Identify 166MM Vignale | FerrariChat

Identify 166MM Vignale

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by detective, Dec 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. detective

detective Karting

Dec 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Full Name:
    Brian J Ormerod
    Can someone help me identify this car, of which this scale model has become available to me. It is simply described as a 166MM berlinetta. It is a Vignale car and is very similar in appearance to the 1952 race cars. Notice the bumpers front and rear and no portholes in the front fenders. Most noticeably are the two narrow raised ridges running along either side of the roof panel. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  3. detective

detective Karting

Dec 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Full Name:
    Brian J Ormerod
    Thanks Christian. So never a 166MM !! This is why I got into trying to identify all Ferrari cars - one cannot rely on the model makers. It is very difficult to discern this special roof in period photos but it does look as if was not original and has gone, come back and gone again in the cars history of restorations. It also appears that the bumpers were not often fitted. I guess this model sees the car on one very particular occassion known to the model builder or is fictional. So I shall keep clear.

4. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    no not a 166 MM

model was built by Umberto Codolo / Remember

he found a kit, had some dark red color in his air brush, a #69 decal lying around, put everything together......at the end a nice model
    you are the only one who has this model, not bad