Winter Work | FerrariChat

Winter Work

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Fixjets777, Nov 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fixjets777

Fixjets777 Karting

Oct 16, 2016
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Im taking advantage of the down time associated with this time of the year. Here is my F430 work list:
    Battery Tender pigtail- DONE
    Capristo exhaust brackets- DONE
    Tail light reinforcement kit
    Scug Ing Swiss F1 relay, LED drl, front turn signals, rear light assemblies and third brake light.
    Nothing out of the ordinary, I know. But will keep me occupied in the garage for a little while.

Also, I have a perfectly looking Ferrari maglite, with corroded batteries. If I can find a way to remove the corroded tail cap without causing any damage I will be able to repair it. And probably sell it.
    Any tips from you veterans are welcome!
    Jeff
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

absostone likes this.
  2. V8Fun

V8Fun Karting

Aug 16, 2010
    Chicago West Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nice list. I’ve got the capristo brackets also and fabspeed headers. It’s a great combo. Loud when I want it to be, but barely louder than OEM when driving easy. And I don’t worry about cracking brackets or headers any more (I went through 2 sets of OEM headers).

Can you share the parts list for the LEDs?

I think this winter I may tackle some of the interior surfaces to remove the sticky layer and re-coat it. Undecided which service to use for that (stickyrx or stickynomore or diy).

At 46k miles my taillights are still tight and have never been reinforced or repaired. Still curious about the reinforcement kit, can you share which one you’re going to use?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Fixjets777

Fixjets777 Karting

Oct 16, 2016
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. V8Fun

V8Fun Karting

Aug 16, 2010
    Chicago West Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Jeff!

Would love to see the finished product when you’re done. Maybe you could take before/after pics and post them.

Fixjets777 likes this.
  5. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Fixjets777 likes this.
  6. Fixjets777

Fixjets777 Karting

Oct 16, 2016
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    tickerhound likes this.
  7. Fixjets777

Fixjets777 Karting

Oct 16, 2016
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    All LED lights and F1 relay are now installed. Huge difference in brightness, see for yourself. The first two pictures are “before” and last two are “after”. I highly recommend SIS products.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. V8Fun

V8Fun Karting

Aug 16, 2010
    Chicago West Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks great! Even the 3rd light (center) was replaced it looks like?

9. Fixjets777

Fixjets777 Karting

Oct 16, 2016
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks. Yes, the new LED third brake light is significantly brighter and can be programmed to flash on initial activation.

10. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Very nice!

Fixjets777 likes this.
  11. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Nice work! While not an F-car, I have several to-do list items this winter myself! That being said, we are replacing our old two car garage with a three car garage but we are getting a little run around from the company. Hopefully it will be built in the next two weeks and I can start working on the cars.

Fixjets777 likes this.