SF 90 Crash While Testing | Page 2 | FerrariChat

SF 90 Crash While Testing

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by FerrariFR33458, Oct 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #26 Shadowfax, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Yes Lamborghini has gone leaps and bounds since the Germans took over. The Japanese are also very good with electronics....probably No 1.

My experiences with Ferrari have left me with the clear thought that Ferrari would be better to start with getting the battery and charge rate right before delving into other far more complex areas involving electronics. It's actually really important to make sure the car can at least start. Not crashing into a barrier on a dead straight multi lane public road becomes secondary and, would be also very helpful and comforting to the average driver! But first things must come first. Push button - car (must) starts!

Astrid.Didier and of2worlds like this.
  2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Oversimplification that has nothing to do with reality. Multinational companies that hail from all major auto industrial countries are at the top of their field. There are German (Bosch), Italian (Magneti Marelli), Janapese ( Hitachi), American (Dephi), French (Valeo) and they are all top companies. Car manufacturers mix and match depending on their needs and business agreements. Many German cars have Italian electronics and many Italian cars have German electronics and so on. Electronics are like the paper of a book, which has to be sturdy and of a high quality. What is printed on that paper though is what makes the different and that is where car manufacturers come in and write their own software code. Two cars might have identical ESP hardware that gives totally different driving characteristics because the programming is different.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Who do you think Ferrari buys from?

Albert-LP likes this.
  4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Today everybody uses the same Bosch/Marelli/Denso/whatever stuff, for good and for bad. I've already suffered too many Bosch cock ups to think they're any better.

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    that's correct: the software is like the Driver of a car. Given the same car to me and Charles Leclerc, I don't think the lap time would be the same… :D

This said, there aren't bad and good electronic hardwares, but there are more and less well tuned (and fitted/installed) electronic hardwares

ciao

6. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo
    The few electrical problems ive had have been bosch parts

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Bosch quit being the high quality standard of the industry a long time ago.

greg328 and Boomhauer like this.
  8. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    This accident was 100% a human mistake. The driver was in perfect conditions after the crash.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    What exactly did this driver say happened to cause it to crash into the barrier on a dead straight road? Did he apply full power?

10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am shocked!!! (NOT) ;)