365 GT 2+2 12553 | FerrariChat

365 GT 2+2 12553

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by michael platzer, May 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    A friend of mine has purchased the 365 GT 2+2 Chassis 12553. Now he is looking for history of the car. All he has is a title from New Mexico.

Any history of the car known?

He is looking for a windshied-frame and all the Vitaloni levers for the windshield wiper, lights and the turn signals.

Does anyone heve these parts for sale or does anyone know these part-numbers?

thank you!

2. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    This is worth a try: Tim at Select Electrics. Select Electrics - Home . The web page is out of date, because Tim closed the Berkeley shop two years ago and moved to Redwood City, CA (iirc). The phone number might still be good: (510) 528-7005, as well as the email: [email protected] . My understanding is that the steering column switches you refer to are actually one part, referred to as the "three-way." They are very expensive in the ebay world, in the range of $1,500. If you buy one of these, or buy from a vendor or restoration shop, chances are that Tim made the part. Tim can rehab the electricals and what sets him apart is his ability to cast the plastic tips for the levers.

3. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    Thank you - i forwarded your reply to my friend.

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    12553:
    Original exterior color: Verde Bahram 2.443.546.
    Original interior color: Grigio VM 3230.
    Assembly sequence #437.
    Pininfarina Body #445/A.
    Delivered new to William F. Harrah's U.S. West Coast distributorship Modern Classic Motors MCM in Reno, NV/USA.

Marcel Massini

5. Napoli365

Napoli365 Karting

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Stefano Caretti
    Hello Michael,

I know this thread is a bit old, but I am putting together a registry for the 365 GT 2+2 available here on Ferrarichat.com or https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zq-rUGL4T7oy7bLd73hwsZkT_yagzVhw.

I would love to get more information on your friend's car including a picture or two if possible.

Sincerely,

Stefano
    [email protected]