F8 - Shmee Drives the F8 Behind La Ferraris | FerrariChat

F8 Shmee Drives the F8 Behind La Ferraris

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariFR33458, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
  2. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Quite a few stunning cars in the parade procession to Ferrari World. Not a lot of new F8 info.

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Too bad I can't force myself to click on it....

Challenge, Rrr1, rumen1 and 14 others like this.
  4. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Feels like he's not even caring about the F8. It's more focus on the other cars. Or maybe that's just the feeling of the F8

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    At least nice to see a Scud and 360 hanging in there ..

6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Once I muted the video, it became enjoyable.

Natkingcolebasket69 and SVR like this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Says a "much less hard core driving experience than Pista" and uses the word "soft" quite a lot to reference the driving experience.

Although I appreciate his enthusiasm and commitment it is hard not to agree that as a reviewer he is incredibly hard to stomach.....also found myself having to skip through an inordinate and unnecessary amount of dross.

8. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Lool

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    A completely useless video. His comments on driving the car conforms to all his others. Translation- useless. He simply regurgitates the information he is fed. He was preoccupied with all the cars surrounding him with the F8 being ignored.

10. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    Shmee is incredibly knowledgeable about cars and his memory on the fly is amazing.

11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #11 Coincid, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    But his reviews on actual driving the cars are superficial,devoid of any edification, lacking substance and highly amateurish not to mention grating to endure.

12. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    I agree he can be a bit grating but I get more information from his videos than most of the others out there

joeacc likes this.
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Did you glean any valuable information from the F8 video? I heard the adjective “ fast “ numerous times. He was not paying any attention to driving the car being instead giddy over the F cars surrounding him. Ultimately he stated the obvious that the F8 is a softer version of the Pista. Totally squandered opportunity.

stavura, Natkingcolebasket69 and fil like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    He is a paid reviewer like JWW

Natkingcolebasket69 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    But why must they be so annoying.

16. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

You lost me at Shmee

TheMayor, rumen1, stavura and 2 others like this.
  17. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I cannot stand his voice!

18. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    wow, tough crowd :(

Boomhauer likes this.
  19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Hi Guys its me Schmeeeeeeeeeeeee, omg .

Oh yeh he is very knowledgeable on the fly ...'this glass rear with the slots in it ...'

Il Co-Pilota and Ash Patel like this.
  20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    LOL

21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not a tough crowd. It’s a crowd that probably is more quailed to review exotic cars than most you tubers.
    If you are going to make a video on the f8, then make a video on the f8. No one gives a crap about 2 minutes of actual f8 content and 15 minutes crap unrelated to the title. Get to the meat of the info and be done with it.

Most you tube personalities can’t seem to do that.

Times, Challenge, stavura and 6 others like this.
  22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Harry's garage is more sophisticated in my opinion.

rumen1, stavura, Ash Patel and 4 others like this.
  23. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Testing an F8 this Friday and a 812. I will not be making a video. Just salivating and grinning ear to ear

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

24. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #24 LamboLover, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Because Harry has/had an actual career in journalism. I think he was the editor in chief at Evo Magazine?

Shmee, Doug, and most of these YouTubers are absolutely useless it comes to "reviews". "It's fast", "great brakes", "tight turning", "sounds so good" are the most over-used descriptions to talk about a car. These cars range well into the 6-figures, all these should be given. They have no ability to paint an idea of what a specific car is like (such as Clarkson saying an AMG V8 sounds like a thunderous P51-Mustang or a Brabus makes enough torque to spin the earth backwards) & worse yet, seem to have no mechanical knowledge to do so either (such as Henry Catchpole describing what a car is doing as he is maneuvering it). It's pitiful given these guys drive so many cars, yet have no way to actually describe any differences in acceleration between a Lamborghini & a Bugatti. They're both just... "fast".

Easiest way to ignore a review video is if they capitalize all or one specific WORD in the title. Need more YouTubers who are actual owners with real insights on not only the car, but the actual ownership (something Harry does very well). I find way more info when an owner here actually compares his Ferraris whether it's a Lusso/F12 or a F40/F50, even on Rennlist reading an owner pitch his GT2 RS/Cup Car, and that's just reading the posts with no video necessary to grasp the cars.

25. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    I watch Doug because his reviews are more about aspects of a car other than driving. Shmee is a bit tough to take at times but for the cars he actually owns it can be very interesting. Same for Mr JWW. if I want a review of driving experience Sutcliffe is the best with Harry, Catchpole and Harris not far behind. Different contents for different needs, that’s the beauty of YouTube, lots to choose from.

I agree it’s tough to watch some guys doing drive reviews when they don’t have a driving pedigree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk