait.

16. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Let me get this straight. You bet that a Ferrari driver will struggle and you can't wait to see it? What the hell kind of forum is this?

stavura and pilotoCS like this.
  17. DF1

One can easily separate a favorite team from the pilots. We like some and not others. Nothing new at all.

18. DF1

We may be surprised by him. Yes that is a potential. The 'odds' appear against it for now, given his lack of progress over 3 years now.

19. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    We all have our favorites and our preferences, but I'm sorry; if the idea of a driver struggling for your team is titillating because you don't like that driver, then you don't care about the team because they suffer as a result.

greg328, stavura and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  20. DF1

I care about Ferrari. As Vettel stated its larger than the drivers. He is a disappointment. Period. Charles is faster and the future. Nothing new here....so.........

Giallo 550 likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think that even tifosi can see that Vettel isn't a team player and drag the team down.
    Some want him out of the Scuderia, whilst others wonder why the management can't handle him better (by sacking him?).
    Let's face it, in the last 3 years, Vettel has been the best asset Mercedes had to keep winning !!!

22. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I agree with you completely. I think now is the perfect time for Vettel to leave, but I'm not looking forward to him struggling and hurting the team for another season.

23. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Don't get me wrong. I think Vettel is way past his expiration date, but that's not a good reason to be excited over the prospect of him struggling in a Ferrari next year.

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I can't see no reason to spare him.

25. DF1

This has been a concensus with Italian fans as well. They are 'over' him now. He has lost many fans and support. He is consistently unable to compete effectively given 4 WDC's. His weakness is now exposed in various skills required. Charles made that apparent and quickly this year. Kimi masked the truth some but Vettel had no challenge to rise to internally in the garage at Ferrari. Now he does and was defeated. An additional win for Bahrain for Charles was taken. Making it all the more glaring in total. Vettel was out driven from the first race.

Giallo 550 and william like this.