Looking for 400 or 400i | FerrariChat

Looking for 400 or 400i

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by RicSinger, Dec 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    I am looking for a good healthy well kept Ferrari 400
    Please let me know if you have or know about one that may be available for sale.

Thanks
    Ricardo

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Could you narrow down your search?
    - Geographical Area
    - Intended use

There are quite a few local groups of enthusiasts that may assist you in your quest, but no one has a global (cross-continent) knowledge of this niche market. Also bear in mind that we do not share the same level of expectation regarding what a healthy Ferrari might be. Just to name a few differences: one of the German mechanic I know does not care about detailing but will chase any suspicious sound in the engine bay and disassemble the engine without second thought, by contrast our colleagues on the other side of the Atlantic will spare no expense in order to restore the car to its full original conditions (spotless plating, original accessories, etc...) but will probably never drive the car at 240kmh. I would personally happily drop and replace any component that could spoil my pleasure even if this is at the expense of originality and clearly devaluate the market value of the car, etc.

If I were in the market for a 400, I would look for a less sought after 400i auto gen1, with solid engine and nice upholstery, and would not mind so-so cosmetics, as that's the easiest to sort out.

RicSinger likes this.
  3. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg

4. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Hi Ric max here in Atlanta ,any pic or 2 of your car,thnx max,dogdoc97

5. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Hi Greg
    I am very interested, can you please DM more information and your contact number?

Thank you.

6. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Hi Max
    Excuse the question, are you the Max who sold me the 1989 Mondial?