Brenda Vernor | FerrariChat

Brenda Vernor

Discussion in 'Who's Who in Ferrari Universe' started by Sfumato, Jul 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Enzo's personal secretary for 35-40 years. Still with us, lives in Modena in apartment. Minimal pension from Ferrari. You couldn't get to the old man without going thru her.
    Knows ALL the dirt from decades, too nice to tell. Goes to Historics every year, stays with mutual friends that help her at home.
    Amazing lady. The stories she tells about the team and drivers. Surtees was favorite until he passed RIP.
    Even cleared up which dog Enzo had-a standard poodle named Dick

"There's not enough alcohol or therapy in the world to undo that"- Sterling Archer
    "Entitled is the new black"- Jana

crinoid likes this.
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Can you get some wine in her and turn on the tape recorder?

I tried to do this with Gerald Roush, but it never worked out, more my side than his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Friend of mine did that with Scaglietti. Full rights.

I just listen to her and file it away. The old man did not kiss ass. He built cars, the famous kept lights on and race team going. Smart guy. Piero not so much I gather from many sources. Luca built "brand" and saved us from
    The Sweater filling his own shoe with piss.
    Nobody will believe stories. Lol. She's too sweet and honorable. Hysterically ironic. Helluva cook too.

"There's not enough alcohol or therapy in the world to undo that"- Sterling Archer
    "Entitled is the new black"- Jana

crinoid likes this.
  4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Brenda Vernor was always very helpful. On one occasion a large envelope arrived unannounced; it contained a note and the Gilles Villeneuve memorial folder on yellow paper that Ferrari produced for their driver.

I always liked the story about how Brenda attended one of the F1 races where Jacques Villeneuve was racing. She went unannounced to visit Jacaques and of course the gate keeper said he doesn't see anyone before the race. Brenda replied 'he will see me' and of course he did!

crinoid likes this.
  5. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I have had the privilege of knowing Brenda Vernor for 35 years, since my first visit to the factory in May of 1982. We stay in frequent contact by e-mail and telephone. In addition to her store-house of Ferrari information, she is a most generous and charming person. Through her, I feel as though I were present as a fly on the wall for numerous events in Ferrari history. I will be writing to her soon, and will inform her of this wonderful thread. Fred

crinoid and Rifledriver like this.
  6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Has there been any news about the book Brenda was reportedly working on?

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I had the pleasure of meeting her a few years back as well. Just went to Maranello a few weeks back and had lunch with her. She’s great! I believe the book is finished.

8. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    Apparently the corporation doesn't value her enough to supplement her described "minimal" pension. Seems sad.

crinoid likes this.
  9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    She may not be wealthy however she isn’t starving. I don’t know what they give her. She seems to get by fine.