488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 231 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Pick a color ......

2. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    As none are a Pista, I'd pick none of the above.
    Lovely car, but wrong thread.

Shadowfax, Carrerarsr and SoCal to az like this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #5754 Shadowfax, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Thanks of 2worlds! Overall it was a great day out and some fine driving was done but sadly one of the 2 passes was closed due to bush fire. We do have some incredible roads here though - and very scenic - an absolute delight to push a car like a Pista through. If I had a passenger on board they could have taken some amazing shots and vid for me to post especially through the lush rain forest sections. On the sea side shot you can see the bushfire smoke haze blanking out the headlands

The more I drive it the more I like it Shack! It is very satisfying car to push hard up a mountain pass and through tight windy forests. It really has a lot of force and grip. Mid corner is impressive. Brakes excellent but I have to admit they don't quite have the same precision modulation of the gt2....although zero complaints all things considering. The shifts are like being shot repeatedly out of a canon no matter the rpms - razor sharp thrusting you into hyper warp. Sounds really good and I mean REALLY good....no complaints either, but I will say the Forza controller is a definite must and not to be missed as it makes a very big difference on the freeway sections where in stock it's just that too quiet/tame. Super direct steering - very nice....beautiful! I can't fault the car really. You will like it a lot dude. March is a long way away. Maybe you should fly over tomorrow.;):)

stavura, MANDALAY, Carrerarsr and 8 others like this.
  4. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Many thanks for sharing this. Can you tell us more about the forza controller?

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Excellent - btw assume the Forza controller is sound only and no increase in power etc. March is almost here so no issues I can wait :)

6. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    of2worlds, stavura, johnr265 and 2 others like this.
  7. ForzaGC

ForzaGC Karting

Nov 7, 2012
    USA
    Ak3, spyderman, stavura and 7 others like this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #5759 Shadowfax, Nov 30, 2019
    The controller has two settings - 2 buttons marked A and B. A button is for stock and B is for valves open all the time. When pushing the car during sporty driving you don't need the controller as the car is loud enough but then on the freeways or around city streets you find in stock you cant hear the engine. Its really quite un-natural for a car like this not to sound proper on inside and with the valves closed it is unusually quiet inside as well as outside when on mild throttle. If you hit the B button straight away the valves open and it sounds like the car is driving on semi cold start - you can really hear it - and when you decelerate you get the burbling and small pops etc coming to a standstill. It sounds properly proper. With valves closed you get none of that and its all a bit sensation-less/soul less (in the sound department). I can honestly say the controller is the best thing I've done to this car period and I really mean that. It is just so much more complete as a car now. It's exactly how it should be. You could be coming through a tunnel in traffic in stock and outside you can hardly hear it but then hit the button and straight away the sound is so noticeable you start getting cars in front moving out of the way giving clear passage. I couldn't speak higher of the mod.

Yes sound only Shack. But it"s a great sound and you really need it on this car I'm telling you. Without it its like somethings definitely missing. Sure there are times when I'm happy to cruise the freeway or around the city streets with the valves closed but it's just so nice to have options. I honestly cannot imagine owning this car without it as it feels incomplete without it to me. Let me tell you when you have the valves open it's very hard not to hear this thing coming. I was lead most the day and the team said they could hear it from way back so it definitely puts out some sound....and you will know that also just from sitting on the inside. It's got quite a note to it....no doubt about that one. But I just love the way it drives...it is .seriously good. Now I've put a few more ks on it I'm leaning much more on the tach and I have to say this thing is seriously good as a sports-car....it's a real weapon....no question. I think you will be leaving your Spec at home from now on buddy. Pista really does tick all the boxes....worth every penny! As I said I'd be jumping a plane and getting yourself over there now to drive it - don't wait till March. PS I'd get the dealer to fit up the controller before you get there. Don't waste time by not doing that. You can thank me later.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    PM me the details of the Controller and I will do it :)

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #5761 Shadowfax, Nov 30, 2019
    Will do. I don't want to come off as being a shill for Forza but I seriously cannot speak more highly of the outcome it provides for the Pista as a car. Without the controller I would always have moments of disappointment so when the opportunity came up I couldn't get my car back to the dealer fast enough. Now I couldn't be happier. I'm just SO thankful he worked out how to get his controller to work without throwing the car into limp like what was happening with all the controllers.

of2worlds and johnr265 like this.
  11. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #5763 Shadowfax, Nov 30, 2019
    Not sure but better to email him about which is the right one. I know the one for the Pista is a whole new set up but yes I'd get your dealer to fit it and Steve (Forza) will communicate any issues your dealer may encounter. Mine was the guinea pig so more time was spent on sorting out what went where and so on. I just left it up to Steve and the service techs to work through. After the job was finished the tech said the next one would only take a couple of hours now they'd sorted the fit up procedure. I know Steve had them take a lot of photos and so on so he could help the next tech who hadn't installed one before. Insofar as warranty concerns go I can't see any as mines been running flawlessly with no cel, so it all works great without any operational issues. Anyway see how you go but I can honestly say if you have a Pista this thing is must have. The only other option is to disconnect the valves to keep them open all the time permanently but then you have the full noise all the time and there are times when it's just nice to run it quiet like a lexus - such as if you're on the phone or having a chat with a passenger along the way. Just PM me if you want any more info ...

of2worlds likes this.
  13. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    thanks for the review Shadowfax and glad to hear you're enjoying your pista! I think I am going to have to get one of these - was your dealer happy to fit it for you?

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #5765 Shadowfax, Nov 30, 2019
    Yes mate....no issues with dealer. If they get stuck get them to call FMS and ask for head tech Mal. I'm guessing you're getting a taste of what I'm talking about with the lexus cruise sound on your Pista Spider eh? Nice to get it back to sounding like a 720hp weapon should - as and when you want! This thing definitely does the trick....and thank god for that!! Btw mine took then a while to get it fitted being the prototype but Mal was saying the next one would be finished by morning tea time now they know where everything goes. Sorting the prototype took quite some time unfortunately as there were a few changes that had to be made to certain bits as well as the vacuum hoses so they all fitted up right. Now the kit has been properly sorted your techs up there should be good to go. Also as an FYI Mal said he didn't recommend disconnecting the valves permanently so I personally would not advise you to do that - he gave his reasons....clearly knows his stuff.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    I had a 488, then an 812 and now the pista. The 812 sound was amazing - the way the power, emotion and sound built to a crescendo was amazing. I am a big fan of it and I am very much hoping to secure the lightweight special. I really liked the 488, but the way it eased into the actual 7,500 redline was an anti climax. I was expecting to return to this in the pista, but I have been pleasantly surprised - the way it revs (and sounds) up to the redline makes it feel NA but with bags more torque.

But as you say, when they're closed it really mutes the experience. Thanks for your help and feedback. BTW had a ride with a GT2RS on track with cup2r's - very impressed!

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and Shadowfax like this.
  16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    No worries BG always happy to help!

Agree Pista is a very big improvement over 488!

And 2rs is a formidable opponent....
    I refer them as “brothers in arms”.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ash Patel, of2worlds, stavura and 6 others like this.
  17. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques

dustman likes this.
  18. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
  19. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
  20. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    That’s good news! Thought they stopped it. Is it the gift for the Pista? Or is there something else too (the CF box with spare key holder)?

21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona